Mid season "If I was the Head Coach" thread

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • If I was the head coach, I would:

1. Avoid using zone defense
    2. NOT use screen passes (until we learn how to use them properly)
    3. Use the Tight ends for a dynamic short pass offense (They can do more than blocking you know?)
    4. Teach the proper technique to defeat a tackle for a good pass rush
    5. Stick to what's working (RUN the ball and man to man defense)

I think I could do something about the Wide receivers also :?
    HawkEye
    NET Rookie

• HawkEye wrote:If I was the head coach, I would:

1. Avoid using zone defense
    2. NOT use screen passes (until we learn how to use them properly)
    3. Use the Tight ends for a dynamic short pass offense (They can do more than blocking you know?)
    4. Teach the proper technique to defeat a tackle for a good pass rush
    5. Stick to what's working (RUN the ball and man to man defense)

I think I could do something about the Wide receivers also :?

You can't run man to man all the time. No defense can take that kind of pressure every down. Plus its gives you a safety for the better receivers as you have a centerfield to stop long gains.

2. I agree we need to learn a different way to present our screens. Its like they know its coming.

3. Tight ends are fine but then you'd better plan on QB sacks until the line has a season to play the same players together.

I haven't much to say about the other cause I think they are being done.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• If I was the head coach, I would win every game. That's all I have to say about that.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• If I was the head coach I would answer questions honestly in press conferences.

I remember when Holmgren was coach when the media asked a question about a player who was sucking he would always say "he's trying real hard!". Ouch!
    * NET Staff *

• Hawkstorian wrote:If I was the head coach I would answer questions honestly in press conferences.

I remember when Holmgren was coach when the media asked a question about a player who was sucking he would always say "he's trying real hard!". Ouch!

You woudn't be a head coach for long.

"Don't worry about Player X. He's real hurt"
    "Oh man We coudn't pass the ball to save our lives"
    "The secret to beating us is..."
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• If I was the head coach, I personally will be involved in improving offense, defense and special team scheming. I would make adjustments to my philosophy depending on the team I am playing.

Special teams
    I would gets punts and kicks to go just the distance where special teams can reach and make a play for the football rather than play the field position game. Instead of downing them under 20, I would get them downed between the 25 and 35 yard line to see if we can make a play to get the football.

Defense:

1. I would play more run defense if an opponent runs the football well, otherwise I would scheme to take away the passing game if we face a high percentage throwing QB.

2. I would give different looks to confuse the offense so that I make the opposing offense always think and guess.

Offense:

1. I would run the ball more in the 3rd and 4th quarter more than the 1st and 2nd quarter.
    2. Scheme to start fast and be ahead by 12 to 15 points and then unleash our defense to close games.
    3. I will find ways to trick the opposing defense and beat them mentally and physically.

Overall.

I will continue to be animated in the sideline
    I would bench players who don't run routes well or are not learning from their mistakes
    I will not over compete and tire my team out during practices, but will continue bringing in the right intensity to practice well.
    I won't get hormonal and throw red flags unless the game is on the line
    I will not micromanage OC and DC, and let them run the show. However I will go over before and after the game on what worked or did not work to learn from the experience.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

• seahawks08 wrote:If I was the head coach, I personally will be involved in improving offense, defense and special team scheming. I would make adjustments to my philosophy depending on the team I am playing.

Special teams
    I would gets punts and kicks to go just the distance where special teams can reach and make a play for the football rather than play the field position game. Instead of downing them under 20, I would get them downed between the 25 and 35 yard line to see if we can make a play to get the football.

Defense:

1. I would play more run defense if an opponent runs the football well, otherwise I would scheme to take away the passing game if we face a high percentage throwing QB.

2. I would give different looks to confuse the offense so that I make the opposing offense always think and guess.

Offense:

1. I would run the ball more in the 3rd and 4th quarter more than the 1st and 2nd quarter.
    2. Scheme to start fast and be ahead by 12 to 15 points and then unleash our defense to close games.
    3. I will find ways to trick the opposing defense and beat them mentally and physically.

Overall.

I will continue to be animated in the sideline
    I would bench players who don't run routes well or are not learning from their mistakes
    I will not over compete and tire my team out during practices, but will continue bringing in the right intensity to practice well.
    I won't get hormonal and throw red flags unless the game is on the line
    I will not micromanage OC and DC, and let them run the show. However I will go over before and after the game on what worked or did not work to learn from the experience.

Then we could start threads calling for your head.
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    BigMeach
    NET Starter

• If I was the coach, I would fire myself.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• If I were head coach of this team, I'd fire both coords, have Cable call the plays and I (pete) call the plays on D.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Seahawk fans are dodging a handful of bullets here.
    "Check out my 2012 NFL Draft Grades. I just gave the worst grade ever to Seattle." - WalterFootball.com
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• AgentDib wrote:Seahawk fans are dodging a handful of bullets here.

You mean the ones your Trex riding a shark is shooting out of an uzi?

Incorrect.
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

• I would have a poll of the fans each week to see who should start at every position. Then I would have the fans suggest each play using their text phones. That way I could deflect all criticism and call out the fans for being dolts.

Pure genius.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• drdiags wrote:I would have a poll of the fans each week to see who should start at every position. Then I would have the fans suggest each play using their text phones. That way I could deflect all criticism and call out the fans for being dolts.

Pure genius.

Winner!

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Scottemojo wrote:If I was the coach, I would fire myself.

I did laugh at that, that was kinda funny. Thanks scotte.

Now if i were coach i would go power crazy mad. Demand that every player have the #400 tattooed on either thier forehead or right hand and coach from a throne on the sidelines.

Yeah, thatswat i'd do.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• If I were coach I would probably call a draw .
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

• I would wait until the first niners game, stab Harbaugh during the post game handshake (unfortunately I may have to consider losing on purpose, due to the fact that if I win, there won't be a post game handshake). The team will be forced to fire me due to jail time (totally worth it) and end up hiring my assistant HC - Pete Carrol - to run the team again.

Oh and I would definitely get Brandon Stokely back via trade/FA. The most reliable reciever we had at least since Bobby Engram.
    roiyair
    NET Practice Squad

• If I were coach I would fire all the fickle fans of .Net that wanted ME fired.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• If I were the coach I'd try Jon Ryan at Linebacker and let Red Bryant return punts.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

• drdiags wrote:I would have a poll of the fans each week to see who should start at every position. Then I would have the fans suggest each play using their text phones. That way I could deflect all criticism and call out the fans for being dolts.

Pure genius.

THIS.
    Because the fans ALWAYS know what's better and best in regard to coaching a pro sports team.
    How was this "born in PA - living in NY" Hawk Fan born? At the age of 8 - I decided it was time to "become a man" and follow football.
    So what was the great wisdom filled, analytical, reasoned factor that ultimately led me to the Seahawks?
    Why the awesome uniforms of course !!
    HawkFreak
    NET Rookie

• I'd run the Flea Flicker atleast once a game.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Breno Giacomini - Eiligible receiver on every play inside the red zone.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• I have no idea what I would do as coach, but bet yer backside I'd have a 5 Millon dollar Yacht tied up to the V-Mac
    "Horse horse, did you see the size of that chicken?"
    TaterHawk
    NET Rookie

• I would use Bruce Irvin as more of a pass rushing LB sometimes, and start moving him around pre-snap. Give him a chance to knife through the middle instead of sending him one-on-one against Tackles who seem to be able to handle him no problem most of the time.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• If I was the Head Coach I'd bring back the Sprinkler TD celebration. In order to appease the football gods so that once again are offense would rein down TD's upon are enemies.
    SeahawkGeoff
    NET Practice Squad

• If I was head coach, I would run a more uptempo run game, so the other team would be forced to stay in base sets.

Then I'd run a ton of 2 TE sets. We could run or pass out of them, or bring 2 TEs to one side with an unbalanced line.

The cheerleaders would be hotter, and wear less.

I would run a bounty system where the players would get sexual favors from said cheerleader for knocking guys out of the game. Browner would be a happy man, I'm sure. Chancellor would be more aggressive again.

THEN, I'd film the bounty rewards on the down lo and make milllions on the side.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• I'd involve Leon Washington more
    I'd throw it up to Sidney every now and again
    Try a few designed QB runs on 3rd and mid
    Let Golden Tate return a few punts
    Play Braylon instead of Golden Tate more often
    Make a point to get Z Miller involved more on 3rd down
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• Curious what technique the original poster would teach for a proper pass rush?

I'd teach the Defensive tackles to anchor in and read trap plays better. You don't go unblocked against the 49ers o line unless its by design.

I'd also call more running plays, or at least more tight formations on 3rd and 2.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

• I'd actually run the 2 minute offense before half with the intent to score. No more draw plays! Sorry, Leon, your ass stays on the bench.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:40 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information