According to ESPN's QBR..Wilson has been one of the best

Omahawk

Reaction score
I used to really like Troy Aikman's formua for rating. Anyone know where I can find how he would rate Wilson?
-edit: I tried to find it and couldn't. Maybe it doesn't exist. The aikman efficiency ratings are for team stats

Scottemojo

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":24qu3ab8 said:
I'm sorry...I really want to appreciate the RW congratulatory freakouts, but cannot (yet). Last week we played a 22 rated D and we put up minimal again.
All this "but he's getting better" stuff, it's appreciated of course but I just see a low ceiling here. Can we at least let a rook complete his first year, to be fair?

I know many will read this as "RW 'hate'. Go ahead (simple minds). The truth is he's having a rather ho-hum year and there's just such a long way to go with this rook. I'm sorry to say I want this organization to obtain a serious QBOTF behind center to be feared. For some reason something keeps telling me RW ain't it (although not bad)...but also...that we will soon see one who will come to this organization and taking control to make D's PAY!!

This is NOT RW hate, that's all I can say.
Detroit has the 9th ranked pass D right now. For yards anyway.
No, it isn't hate. Doesn't mean you are being reasonable in your expectations either. If RW continues to not be bad, like you say, you are not getting a sniff of the serious QBOTF that you covet. just sayin

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":30yu0ggt said:
I'm sorry...I really want to appreciate the RW congratulatory freakouts, but cannot (yet). Last week we played a 22 rated D and we put up minimal again.
All this "but he's getting better" stuff, it's appreciated of course but I just see a low ceiling here. Can we at least let a rook complete his first year, to be fair?

I know many will read this as "RW 'hate'. Go ahead (simple minds). The truth is he's having a rather ho-hum year and there's just such a long way to go with this rook. I'm sorry to say I want this organization to obtain a serious QBOTF behind center to be feared. For some reason something keeps telling me RW ain't it (although not bad)...but also...that we will soon see one who will come to this organization and taking control to make D's PAY!!

Don't read that as RW hate. But I do not agree with you.

You need to look past stats when evaluating a qb's play. Especially a rookie who is learning the ropes on the fly. You sir are doing exactly what you accuse others of. Judging RW based off stats and looking for immediate results and peak potential, and ignoring all the surrounding factors (supporting cast, conservative offensive playcalling, etc), THAT is a simple mind. ;)

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Hawkadeus":1tj0xlne said:

You need to look past stats when evaluating a qb's play. Especially a rookie who is learning the ropes on the fly. You sir are doing exactly what you accuse others of. Judging RW based off stats and looking for immediate results and peak potential, and ignoring all the surrounding factors (supporting cast, conservative offensive playcalling, etc), THAT is a simple mind. ;)

Well no, not really. I'm basing it on points (which would equate to some prior wins), errant throws vs. solid throws, inability (right now) to hit the checkdowns necessary to make D's PAY all day long, short and mid-field hit or miss, floating long bombs (although being fair he'sALSO had some beauties mixed in, but along with ones that were miracle take downs on the other end to eek a win).

The type of QB I'm talking about is one who has a grasp on the above a bit more out the gate (and yes, who knows what will click and when?...it "could" be RW. I will give you that). I'm not talking about stats really at all.

Just as long as you understand this is NOT RW 'hate'. No games here, just want a very competitive hawks organization.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawker84":eyq64mwo said:
wilson throws for 300 + sunday, bound to happen, might as well be against a weak secondary and passrush...

Have you heard of Jared Allen? Their pass-rush is not weak.

And they're 12th overall against the pass.. not a bad defense by any stretch.

Their offense on the other hand outside of Peterson and Harvin is pretty rough. We should have the edge there if we can contain Peterson.

Tical21

Reaction score
Still doesn't score nearly that highly on the eyeball test

SoCalHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":32cxlkod said:
Hawkadeus":32cxlkod said:

Well no, not really. I'm basing it on points (which would equate to some prior wins), errant throws vs. solid throws, inability (right now) to hit the checkdowns necessary to make D's PAY all day long, short and mid-field hit or miss, floating long bombs (although being fair he'sALSO had some beauties mixed in, but along with ones that were miracle take downs on the other end to eek a win).

The type of QB I'm talking about is one who has a grasp on the above a bit more out the gate (and yes, who knows what will click and when?...it "could" be RW. I will give you that). I'm not talking about stats really at all.

Just as long as you understand this is NOT RW 'hate'. No games here, just want a very competitive hawks organization.

Oh, right, I can't believe Carroll hasn't been on the waiver wire signing all of the Tom Brady's out there. Man, sticking with Wilson when he could have drafted or signed someone like Robert Griffin or Peyton Manning!

Or do you argue that Pete should have not drafted Wilson and waited until that elite talent came along?
:roll:

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":22e5oiex said:

Everyone has their opinion ... Although I don't agree with yours. I just don't want people acting like they always supported Wilson 3 years from now when he's leading us to Super Bowl wins.

pehawk

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":2rpbw5gg said:

Okay, I am ALL giddy like a 12yo with Beiber fever over Wilson, but the bold is a good point. The best valid criticism I've read so far. Fair point.

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
pehawk":261t0cyq said:
hawkfan1975":261t0cyq said:

Okay, I am ALL giddy like a 12yo with Beiber fever over Wilson, but the bold is a good point. The best valid criticism I've read so far. Fair point.

A rookie qb beyond valid criticisms I've never seen. These things are understandable and realistic. Expecting perfection is not. I got no prob with us pointing out the ares where RW neesd to improve. Pointing them out as some sort of inherent, impossible to overcome, flaws, as posters such as Hasselbeck, feel the need, is just wrong, and stupid, and ignorant. Sorry RW isn't a 6'5" 1st round pick with perceived unlimited potential. He's still able to improve, Flynnicists. Sorry. ;)

I'm with pehawk. This kid is special. Anyone who thinks otherwise, keep it up. Join Hasselbeck and cement your Flynnicism and forever be remembered for your stubbornness. I will be be remembered. ;)

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Hawkadeus":3it45p1h said:
pehawk":3it45p1h said:
hawkfan1975":3it45p1h said:

A rookie qb beyond valid criticisms I've never seen. These things are understandable and realistic. Expecting perfection is not. I got no prob with us pointing out the ares where RW neesd to improve. Pointing them out as some sort of inherent, impossible to overcome, flaws, as posters such as Hasselbeck, feel the need, is just wrong, and stupid, and ignorant. Sorry RW isn't a 6'5" 1st round pick with perceived unlimited potential. He's still able to improve, Flynnicists. Sorry. ;)

I'm with pehawk. This kid is special. Anyone who thinks otherwise, keep it up. Join Hasselbeck and cement your Flynnicism and forever be remembered for your stubbornness. I will be be remembered. ;)

:13:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hawkadeus":nqm7h0e6 said:
hawkfan1975":nqm7h0e6 said:

I totally agree with the 2nd part of this above post and suggest that only one of the whole receiving crew that is having a reasonable season is Rice. This suggests Wilson is not being helped much either by his receivers or by the scheme. Wilson improves game to game doesn't take a lot of sacks despite weak right side pass pro. Any honest evaluation of our OLine would reveal they are left side dominant and right side weak, they generally run to the left when short yardage is needed, and are forcing our RBs to make a large portion of their yardage after contact.

As much as I love Giacomini's toughness it'd be nice to see better pass protection from the right side if the line. Two TDs from our TEs in 8 games indicates the scheme isn't helping Wilson much in the red zone. From what he's shown so far will have a very high ceiling in the NFL. All he needs is so help, a few more healthy WRs, better play from the TEs, and a lot more ability to open it up.

PC has brought Wilson along slowly but it's now time to open it up some and allow Wilson to be creative.

Basing any evaluation on simply stats is affirming the truth there are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Latest posts