Just met Marshawn Lynch!

Basis4day

Reaction score
kearly":8bix49hl said:
pehawk":8bix49hl said:
Maybe Marshaun's just a bit shy? Kind of the vibe he gives off.

Yeah, he's the classic profile. Quiet, awkward, camera-shy. A private person. Just like many of us including me. I always thought that his refusal to participate on realrob was more about him not wanting to have to think of something to say in front of a camera than anything else. Or that if he did let loose, people might not like it. Nothing wrong with staying quiet in my book.

I think this might answer that. 1:20 in. The week after he said started his quiet act.

[youtube]DIouEvQoD8s[/youtube]

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Some players are cool with it, others aren't. I met Shawn Kemp at a gas station said "big fan" and we chatted for 10 minutes then went and got teryaki together. He refused to let me pay for my own meal. Just talked with him like he was any normal person. Cool dude.

Met Walter Jones at Champs in Bellevue Square and went with the same "big fan" he said " you're a fan of offensive linemen?" I said "only the good ones." And he started cracking up. Talked about shoes for a couple minutes then I went to pay for the ones I was buying.

Met Shawn Springs standing in line at macy's after that Monday night game where he picked off Favre twice. Said "nice game yesterday" he said "thanks" then pulled out a phone and acted like he was on it but he wasn't. Some are cool, others aren't.

OP
OP
The Yugoslavian

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Wow, this post really took off...

First, it was an Infiniti, I know cause I saw the front of the car.

Second, I quietly, almost whispering, asked him for a quick picture.

He was absolutely saying "Awww hell no I knew there was a catch to that" to me referring to me letting him go infront of me in line.

And I took the pic of him so I could at least show my friends. I was about as polite as an excited fan could be to see one of their favorite players. Call me a dick or whatever but I don't think I did anything rude. Everyone at my work today said I should have ran back in and bought a bag of skittles and thrown them all over the parking lot hahaha. All in all it was cool to see him, it would have been nicer to have got a picture or autograph or something but still it was an enjoyable experience and it doesn't change my opinion of him at all. I honestly wasn't expecting him to let me take a pic but it was worth a shot.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Nicest athlete I met?

Jerome Bettis.

As fate would have it.. the year I met Bettis (at the Vegas airport) was July 2005.

Little did I know......................

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3m540wqg said:
Hasselbeck":3m540wqg said:
I'd prefer for our franchise RB to not use a cell phone while pumping gas though.

What the hell? Why? You think it's going to blow up the gas station?

It was tongue-in-cheek. Calm down.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I saw Nate Burleson in passing at the airport, we made eye contact, he knew I knew. Right after he signed with Detroit, at Seatac. He didn't have any bags, I assume he has people for that.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
I didn't read all 6 pages of this. But I wanted to comment on something I read in the first couple pages,

It was a comment about the players owing nothing to the fans.

They owe everything to the fans. Maybe some get it, some don't, but if it weren't for the fans, buying tickets, buying jerseys, watching games on TV, none of this would exist!

Recognize! The only reason they are where they are is because of us.

Don't forget it!

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2twsve8r said:
Nicest athlete I met?

Jerome Bettis.

As fate would have it.. the year I met Bettis (at the Vegas airport) was July 2005.

Seems your judgment there was as sensible as your opinions on the Hawks qb's this season.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawkadeus":wvc8z903 said:
Hasselbeck":wvc8z903 said:
Nicest athlete I met?

Jerome Bettis.

Seems your judgment there was as sensible as your opinions on the Hawks qb's this season.

Haha. We'll see... :th2thumbs:

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
5280Hawk":8mr0sqt4 said:
I didn't read all 6 pages of this. But I wanted to comment on something I read in the first couple pages,

They owe everything to the fans. Maybe some get it, some don't, but if it weren't for the fans, buying tickets, buying jerseys, watching games on TV, none of this would exist!

Don't forget it!

Say you work at the Coca Cola bottling plant. YOU OWE ALL THE PEOPLE THAT BUY COCA COLA! Your job doesn't exist otherwise! Every time you come across someone who drinks Coke, you better sure as hell do a song and dance for them. Because without them, you don't get paid! Recognize where you come from! Punk!

:sarcasm_off: x 10

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3pkposfb said:
Hawkadeus":3pkposfb said:
Hasselbeck":3pkposfb said:
Nicest athlete I met?

Jerome Bettis.

Haha. We'll see... :th2thumbs:

Says the guy, winking and smiling, secretly rooting against his own team's qb, simply so he can be prove right.

PATHETIC.

Almost as much as your posts.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
5280Hawk":3gmdblld said:

Don't forget it!

This is true, and he probably knows it. Doesn't mean he has to express it like a cheerleader whenever approached. First and foremost he is a person, who gets annoyed. He owes you nothing at a gas station, he owes you everything he has on the field in order to get seattle a sb win.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
SNDavidson":2nbf1jvj said:
5280Hawk":2nbf1jvj said:

Don't forget it!

This is true, and he probably knows it. Doesn't mean he has to express it like a cheerleader whenever approached. First and foremost he is a person, who gets annoyed. He owes you nothing at a gas station, he owes you everything he has on the field in order to get seattle a sb win.

Yep, I get that too, he might have been in the phone with his moms,

I was more replying to they guy who says that they as players owe us nothing, if not for us he doesn't have that nice car to put gas in.

Edit - oh that was you. It's just an appreciation thing I guess . Both ways.

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
5280Hawk":1v2v8sn0 said:
SNDavidson":1v2v8sn0 said:
5280Hawk":1v2v8sn0 said:

Don't forget it!

Yep, I get that too, he might have been in the phone with his moms,

I was more replying to they guy who says that they as players owe us nothing, if not for us he doesn't have that nice car to put gas in.

Besides a copy of Windows, what does Bill Gates owe you? "Hey Bill Gates!!! I buy your software! Dance for me! Say cheese!! Without me, you'd be NOTHING!!!"

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I will never quite understand the whole "i got a picture with a famous person/celebrity!" thing.
i was in Cabo walking behind two Mexican women (one was middle aged and the other was early 20's if that)
And as we're walking, the older one kept turning around and smiling and finally asked if I would
take a picture with her niece (the younger one) and it threw me off because I'm thinking
"who do these ladies think I am?" but i took the picture and went on down to the beach.
While at the beach my wife said:
"I bet they think you are a basketball player, you're tall, Black, dressed nice, AND YOU'RE WITH A WHITE GIRL LOL!"
and it made alot of sense.
But then I got to thinking, "whether I was a ball player or not, what does her having a picture of her self with me prove?"
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IMHO.

Anyways, I TOTALLY overstand how Beastmode could've been annoyed by you if the scenario is in fact how you
described it.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Besides a copy of Windows, what does Bill Gates owe you? "Hey Bill Gates!!! I buy your software! Dance for me! Say cheese!! Without me, you'd be NOTHING!!!"

First of all I'm an apple guy,

And second my fandom means nothing to the whole scheme of things. But sports is not really a necessary thing in society like your first two examples (coca cola and windows7)

Feed the Hawk

Reaction score
that post reminds me of this, which is good for a laugh.

the cult of celebrity lol

[youtube]XYU1a0lTTTw[/youtube]

IMO I think it's fine to approach a sports celeb as long as your respectful about it and try to approach them as a fellow human being. No need to act as if they are on a higher plane than everyone else.