It's Pete time...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
pehawk":2zqqt58z said:
volsunghawk":2zqqt58z said:
pehawk":2zqqt58z said:
Steelers play in the 1st or 2nd best division in football.

Maybe in years past, but I don't buy that any longer. The Ravens are one of the weaker 5-2 teams I've ever seen and have lost tons of core players to injury this season. The Bengals are trending down in a big way, making last year's playoff run look like a lucky break than something they can build on. And the Browns remain a hot mess. Add in Pittsburgh's struggles so far this season, and I'd put that division as middle-of-the-pack at BEST.

I think the NFC West is clearly better, as is the NFC North. You could probably even make an argument for the NFC South being at least on par, since the Falcons are better than anyone in the AFC North, the Saints remain dangerous (at least on offense), the Bucs are starting to put things together (and I'd take them in a head-to-head over Cincy right now), and the Panthers aren't really any more awful than the Browns.

I agree, actually. But, yesterday I heard Clayton say in his opinion the AFC North is the best, the records now validate that. I say the NFC West.

I didn't think winning in Detroit would be easy. Certainly winnable though.

I'm happy with Pete as my coach, but even he admitted they took the wrong approach against their offense. That's something Carroll needs to be better at, period. That plan allowed an 80 yard TD drive - Earl and Browner pointed that out in a respectful manner as well. What he's done previously exempts him from present-day mistakes?

If we go by straight wins, the NFC North is in the lead with 19 and the NFC West has 17. The AFC North has 14 (with the mitigating factor that all but Cleveland are a game behind after the byes).

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
JC quoted records against non-division opponents. Maybe he meant the NFC North?

Did I mention I didn't agree with it?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
pehawk":3sdmx2gh said:

You did. I just think Clayton's either full of crap or you're right that he misspoke and meant to say the NFC North (where 3 teams are above .500 by 2 games or more.)

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
pehawk":3dhiw8k7 said:
T-Sizzle":3dhiw8k7 said:
pehawk":3dhiw8k7 said:
I understand, completely, the rebuild that was required and the job that's been done. My frustration is the fact I've seen more accomplished with less. And right now, this team can run the ball, throw deep, is respectable in other aspects of the passing game, has a talented and good defense and its .500.

I've seen teams win with less than that, period. I'm happy and understanding of the work Pete and staff have done, truly I am, but its time to win now. Teams with less find ways to win. Dolphins, Steelers to name 2 less talented teams winning now, with less.

I could not disagree more. There is a segment of fans that just don't like Pete Carroll. He could win a superbowl and people would still dislike him. Calling for his head shows a lack of patience and vision.

Good thing nothing in my post showed a lack of patience or vision. I'm very happy with him as a coach.

But, I look at the Rams and Lions games as instances where Pete didn't do his best to win those games. Each game had a 100 yard rusher, and the Detroit game had a very productive offense. Carroll admitted that his plan against Stafford didn't work. That plan allowed a 80+ yard drive to the Lions for the win.

It's okay to say, "Pete you've been a maestro in building this thing, but now you need to do more on gamedays".

Pete will never throw his players under the bus like another Hawks coach we had. Pete going to ALWAYS accept blame as a good coach should. He doesn't play on the field and the bottom line is players on defense didn't make the plays..... We have the 2nd youngest team in football, people need to keep that in mind.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":2an3tw8p said:
Pete will never throw his players under the bus like another Hawks coach we had. Pete going to ALWAYS accept blame as a good coach should. He doesn't play on the field and the bottom line is players on defense didn't make the plays..... We have the 2nd youngest team in football, people need to keep that in mind.

Some people said Pete did throw his defense under the bus after the SF game when he said the defense needed to do better. Better than giving up only 13 Pts?

If he was honest he would have said "our offense needed to do better, too many drops, interceptions and three and outs.........we can't expect our defense to hold good teams like SF to under 15 pts EVERY SINGLE GAME."

If you're on defense, how does that make you feel? You just held one of the better teams in the NFL to 13 pts, and your coach is telling the media that wasn't good enough.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":sfjvn80h said:
pehawk":sfjvn80h said:

You did. I just think Clayton's either full of crap or you're right that he misspoke and meant to say the NFC North (where 3 teams are above .500 by 2 games or more.)

Maybe Clayton misspoke. Outside of the division, the AFC North is 10-10. The NFC North is 19-7.

For comparison, the NFC West is 12-10, though we can pretty much blame the Rams for most of that (they account for half our division's out-of-division losses).

MeanBlueGreen

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1i6cjw6q said:
Regardless, Sarlacc, pe is correct. This team has underperformed grossly. That is on the head coach.

Underperformed grossly??? I think we should be thankful they have performed as well as they have. We have a rookie QB, rookie receivers, rookie lineman, 2nd year dbs, 2nd year secondary. Going up against the Lions, whose QB threw for over 5000 yards last year, against the NFL's #1 defense, etc. and has been in every game we've played.

I'm ecstatic about the product on the field. I haven't once felt we didn't have a chance or chances to win, unlike years past. Our team plays with heart and conviction (except apparently on 3rd downs on the road).

the mistakes we've made re mostly inexperience and mental errors - we are chockful of talent...

It's Seahawks Time....

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ig0t1qcf said:
T-Sizzle":ig0t1qcf said:

Some people said Pete did throw his defense under the bus after the SF game when he said the defense needed to do better. Better than giving up only 13 Pts?

If he was honest he would have said "our offense needed to do better, too many drops, interceptions and three and outs.........we can't expect our defense to hold good teams like SF to under 15 pts EVERY SINGLE GAME."

If you're on defense, how does that make you feel? You just held one of the better teams in the NFL to 13 pts, and your coach is telling the media that wasn't good enough.

I would love to get in a long debate with you...but you seem to reply to EVERY SINGLE post I make with made up information. You need to give me more than "some people said"...sorry bro.

Tical21

Reaction score
C'mon. This thread makes me sick. Name one single coach on the planet that would have a better record with a 3rd round rookie starting QB. One. We all want to win now, but anybody who was expecting to go 12-4 and win the Super Bowl needs a serious reality check.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Tical21":2erjspx2 said:
C'mon. This thread makes me sick. Name one single coach on the planet that would have a better record with a 3rd round rookie starting QB. One. We all want to win now, but anybody who was expecting to go 12-4 and win the Super Bowl needs a serious reality check.

They'd still complain about the 4 losses.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I never understood the whole "winning has to look a certain way" thing. F'ing stupid, a W is a W, regardless of how it looks.

zayden185

Reaction score
pehawk":20n4f5ys said:
It's on him now, he needs to right this, and soon.

Even before the offense took steps forwards against NE, the offense could always; run the ball, hit any pattern, could throw long WELL. The defense has the players and tools to play well. Plus, this team ALWAYS plays hard, in every facet of the game.

Playing hard usually will beat the likes of Detroit. The talent differential should've beaten the Rams. And, the offense seemed uninterested in winning the SF game (based on poor execution).

I look at a team like Miami, with SO much less, seemingly playing better and just as hard. And, they're winning, ON THE ROAD. So, for all the excuses of how better it is, how much brilliance Pete has shown putting this together, there's no more excuses for not winning.

Yesterday really pissed me off. That's a mentally soft team the Seahawks lost to. The perfect type of learning road win this teams NEEDS to get.

I'm appreciative of Pete. But, there's no more room for losses.

They beat the jets and Cincy didn't they on the road? Rams barely at home...their record is deceiving I think

We had two miser plays and left 10 off te board. He can't throw it and catch it

themunn

Reaction score
Tical21":1qi7raxy said:

Jim Mora Jr.

Prove me wrong

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":1wpsnuyz said:
Sgt. Largent":1wpsnuyz said:
T-Sizzle":1wpsnuyz said:

I would love to get in a long debate with you...but you seem to reply to EVERY SINGLE post I make with made up information. You need to give me more than "some people said"...sorry bro.

I heard numerous times on both 710 and 950 during the past couple of weeks, so it's not made up. It's a valid concern, a coach should never publicly criticize his players, keep it in the locker room.

themunn

Reaction score
pehawk":1ihikxkf said:
Why haven't they clicked, is my question? The Bronco's clicked, a year after sucking, with the worst QB ever known, while devising new offensive and defensive schemes through the season. This year and last.

The Dolphins this year are doing more with less. They're younger and less talented - in vastly different systems.

And it still doesn't change the point that the coaches I mentioned would be winning, period. Lynch topped 100 in SF, Stl and now Detroit, but they're all losses.

The Broncos went 8-8, lost 5 games by scores of 23-49, 10-45, 23-41 and the worst of all - 14-40 to the BILLS. Just because they had a 6 game streak where they were somehow staying in games whilst being dominated then scoring in the 4th quarter doesn't mean they "clicked", especially when you consider 3 of the teams they beat were god-awful AFC West Teams, another was the 3-13 Vikings and another was an overtime win against the same Caleb Hainie and Marion Barber-led Bears that every other team swept aside in that period.

Is that what you want from our Seahawks? They were basically the 2010 Seahawks, and they've accelerated the process by bringing in one of the greatest QBs of all time

BASF

Reaction score
The Lions are much better than many of you think they are. If not for three special team TDs allowed they would have been 4-2 going into our game. If you need proof of what giving up a couple of Special Teams Tds can do for your team take a look at the 2010 Chargers who lost to us thanks to Leon Washington's two return TD's and missed the playoffs that season due to that one loss. Their secondary is not "terrible." They are ninth in passing yards allowed and have not yielded more than two passing TDs in any of their games. They also only have only one loss with a point differential higher than one score.

In regards to the OP, I believe that there are no teams in the NFL now that look at the Seahawks as a team that they can't get up for. Whereas, the Dolphins are not a team that people bring their A-game for. We are finally a team that opponents take seriously and that is going to make winning more difficult, especially on the road to a team desperate for a win when they had a few breaks go against them to cost them wins. In addition to the special teams touchdowns, they have also given up two defensive touchdowns.

I agree that Pete needs to step it up with in game decisions though.

Latest posts