Just met Marshawn Lynch!

m0ng0

Reaction score
are you sure he is pumping gas? :D

In the words of Henry Rollins "disrepect is a two way street"

12thMan1

Reaction score
Minne":3pl8g8fx said:
I find it kind of disrespectful to even ask him. If I was a famous player I wouldn't want to be bugged getting gas. They don't get paid to be nice to people outside of work.

U Mad Bro?

Bipolar

Reaction score
I was eating sushi at a fancy joint downtown Minneapolis literally next to Adrian Peterson (a table away from him). Larry Fitzgerald was also in the building - I saw him only from behind.

but it never even came across my mind to bug the guy, ask for pictures, etc. I just didnt want to be "that guy".

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, it's got to get really old when you just want to stop and get some gas and maybe a few Slim Jims or something and you get asked for a photograph. I'm sure that just gets to be a real pain in the butt. Guy has a life outside football, and he's too well known to be able to just do what he wants to do, which probably gets to be a problem for him, given his desire to do what he does and not have to deal...

I've been at movie theaters with Evander Holyfield and with Bill Gates (with Melinda). I had absolutely NO desire to run over, take pictures, say hello, and wouldn't dream of intruding like that... they are just there to see a freaking movie! Not be harassed by someone who wants 5, 15, 90 seconds of their life given up in face time with a random member of the public. It's plenty for me to know I was in the same room with them for two or three hours, and they like popcorn, just like I do...

drdiags

Reaction score
I think Lynch deflects attention because it is what gets him in trouble. He was dropping F-bombs in earlier RealRobReports and got some flack about it. He commented on twitter about being pulled over by Bellevue cops and TraumaHawk dropped the N-word on him trying to relate how his ghetto-talk poisoned the fanbase that was trying to like him and that since he was about to be paid should hold a higher standard.

MRob should just let him be but that is their thing. If you look at the crazy crap happening with the Cowboys OT, where he needs a restraining order to keep him money grabbing relatives away from him, it sounds like Lynch figured the OP offered a kindness in order to curry favor. Money and fame has a price you have to pay to attain it, but not having lived in that type of fishbowl, not sure how I would respond.

Things could seem harmless but one has to stay on guard for anything. I would just chalk it up as a person not wanting to be bothered and I would not have brought it to the forum. But it has merit because it allows us all to voice our opinion on how fans and players should interact. What we as fans expect. What do players want from the fans/players interaction? If you listen to player interviews, something tells me that the PR folks drive home the need for the players to play to the 12th man. It is a foundation piece for this organization and it seems they want the players to drive home the talking point whenever given the chance.

Omahawk

Reaction score
I'm guessing he ignored you or maybe didn't even hear you and said "Ah, hell no" to whoever he was talking to on the phone regarding something completely different.

Rainger

Reaction score
I think it was the picture thing. Consent to you taking a picture is legal for you to use it and publish it. If you had asked for a autograph I bet you would have got it. Alot of them just dont want the photo thing with consent.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
When I met Lynch, he was really friendly and shook the hands of my wife and me.

Guess the difference was that I didn't bug him by asking to take a picture.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
HawkFan72":37qw9cmn said:
When I met Lynch, he was really friendly and shook the hands of my wife and me.

Guess the difference was that I didn't bug him by asking to take a picture.

He believes photo's will steal his soul.

A

Anonymous

People here may remember my story I told about peeing next to Brian Blades in a Hooters back in the day. I'll spare the details, as it's been told before, but he and I happened to be eliminating in adjacent urinals when I realized who he was. Now, just like the "elavator rule", one does not talk to someone when they are taking a piss. It's just not right. I did, however, wait until we both were finished and heading toward the sink to say something. I acknowledged that I knew who he was, and that a did not want to bother him, but it would sure be cool to get his autograph. Blades' response was warm and friendly, and even suggested an item that he could sign from the giftshop. Not only was I invited to stop by his table and given his autograph, but the 8 other players all signed that little rubber football too.

Yugo encountered Beast in a very public place with zero privacy and when he was in "out in the public trying to avoid folks" mode. I do believe his comments may have been directed to the person on the phone, but I wasn't there either. At any rate, I do believe that if this encounter was to occur inside a club or in a parking garage with no one else around, Marshawn may not have been in the same demeaner. I believe surroundings and comfort-level play into the response a famous person gives to the average joe. Being on the phone and bugging someone is not cool either, even if you think they're faking it.

Chapow

Reaction score
Couple things,

1. It's pretty damn rude to interrupt someone when they are on the phone, anyone over the age of about 4 should know this and not do it. This is especially true when interrupting someone you don't even know and asking them to do you a favor while they are on the phone.

2. You interrupted his phone conversation to ask for a picture, he said no, then you took a picture of him anyway. So who was the rude/disrespectful/dickhead in this situation again?

Greenhell

Reaction score
The Radish":23vk542k said:
Wife and I and another couple met John Wayne once at Shilsole Bay Marina and he went out of his way to stop, say hello for just a moment then went on his way. What time that was.

Hey Radish, for the younger folk on this forum, you might want to post a pic of who John Wayne was. LOL!

kearly

Reaction score
pehawk":230wuaun said:
Maybe Marshaun's just a bit shy? Kind of the vibe he gives off.

Yeah, he's the classic profile. Quiet, awkward, camera-shy. A private person. Just like many of us including me. I always thought that his refusal to participate on realrob was more about him not wanting to have to think of something to say in front of a camera than anything else. Or that if he did let loose, people might not like it. Nothing wrong with staying quiet in my book.