Just met Marshawn Lynch!

509hawk

Reaction score
lol dont feel bad. my buddy works at nordstroms in bellevue and has met him a few times. he asked for a pic once and got a similar response. after he said no he asked for a handshake though and he gave him one.

the only hawk ive seen in public is sidney rice twice and i said whats up to him once and he returned it and the second time i just gave him a nod.

Hawks46

Reaction score
This reminds me of a time in Vegas, where I met Gary Payton at a movie theatre. He was in the concessions line, and I had just gotten my popcorn. He was on the phone the whole time, and I asked, quietly..."you're Gary Payton?" and he nodded while still on the phone...so I quietly said again "hate to bug you, but I was a huge Sonics fan, I thought you and Kemp were the best"

He then nodded again and mouthed "thanks" and held his hand out real quick for a fist bump.

I didn't feel like he slighted me in the least bit. I kinda felt like an ass afterwords for not waiting till he was off the phone, but I was so shocked to see him there, in the least likely place to expect it, that I kinda blurted the question out before I figured I was being rude.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The only thing that dissapoints me with the story is that he wasnt driving his big ol' van.

I would have given him a little baby stiff arm and then shouted "Hold mah d**k!"

lukerguy

Reaction score
I do think most city heroes are held to a higher standard. With that being said, they are human. Have you watched the Real Rob Reports?? Well.. he doesn't even let his own FB (who blocks for him) put him on camera. The guy doesn't like the camera, and that doesn't make him a jerk.

TLD0550

Reaction score
How would u like people with an arterial motive asking you for a pic treat him like the normal person he is and leave him alone u all wonder why these guys are dicks ?? BTW who comes up to us asking for sh$t while were pumpin gas Bums and we say ahh no I aing got no change

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
jkitsune":10b895dt said:
I know people have different opinions on this, and it doesn't change my opinion of him as a player, but what a dick.

Yeah, all he does is bring it every friggin game and put his body on the line like few other RB's in the league. I think he's earned our respect by doing his job and has the right to be left alone for a minute. JMO.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
TLD0550":39oh8nd9 said:
How would u like people with an arterial motive asking you for a pic treat him like the normal person he is and leave him alone u all wonder why these guys are dicks ?? BTW who comes up to us asking for sh$t while were pumpin gas Bums and we say ahh no I aing got no change

This.

Thanks for putting into words what i was trying to say.

Fox0r

Reaction score
You guys can call him rude, but it was probably the appropriate reaction if he was on the telephone.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Fine, they don't owe fans anything but seriously how shitty is that? Sorry but the fans drive player salaries 100%, there is no other source of revenue for the NFL, period.

Why not give a little something back to the people that support the shit out of you? They should be grateful that they get paid millions and keep a smile on their face everyday that they get the opportunity that they do. I know Marshawn is a little different because he is a little strange, and if he was on the phone he gets a pass for this encounter, but its still disappointment.

My boss met him in a hotel elevator at the pro bowl one year. Based on my bosses account, he was more or less a dick but also just kindof strange. Perhaps he is just a hard guy to get to know.

That all being said, what he has done for this team on the field cannot be overstated, so he will be rightfully loved regardless of what he does off the field...

Fox0r

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":rlz4vkgy said:
Fine, they don't owe fans anything but seriously how shitty is that? Sorry but the fans drive player salaries 100%, there is no other source of revenue for the NFL, period.

Why not give a little something back to the people that support the shit out of you? They should be grateful that they get paid millions and keep a smile on their face everyday that they get the opportunity that they do. I know Marshawn is a little different because he is a little strange, and if he was on the phone he gets a pass for this encounter, but its still disappointment.

My boss met him in a hotel elevator at the pro bowl one year. Based on my bosses account, he was more or less a dick but also just kindof strange. Perhaps he is just a hard guy to get to know.

That all being said, what he has done for this team on the field cannot be overstated, so he will be rightfully loved regardless of what he does off the field...

I don't agree with this. I think approaching anyone while they are talking on the phone is incredibly rude and disrespectful. Who is to say he wouldn't have been happy to sign an autograph if he was off the phone?

TLD0550

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":2dkcy4u4 said:

I have met more than a handful of "Athletes/Famous people " and you treat them like every other human being and you would be surprised the respect you will get from them but when you run into them at a gas station of all places the last thing they care about is other people... Phone/No Phone

As far as their salary they have a product we want bottom line, do we smile to everyone on monday after getting our ass chewed out by our boss No, but we also have a product no one at the gas station gives two sh$ts about...so NO ONE TALKS about it...

TLD0550

Reaction score
Better yet throw him in the back of the van and show him what its like to roll around in captivity

SonicHawk

Reaction score
TLD0550":28rcv32n said:

If someone came up to me and asked for a picture with me? That'd be cool.

You're not asking for change... not even a signature (****, pen to paper... so hard) -- You're asking to take a photograph to document the time you met another human being. How ridiculous of a thought is that.

He doesn't get million dollar checks because he knows how to run with a pigskin in his hand. He gets million dollar checks because he can do that and we'll pay money to watch him, buy stuff with his name on it and watch advertisements in between possessions just for the chance to see him run the ball up the middle again.

HawkHack

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1zz958kz said:
I'd prefer for our franchise RB to not use a cell phone while pumping gas though.

Mythbusters busted that one. Pretty convincingly, too.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
SonicHawk":1u8eghpx said:
TLD0550":1u8eghpx said:

If someone came up to me and asked for a picture with me? That'd be cool.

You're not asking for change... not even a signature (****, pen to paper... so hard) -- You're asking to take a photograph to document the time you met another human being. How ridiculous of a thought is that.

He doesn't get million dollar checks because he knows how to run with a pigskin in his hand. He gets million dollar checks because he can do that and we'll pay money to watch him, buy stuff with his name on it and watch advertisements in between possessions just for the chance to see him run the ball up the middle again.

Yeah, but what if it happened 20 times a day every single day? I have no idea if that number's accurate but I imagine he can't really go out into public in the Seattle or Bay area without being asked for a photo/auto/hand shake/convo... and he seems like a bit of a reclusive dude anyway, so I can understand the situation. At least he declined it with a joke, that has to count for something.

Think about it this way. This guy figured out what he was good at and has managed to make a very good living at it (something we all strive/hope for). Just because in his case it turns out his occupation makes him a celebrity doesn't mean he wants to be, or is good at being, a celebrity.

If I saw Marshawn I'd melt like a little girl but I would not be offended if he didn't have the time or desire to entertain my girlish reaction. It'd suck but I'd understand and get over it real quick.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
pehawk":3hudf4mf said:
bingotown":3hudf4mf said:
Yeah I can understand the line of people that may gather, but 1 guy at a gas station? Dickhead, straight up. He can run for 1700 yards and carry this team, doesn't mean he has to be a dickhead. I've meet some popular people before, never had anyone be a straight up dick.
What? I dont see the correlation.

His comment wasn't dickish. It's all in the delivery.
This. Absolutely this.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
BlueTalon":36zmufa2 said:
SNDavidson":36zmufa2 said:
Wow, some of these posts are idiotic. People are interesting.
Some of these posts are interesting, and people are idiots.

Some posts and people are idiotic, which is interesting.

Latest posts