Last time the Vikings came to Seattle in the Reg Season

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
That game was the absolute worst! And all the Vikings fans there were insufferable afterward leaving the stadium. Thanks for reminding me. I WANT REVENGE!!!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
That game sucked. Vikings had a 90+ yard TD run in that game that severely tested the impact limits of my remote and my TV screen.

Chester Taylor, I think?

Of course, we had a long TD from Hass (before he got hurt) to D Jack ... I remember it well. Great read and hot route by those guys.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3e73bgab said:
That game sucked. Vikings had a 90+ yard TD run in that game that severely tested the impact limits of my remote and my TV screen.

Chester Taylor, I think?

Of course, we had a long TD from Hass (before he got hurt) to D Jack ... I remember it well. Great read and hot route by those guys.

Yeah... Matt saw that and you saw him light up like a kid on Christmas as he was screaming that audible and the team quickly moved into position. Then he hits D Jack just right past the LBers and he sprints all the way home.

I wonder if that was what prompted Henderson to "accidentally roll" into Matt's knee later in the game, because that audible and play was totally on the LBers to adjust to where D Jack moved and caught the ball. They had nobody behind them and were reading run all the way.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I really don't think EJ Henderson rolled into Matt's leg on purpose. That game seems like so long ago.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2g4ymc6r said:
I think EJ Henderson has paid his karmic debt for rolling into Matt's leg.

Maybe... but the Vikings still pulled that poison pill. That can never be forgiven. Sure it was Ruskell's fault for giving them the opportunity, but no team had ever used it before because they all chose to act with integrity. That is something the Vikings franchise doesn't have. So I could care less if they just go rot. I used to be quite a Vikes supporter since I had so much family and friends from Minne... not anymore. Once they pulled that business, signed Favre (repeatedly) and just basically acted like jerks (even to their own fanbase with all of the L.A. lies) then I said no more. Let them lose always.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Oh, I forgot they also claimed they could pack up and move to San Antonio any day of the week and that would be fine by them. What a bunch of jerks. They are the Clay Bennett of the NFL.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
SharkHawk":2dqvoes7 said:
Sarlacc83":2dqvoes7 said:
I think EJ Henderson has paid his karmic debt for rolling into Matt's leg.

Maybe... but the Vikings still pulled that poison pill. That can never be forgiven. Sure it was Ruskell's fault for giving them the opportunity, but no team had ever used it before because they all chose to act with integrity. That is something the Vikings franchise doesn't have. So I could care less if they just go rot. I used to be quite a Vikes supporter since I had so much family and friends from Minne... not anymore. Once they pulled that business, signed Favre (repeatedly) and just basically acted like jerks (even to their own fanbase with all of the L.A. lies) then I said no more. Let them lose always.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Viqueens, too. I'm just saying that EJ Henderson's broken leg was one of the worst injuries I've ever seen.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I get you. I wasn't wishing ill on the guy. I just wondered if he was peeved about the earlier play and turned up his motor a notch. I don't think it was really dirty. I think it was the result of being extra aggressive. I wouldn't ever wish for anybody to be hurt. I'm like Evil Knievel myself, so I feel tons of pain and it truly saddens me when I see anybody get hurt, especially an elite athlete who is out there to entertain us and puts their life on the line (literally it seems) weekly.

Hawks46

Reaction score
It could by Flynn for the Win !

Oops, was that out loud ?

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Forget all this stuff. Just remember Shaun hanging 5 TD's on the Queens at Qwest before halftime a few years ago.

Much better.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'll never forget the whole Poison Pill thing, screw the Viqueens. Harvin and AP are very very good players, slow them down and we win this game. Hopefully we'll just run it down their throats all flippen day.
Nice avatar bro, Bonzo is my all time favorite drummer, nobody could play the pocket like John.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
SharkHawk":h95oqimc said:
Sure it was Ruskell's fault for giving them the opportunity, but no team had ever used it before because they all chose to act with integrity...

I think we should re-litigate this just for the nostalgia! :stirthepot:

The real villain in the poison pill business was, surprise, the league and the transparently corrupt ruling by its "special master" that allowed the deal to proceed in spite of it being clearly against the spirit of the rules as they existed at that time. That nonsensical decision, right on the heels of XL, was a clear reminder to us where our team sits in the NFL pecking order. You think that ruling goes against Jerry Jones? Think again.

As for Ruskell, he was just trying to pinch a few pennies. Pinching pennies allows you to get a *good* special teams player instead of a "marginal" one, and those little things add up when you're trying to win Super Bowls.

:stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

The Henderson hit? A classic example of "accidentally on-purpose".

:stirthepot: :snack: :twisted:

kearly

Reaction score
Wasn't it Mack Strong who shoved the player into Hasselbeck causing the injury? Something like that.

Yes, that game SUCKED. I was going to watch it at a friends house, but was an hour late. I still remember getting the phone call while I was driving there telling me how Hasselbeck was injured and it looked bad.