2 things I hate about our team

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
2 things I hate about our team
Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:54 am
  • 1. Our receivers are very haphazard about getting past the 1st down marker before turning to catch the ball and wind up short. Quality receivers like Largent, JJ or Brandon Stokely don't make mistakes like that.

2a. This has been mentioned before. Our receivers over the middle are hit almost as soon as they catch the ball so there is no YAC. (so if they aren't past the 1st marker we are 3 and out,,,,again.

2b. This also has been mentioned before. THEIR receivers catch the ball over the middle and have 5-7 yards free field to get up to speed before any of our defenders touch them. This has got to be addressed if we are ever to advance.

:141847_bnono:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Re: 2 things I hate about our team
Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:58 am
  • I would add the whole running backwards trying to breakoff a big gain instead of just making a decisive turn up field. That is what got Tate hurt in the final Preseason game and he, Leon and McCoy have been guilty of it in the regular season.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:58 am
  • The lack of YAC is a major issue. We used to KILL it in that area.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:24 am
  • no yards after catch because they are not getting any seperation... this was a problem in the pre season and has carried over. i would guess coaching needs to work on technique off the line and running routes better, sharper.

1) i would liek to add, this conservative play calling was fine first few games, time to open it up, on both sides of the ball, we have play makers on both sides, get them in situations to make plays...

2) stop having this play not to lose mentality and start stepping on necks when you get them down or the game is close.

3) play every down like your season depends on it, tired of players taking plays off, tate, giacomini, rice
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:27 am
  • The Radish wrote:1. Our receivers are very haphazard about getting past the 1st down marker before turning to catch the ball and wind up short. Quality receivers like Largent, JJ or Brandon Stokely don't make mistakes like that.

2a. This has been mentioned before. Our receivers over the middle are hit almost as soon as they catch the ball so there is no YAC. (so if they aren't past the 1st marker we are 3 and out,,,,again.

2b. This also has been mentioned before. THEIR receivers catch the ball over the middle and have 5-7 yards free field to get up to speed before any of our defenders touch them. This has got to be addressed if we are ever to advance.

I approve this message.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:29 am
  • The Radish wrote:1. Our receivers are very haphazard about getting past the 1st down marker before turning to catch the ball and wind up short. Quality receivers like Jerry Rice, Steve Largent, JJ or Brandon Stokely don't make mistakes like that.

Last edited by -The Glove- on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:37 am
  • Rice rarely stays on his feet long enough to get YAC when he catches the ball...
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:05 am
  • @ glove hahaha.......good one.
    captSE
    NET Starter

Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:13 am
  • The Radish wrote:Quality receivers like Largent, JJ or Brandon Stokely don't make mistakes like that.

So you're saying we need to sign Jordan Shipley.
    Hawkadeus
    NET Rookie

Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:24 pm
  • 2 words....

ZONE DEFENSE

Wish I could have made the letters larger.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:37 pm
  • I was expecting this thread to say our 3rd down defense and red zone offense...

Seriously, is there a worst combo of weaknesses out there?
    SeahawkDreadlocks
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:45 pm
  • The Radish wrote:1. Our receivers are very haphazard about getting past the 1st down marker before turning to catch the ball and wind up short. Quality receivers like Largent, JJ or Brandon Stokely don't make mistakes like that.

A lot of this has to do with poor down field blocking by our receivers and tight ends. Detroit on the other hand had excellent down field blocking and that was a huge factor in them winning the game.

It's not so much the dink and dunk that was killing us, it was the opponents ability to prevent tacklers from getting a clean shot at the receiver.

Down field blocking, one of the most under rated abilities in this game. Tate, learn how to do it damnit! You are terrible at that right now.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:53 pm
  • Which is kind of weird about the wr blocking aspect because last year, one thing that Rice did impress me with was his blocking. I haven't seen that this year from him.
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:08 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:2 words....

ZONE DEFENSE

Wish I could have made the letters larger.

You forgot a couple of words Rob.

TWO DEEP ZONE DEFENSE,,,,,prevents you from winning.

:roll:
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:13 pm
  • I want to see the WR screen removed from the playbook ...

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???
    Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:16 pm

That's the risk of playing press coverage in man.

Right now we're 10th in pass efficiency defense and teams are throwing the ball on us 64% of the time(5th highest in the NFL). I think we should chalk up some of the struggles we had to the quality of QB's we've played so far, and the number of times the ball gets thrown on us. All in all, the pass D has been pretty good. Not elite, but good.
    CrimsonWazzu
    NET Starter

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:16 pm
  • So what you are really saying Radish is you hate the receiving corps for performing at a poor level, and the defense for giving up the easy yardage. ;)

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:18 pm
  • Bakergirl wrote:So what you are really saying Radish is you hate the receiving corps for performing at a poor level, and the defense for giving up the easy yardage. ;)

Damn! looking back I guess it does say that. lol

:les:
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:23 pm
  • 1. Time management near the ending the first half
    2. Play calling at the ending of the first half
    bellyfat
    NET Starter

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:41 pm
  • Why on earth did we ever let Brandon Stokely go. Looking really stupid right now.
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:46 pm
  • Chukarhawk wrote:Why on earth did we ever let Brandon Stokely go. Looking really stupid right now.

My feelings exactly. The Seahawks are on a "youth" movement and thought Stokely was about finished.

Yeah, he looks about finished in Denver where Manning knows a go to guy when he sees one. He makes me think of a smaller Jurivicious, "see the ball, catch the ball".

The Radish
    * NET Radish *

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information