Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Finally Competitive
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:58 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4214
I know there is a lot of hand wringing and angst about the recent 2 game slide and 4-4 start. We have been inconsistent (as most near .500 teams are) but one thing that has improved from the last few years is the teams competitive balance on the road and in loss.

The first couple Carroll era years were dotted with blowout losses, both home and on the road. However, aswe look at this season, all four losses have come down to the last drive, all within one score. Our big wins over signature teams have also been tight, hard fought competitive games.

This is new to Carrolls Seahawks and something I believe signals the true direction of the team. Carroll recently came out and said the team was "so close to 8-0" . Its been inconsistency from younger players that have attributed to those losses. But the lessons learned hopefully can help us. To turning those into wins in the second half and into next season.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally Competitive
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:05 am 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:34 am
Posts: 96
I agree completely, we look poised for a great stretch of winning seasons. A little more maturity and development, some more experience and confidence...and we are there I think. I think we really start to kick it into gear- consistently- in the next 10-20 games. And then we'll be there as long as we can retain, restock, and reload talent.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally Competitive
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:05 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
Posts: 1424
Location: Bellevue
what i would give to be 8-0..


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally Competitive
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:08 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17586
Location: The beautiful PNW
Pstark3 wrote:
what i would give to be 8-0..


Next year, with an improved offense and holes patched on defense, you might not have to say that. This team is indeed about four plays from 8-0, as weird as that sounds.

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally Competitive
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:18 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
Posts: 1424
Location: Bellevue
Seahawk Sailor wrote:
Pstark3 wrote:
what i would give to be 8-0..


Next year, with an improved offense and holes patched on defense, you might not have to say that. This team is indeed about four plays from 8-0, as weird as that sounds.

If were 4 plays from being 8-0, then why couldnt we also be contenders this year? Put us up against any team in the playoffs and I think it would come down to the last drive


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally Competitive
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:11 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm
Posts: 2360
Just as the Offense seems to be coming around, the 'D' play appears to be sagging just a bit. Not really with the underneath stuff as that has been a problem from the beginning, but with giving up TD's and uncharacteristic blown coverage on big plays. I'm counting on home games and the bye week to bail us out and get us back on track.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally Competitive
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:37 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
Posts: 1424
Location: Bellevue
HawKnPeppa wrote:
Just as the Offense seems to be coming around, the 'D' play appears to be sagging just a bit. Not really with the underneath stuff as that has been a problem from the beginning, but with giving up TD's and uncharacteristic blown coverage on big plays. I'm counting on home games and the bye week to bail us out and get us back on track.

Well at least now we know both our Offense and defense are more than capable of being great. Now we need to have them both be great consistantly. If we do that, who can stop us?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally Competitive
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:38 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:30 pm
Posts: 323
Uncle Si wrote:
I know there is a lot of hand wringing and angst about the recent 2 game slide and 4-4 start. We have been inconsistent (as most near .500 teams are) but one thing that has improved from the last few years is the teams competitive balance on the road and in loss.

The first couple Carroll era years were dotted with blowout losses, both home and on the road. However, aswe look at this season, all four losses have come down to the last drive, all within one score. Our big wins over signature teams have also been tight, hard fought competitive games.

This is new to Carrolls Seahawks and something I believe signals the true direction of the team. Carroll recently came out and said the team was "so close to 8-0" . Its been inconsistency from younger players that have attributed to those losses. But the lessons learned hopefully can help us. To turning those into wins in the second half and into next season.


This is true. However I get tired of hearing that 'so close to 8-0' argument. This team is equally as close to being 1-7.

The record of 4-4 right now is an accurate portrayal of what they deserve.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally Competitive
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:06 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:17 am
Posts: 2231
Location: St George, UT
"The record of 4-4 right now is an accurate portrayal of what they deserve."

Well, what "we" deserve is an undefeated season followed by a Super Bowl win :roll:

_________________
Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally Competitive
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:32 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:07 am
Posts: 3486
Location: Spokane, Wa
against Pittsburgh.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally Competitive
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:42 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:30 pm
Posts: 113
grizbob wrote:
"The record of 4-4 right now is an accurate portrayal of what they deserve."

Well, what "we" deserve is an undefeated season followed by a Super Bowl win :roll:


I think we deserved a Super Bowl win with the 2005 team, not with this one. Maybe I'm being too greedy, but I'd rather be a dominant team and win the Super Bowl than a #6 seed that benefits from lousy officiating. The celebration after a disputed win is not nearly as satisfying (i.e. Green Bay game)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally Competitive
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:12 am 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14122
Location: Portland, OR
usc17hawk wrote:
grizbob wrote:
"The record of 4-4 right now is an accurate portrayal of what they deserve."

Well, what "we" deserve is an undefeated season followed by a Super Bowl win :roll:


I think we deserved a Super Bowl win with the 2005 team, not with this one. Maybe I'm being too greedy, but I'd rather be a dominant team and win the Super Bowl than a #6 seed that benefits from lousy officiating. The celebration after a disputed win is not nearly as satisfying (i.e. Green Bay game)


There is no dispute about the Green Bay game. We won it and have moved on to the rest of the season. (As has GB, I'm guessing.)

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally Competitive
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:23 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:30 pm
Posts: 113
Sarlacc83 wrote:
usc17hawk wrote:
grizbob wrote:
"The record of 4-4 right now is an accurate portrayal of what they deserve."

Well, what "we" deserve is an undefeated season followed by a Super Bowl win :roll:


I think we deserved a Super Bowl win with the 2005 team, not with this one. Maybe I'm being too greedy, but I'd rather be a dominant team and win the Super Bowl than a #6 seed that benefits from lousy officiating. The celebration after a disputed win is not nearly as satisfying (i.e. Green Bay game)


There is no dispute about the Green Bay game. We won it and have moved on to the rest of the season. (As has GB, I'm guessing.)


In the same way that Pittsburgh has moved on from Super Bowl XL?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally Competitive
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:28 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6410
usc17hawk wrote:
Sarlacc83 wrote:
usc17hawk wrote:
[quote="grizbob"]"The record of 4-4 right now is an accurate portrayal of what they deserve."

Well, what "we" deserve is an undefeated season followed by a Super Bowl win :roll:


I think we deserved a Super Bowl win with the 2005 team, not with this one. Maybe I'm being too greedy, but I'd rather be a dominant team and win the Super Bowl than a #6 seed that benefits from lousy officiating. The celebration after a disputed win is not nearly as satisfying (i.e. Green Bay game)


There is no dispute about the Green Bay game. We won it and have moved on to the rest of the season. (As has GB, I'm guessing.)


In the same way that Pittsburgh has moved on from Super Bowl XL?[/quote]
You think they're losing any sleep over what we think?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally Competitive
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:42 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:09 pm
Posts: 836
Location: Puyallup, WA
The closer we get, the more impatient I get. So close you can taste it. If we just fix this, that and the other we are there syndrome. The direction is good, the type of team most wanted is being created, it's the waiting for it all to come together part that is hard sometimes. Rebuilds are tough to go through as a fan.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 707HAWKfan, 86Hawk, AbsolutNET, ASuperForce, AVL, balko56, Barthawk, BeaHUman, benthebeerman, Blitzer88, blue 22, bmorepunk, Brahn, brodad, bryantology79, CANHawk, Chrome_Seahawk, Cinque52, CitrusHawk, Crabhawk, DavidSeven, Deterrence, drdiags, drrew, DynoHawk, EverydayImRusselin, Evil_Shenanigans, falcongoggles, FearTheBeak, fridayfrenzy, G-Money, Geologic, GoHawks, Goodwin Seahawk, Google [Bot], Greenhell, grizbob, Hasselbeck, Hawkfan77, hawknation2014, Hawknballs, heffmanhere, HuskyHawk, IcedHawk, IndyHawk, Jase, JZ#1, KARAVARUS, Largent80, LusciousJames, MadSweeney, ManBunts, Marvin49, MexHawk, MichaelHawk70, Missing_Clink, Natethegreat, oldhawkfan, Our Man in Chicago, PhillySeahawk, razgriz737, Recon_Hawk, rj503, RobBaker7714409, Rob_Grimm, Rocket, RockHawk, RolandDeschain, RynoHawk, SacHawk2.0, salukihawk12, Sarlacc83, Seahawks4life, seahawksny, SHOCKER315, Snakeeyes007, SNDavidson, SnowMan, SPOHAWK, Terpdragon, theascension, TheHawkster, TheRealDTM, therealjohncarlson, Throwdown, tjgamer555, tom95, TorontoHawk, Trenchbroom, TriCHawk, TruHammer07, Tune, twisted_steel2, TXHawk, UK_Seahawk, valleyflyfisher, VancitySeahawk, Vpk0718, Wilson2Harvin, wyliecat, Yahoo [Bot], ZagHawk, Zebulon Dak and 377 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.