Teams interested in trading for Braylon? Huh?!

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
From NFL.com's Ian Rapoport:

I mentioned on Sunday morning that teams are interested in Seahawks receiver Braylon Edwards, and it does make sense if Seattle would be willing to deal the veteran. He's helping the Seahawks in just a marginal way (eight catches for 74 yards and a touchdown), he could adapt to any system and Seattle could gain some value. A trade might not be a bad idea.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... oys-do-not

I can't see how Edwards would fetch the Hawks much in a trade. And given their already perilous situationat wr, why would they ditch Edwards for a late round pick?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
This is all kinds of a bad idea for us. We are scrambling to get NFL caliber WRs on the field as it is...

He's not a game breaker, but he's made some plays for us. I'd rather see him get healthy and get back out for us.

getnasty

Reaction score
He has 8 catches on the year, if we can get anything for him, lets do it. Then try to go get Bowe for the rest of the year.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
getnasty":397kf7ix said:
He has 8 catches on the year, if we can get anything for him, lets do it. Then try to go get Bowe for the rest of the year.

Ugghh....and Bowe will learn the offense by about this time next year.

Won't help.

getnasty

Reaction score
Come on Bowe's a pro and it's not the QB position he'd pick it up pretty quick. If we could get him for a 3rd i'd pull the trigger. Even if it means he walks after this year.

suppaball

Reaction score
If we make a move for Bowe it should be at the end of the year. That said I wouldn't bitch if we got him now, in like a BE and a 3ed for Bowe.

Sac

Reaction score
Send Braylon and Flynn to KC for Bowe. Then send a bag of peanuts to Buffalo to get T-Jack back.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Waay too pricey!

Bowe straight up for a 4th and no more. Even then he's a rental unless he significantly improves his craft as a WR. He needs to catch better, study harder, be more physical, and prove he can stay in shape, otherwise it's a waste of draft pick.

Frankly I'd rather find someone more hungry.

OP
OP
H

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
Yes, no to Bowe, unless its cheap. Did you hear the guy from KC on 710 today? Yuck. No thanks.

getnasty

Reaction score
Bowe would make our passing game alot better, plus image Sydney going against the #2 corner instead of #1's. We have a legit shot at doing something this year. Think of the one weak spot we have right now? It isn't the D, It isn't the running game, and it isn't ST's. Bowe is on pace for 1000's yards again and has had 1000 yards in 4 out of the last 5 years. Oh yeah i think Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn, Tyler Palko, Kyle Orton oh and lets not forget the legend that is Tyler Thigpen have been his QB's. He's good real good, if he was anywhere other then KC he might be a top 5 guy.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
getnasty":3kl5xj8r said:
He's good real good, if he was anywhere other then KC he might be a top 5 guy.

Hummmmm....don't you think that you're spreading the frosting on this "cake" pretty thick?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Bowe only if he's dirt cheap, a 6th rounder. He can walk at the end of the year and some idiotic team will pay him a fortune (Jerry Jones). Upside, he will need to prove that he is worth stupid money so plus for us, but again, only for a 6th...maybe a 5th since that's what we got for Josh Wilson. And yes, I was wrong about the Josh Wilson trade.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Bowe is likely not to be traded due to the fact that it's difficult for WRs to learn offenses in such a short period of time. They rarely work out because it's a position predicated on rapport.

Latest posts