Teams interested in trading for Braylon? Huh?!

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • From NFL.com's Ian Rapoport:

I mentioned on Sunday morning that teams are interested in Seahawks receiver Braylon Edwards, and it does make sense if Seattle would be willing to deal the veteran. He's helping the Seahawks in just a marginal way (eight catches for 74 yards and a touchdown), he could adapt to any system and Seattle could gain some value. A trade might not be a bad idea.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... oys-do-not

I can't see how Edwards would fetch the Hawks much in a trade. And given their already perilous situationat wr, why would they ditch Edwards for a late round pick?
    Last edited by Hawkadeus on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Hawkadeus
    NET Rookie

• This is all kinds of a bad idea for us. We are scrambling to get NFL caliber WRs on the field as it is...

He's not a game breaker, but he's made some plays for us. I'd rather see him get healthy and get back out for us.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• He has 8 catches on the year, if we can get anything for him, lets do it. Then try to go get Bowe for the rest of the year.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:He has 8 catches on the year, if we can get anything for him, lets do it. Then try to go get Bowe for the rest of the year.

Ugghh....and Bowe will learn the offense by about this time next year.

Won't help.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Come on Bowe's a pro and it's not the QB position he'd pick it up pretty quick. If we could get him for a 3rd i'd pull the trigger. Even if it means he walks after this year.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• If we make a move for Bowe it should be at the end of the year. That said I wouldn't bitch if we got him now, in like a BE and a 3ed for Bowe.
    "Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.
    suppaball
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• What teams are intrested anyhew?
    "Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.
    suppaball
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Send Braylon and Flynn to KC for Bowe. Then send a bag of peanuts to Buffalo to get T-Jack back.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• Waay too pricey!

Bowe straight up for a 4th and no more. Even then he's a rental unless he significantly improves his craft as a WR. He needs to catch better, study harder, be more physical, and prove he can stay in shape, otherwise it's a waste of draft pick.

Frankly I'd rather find someone more hungry.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Yes, no to Bowe, unless its cheap. Did you hear the guy from KC on 710 today? Yuck. No thanks.
    Hawkadeus
    NET Rookie

• Bowe would make our passing game alot better, plus image Sydney going against the #2 corner instead of #1's. We have a legit shot at doing something this year. Think of the one weak spot we have right now? It isn't the D, It isn't the running game, and it isn't ST's. Bowe is on pace for 1000's yards again and has had 1000 yards in 4 out of the last 5 years. Oh yeah i think Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn, Tyler Palko, Kyle Orton oh and lets not forget the legend that is Tyler Thigpen have been his QB's. He's good real good, if he was anywhere other then KC he might be a top 5 guy.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:
    He's good real good, if he was anywhere other then KC he might be a top 5 guy.

Hummmmm....don't you think that you're spreading the frosting on this "cake" pretty thick?
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Bowe only if he's dirt cheap, a 6th rounder. He can walk at the end of the year and some idiotic team will pay him a fortune (Jerry Jones). Upside, he will need to prove that he is worth stupid money so plus for us, but again, only for a 6th...maybe a 5th since that's what we got for Josh Wilson. And yes, I was wrong about the Josh Wilson trade.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Bowe is likely not to be traded due to the fact that it's difficult for WRs to learn offenses in such a short period of time. They rarely work out because it's a position predicated on rapport.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:12 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information