Im tuned into AZ Sports 620

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Im tuned into AZ Sports 620
Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:09 pm
  • and after the Cardinals get lit up at home on MONDAY NIGHT by san fran all they have to talk about is the interview with Pete on 710 about how he said "We could be 8-0." I think they have bigger issues to focus on!!!

    Is the rest of this division really worried about us or what? Just thought I would see what .net has to say on how other teams in our Div. really feel.
    TLD0550
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 345
    Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:50 pm


Re: Im tuned into AZ Sports 620
Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:19 pm
  • That's just bizarre - they won that game fair and square, but how can they deny that we were a couple of Doug Baldwin teeth from winning that game.
    User avatar
    Chrome_Seahawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 496
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:24 am


Re: Im tuned into AZ Sports 620
Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:21 pm
  • "Hey Arizona! See ya in Seattle!"
    Image

    Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 8284
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 6 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Im tuned into AZ Sports 620
Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:22 pm
  • Chrome_Seahawk wrote:That's just bizarre - they won that game fair and square, but how can they deny that we were a couple of Doug Baldwin teeth from winning that game.


    Yeah I don't know how they forget we had a 1st and Goal at the end of the game and came within inches of winning a couple times.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11901
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: Im tuned into AZ Sports 620
Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:24 pm
  • Not really that game just our 4 losses in general and the fact that pete makes the 8-0 remark, but who cares when you have dropped 4 straight I think they need to be concerned with themselves ?
    TLD0550
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 345
    Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:50 pm


Re: Im tuned into AZ Sports 620
Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:25 pm
  • Crazy Cardinal fans...I heard Pete say that, and it's not like he was saying that we should be 8-0, only that we have been so close in all our games that with a few plays here and there, we would be 8-0. It was more a declaration of how close he believes this team is to becoming one of the best in the league.

    What he said is the truth. We have played well enough in every single game that a play or two here or there could easily have turned the tide in each loss to our favor.

    Of course the opposite is true....a play here and there and we could be 2-6 as well, but that's not the point. He thinks we are on the cusp of good things. I tend to agree with that. We just need some tweaking
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14589
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Im tuned into AZ Sports 620
Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:30 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:Crazy Cardinal fans...I heard Pete say that, and it's not like he was saying that we should be 8-0, only that we have been so close in all our games that with a few plays here and there, we would be 8-0. It was more a declaration of how close he believes this team is to becoming one of the best in the league.

    What he said is the truth. We have played well enough in every single game that a play or two here or there could easily have turned the tide in each loss to our favor.

    Of course the opposite is true....a play here and there and we could be 2-6 as well, but that's not the point. He thinks we are on the cusp of good things. I tend to agree with that. We just need some tweaking

    Oh really I need listen to it.. The spin they had on it was a little different lol always two side to a story,Ill check out the interview..
    TLD0550
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 345
    Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:50 pm


Re: Im tuned into AZ Sports 620
Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:46 pm
  • TLD0550 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:Crazy Cardinal fans...I heard Pete say that, and it's not like he was saying that we should be 8-0, only that we have been so close in all our games that with a few plays here and there, we would be 8-0. It was more a declaration of how close he believes this team is to becoming one of the best in the league.

    What he said is the truth. We have played well enough in every single game that a play or two here or there could easily have turned the tide in each loss to our favor.

    Of course the opposite is true....a play here and there and we could be 2-6 as well, but that's not the point. He thinks we are on the cusp of good things. I tend to agree with that. We just need some tweaking

    Oh really I need listen to it.. The spin they had on it was a little different lol always two side to a story,Ill check out the interview..



    http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... oll%20Show

    Here's the podcast from his show on Monday. You can find the clip at about the 6:30 mark, but listen to the whole thing so you can get the full context. My quote was a little off. He said they could "Easily be 8-0" but what I said still lines up with my perception of how it went.
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14589
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Im tuned into AZ Sports 620
Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:55 pm
  • Cool thanks man Ill check it out after im done listening to them talk about Vick Lol
    TLD0550
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 345
    Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:50 pm


Re: Im tuned into AZ Sports 620
Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:00 pm
  • Does it matter what people on Cards forum really think? What does that have to do with Sunday's game against the Vikings?

    About Pete's comment of being 8-0. Sure they could have. They could have also been 0-8 too. They are 4-4 and that's the type of team they are. Records don't lie. An average team is an average team. Right now the Seahawks are an average team.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 4038
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Im tuned into AZ Sports 620
Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:33 pm
  • you know how reviled PC is by pretty much every other fan base. No one can stand him, so of course they are going to jump on him and dog him about something like that
    User avatar
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2542
    Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am


Re: Im tuned into AZ Sports 620
Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:37 pm
  • Funny they got blasted on Monday night yet they talk about us.. At least we been in every game. Sour grapes..
    redeye81
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1258
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
    Location: Boise


Re: Im tuned into AZ Sports 620
Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:46 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Does it matter what people on Cards forum really think? What does that have to do with Sunday's game against the Vikings?

    About Pete's comment of being 8-0. Sure they could have. They could have also been 0-8 too. They are 4-4 and that's the type of team they are. Records don't lie. An average team is an average team. Right now the Seahawks are an average team.

    It was on Az Sports radio not a fan forum Did you read the title?
    TLD0550
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 345
    Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:50 pm


Re: Im tuned into AZ Sports 620
Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:31 pm
  • redeye81 wrote:Funny they got blasted on Monday night yet they talk about us.. At least we been in every game. Sour grapes..

    yea no Sh*t
    TLD0550
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 345
    Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:50 pm


Re: Im tuned into AZ Sports 620
Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:21 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Does it matter what people on Cards forum really think? What does that have to do with Sunday's game against the Vikings?

    About Pete's comment of being 8-0. Sure they could have. They could have also been 0-8 too. They are 4-4 and that's the type of team they are. Records don't lie. An average team is an average team. Right now the Seahawks are an average team.

    No, we could have easily been 1-7, but we blew out Dallas. No way we lose that one on a couple plays here or there.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

    R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    User avatar
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4866
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm


Re: Im tuned into AZ Sports 620
Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:36 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Does it matter what people on Cards forum really think? What does that have to do with Sunday's game against the Vikings?

    About Pete's comment of being 8-0. Sure they could have. They could have also been 0-8 too. They are 4-4 and that's the type of team they are. Records don't lie. An average team is an average team. Right now the Seahawks are an average team.


    Average teams don't beat GB, NE, Dallas. An average team gets beat with all of these teams that have elite QBs and travel well on the road. We are not an average team, we are a young team that are making some mental mistakes that can be fixed. Yes our record does not show it but I have seen how Seahawks played between different years, we are above average for sure.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 643
    Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:15 pm


Re: Im tuned into AZ Sports 620
Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:11 pm
  • Pessimistic people despise optimistic people..Pete is not the most loved coach because negative people think he's a phony or disingenuous.
    Image

    "We all we got, we all we need"
    User avatar
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1495
    Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm


Re: Im tuned into AZ Sports 620
Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:10 am
  • seahawks08 wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:Does it matter what people on Cards forum really think? What does that have to do with Sunday's game against the Vikings?

    About Pete's comment of being 8-0. Sure they could have. They could have also been 0-8 too. They are 4-4 and that's the type of team they are. Records don't lie. An average team is an average team. Right now the Seahawks are an average team.


    Average teams don't beat GB, NE, Dallas. An average team gets beat with all of these teams that have elite QBs and travel well on the road. We are not an average team, we are a young team that are making some mental mistakes that can be fixed. Yes our record does not show it but I have seen how Seahawks played between different years, we are above average for sure.


    This team gives me good reason for optimism, but I have to give a nod to those who make the objective observation of 'average' as well. This team's inconsistency (or whatever else plagues them) has produced 'average' results so far. Not surprising at this juncture, but it is what it is. I can also acknowledge the 'up-and-coming' argument, but until consistently 'above average' play is maintained, this team is 'average' as a whole.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

    Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2778
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


Re: Im tuned into AZ Sports 620
Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:39 am
  • One less fieldgoal instead of a touchdown early on, in each of those games ... we could be 8-0.

    or 7-1 atleast, were close enough to kick one on the last drives to win.
    User avatar
    Uffda
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 718
    Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:13 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: Im tuned into AZ Sports 620
Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:17 am
  • Uffda wrote:One less fieldgoal instead of a touchdown early on, in each of those games ... we could be 8-0.

    or 7-1 atleast, were close enough to kick one on the last drives to win.

    How about striving for not having to worry about the last drive. :th2thumbs:
    Fanatics
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 99
    Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:21 am




It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:44 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online