Sidney Rice Drop

The Radish

Reaction score
I don't think anyone's at fault here, it was a bang bang play that missed connecting by maybe an inch
You're going to see that happen in any game between any QB or wideout. It might come as a shock to some here but throwing a football is NOT an exact science. You put the ball up there where you thing the receiver can get it. And/or the receiver goes to where he thinks the QB will throw it.

Blaming either player for a play that missed by an inch is sheer dumbassedness.

:141847_bnono:

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
If Rice makes that catch then we'd know he used stickum.

Saying he should have made that catch is like saying Willie Mays "should" have made that catch and throw. Sure Mays DID it, but that's why it's one of the amazing plays of all time.

streets24

Reaction score
Again I was in tht endzone seating and he just lunged too soon bu for our defense not blitz or get to stafford was why we lost. Looked like holgren coaching. The drunk idiot next to me says like the new jersey but can you please let us win lol. I said if stafford keeps dinking and dunking in the middle you will have you wish. Look wht happened. I was pissed we didn't finish like we started again. Like in sf.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Just saw it on nfl replay. More on Rice than Wilson. Man, Rice MUST make those plays. Damn game changer there...

edogg23

Reaction score
The Radish":2xv5y6a7 said:
I don't think anyone's at fault here, it was a bang bang play that missed connecting by maybe an inch
You're going to see that happen in any game between any QB or wideout. It might come as a shock to some here but throwing a football is NOT an exact science. You put the ball up there where you thing the receiver can get it. And/or the receiver goes to where he thinks the QB will throw it.

Blaming either player for a play that missed by an inch is sheer dumbassedness.

:141847_bnono:
Couldn't agree more! It was a very near connection on a low percentage play.
Can't blame either of them.

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
The title to this thread is unfortunate. Because that was not a drop. It was a catchable ball that Rice should've made a play on. Rice himself said as much. Sadly this thread title only leads to ridiculous posts from patented Wilson haters of the board.

Serious, Salish. Comparing that catch to Willie Mays? Get real. Rice, along with most starting wr's in the league, make that catch at least half of the time.

And as for Hasselbeck calling it overthrown. WOW DUDE. Do you have any idea how much a caricature you have become? I don't think you have any idea just how many eye rolls your Wilson posts elicit from the members of this site. Really dude. Youre going to pull something with so much stretching, trying to prove yourself right all the time. Give it up.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Sidney Rice did not run the route completely, I believe he stopped and then went through again after waiving his hand if I am right, what the commentators said was if he had continued, he would have got the ball exactly where RW put it and with enough separation from the defender. It was a well thrown ball.

OP
OP
lukerguy

lukerguy

Reaction score
Hawkadeus":1xfg08ek said:
The title to this thread is unfortunate. Because that was not a drop. It was a catchable ball that Rice should've made a play on. Rice himself said as much. Sadly this thread title only leads to ridiculous posts from patented Wilson haters of the board.

Serious, Salish. Comparing that catch to Willie Mays? Get real. Rice, along with most starting wr's in the league, make that catch at least half of the time.

And as for Hasselbeck calling it overthrown. WOW DUDE. Do you have any idea how much a caricature you have become? I don't think you have any idea just how many eye rolls your Wilson posts elicit from the members of this site. Really dude. Youre going to pull something with so much stretching, trying to prove yourself right all the time. Give it up.

If you read the initial post you would know that the entire reason for the thread was so that I could actually see the video for the first time. Other posts referenced it as a missed opportunity or a drop. I can change the thread to "Sidney Rice missed opportunity" but I feel that would be more ambiguous and misleading..Or "Sidney Rice's almost really nice catch"...

Anyways, back to the point....does anyone have a video link or GIF of this play?

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
I am not blaming either one on the play. Was a tough catch but watching Rewind Rice does get his right hand completely underneath the ball but his arm was completely outstretched. would have taken a lot of body control running full speed to bring it in. Nice seeing an offense that can make explosive quick strike plays. Offense is doing a lot better despite would people think about the 49ers game.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1zmwbei2 said:
Wilson overthrew it. The fact Rice still nearly came up with the catch is pretty impressive.

That would have been a game changing play too.

U say that so matter of fact like. I'm not convinced. I'm in the sight-adjusment-error crowd. Sidney himself said that was a catch he normally makes and should have had. He had plenty of reserve speed to get underneath that pass, but simply misjudged. How's that for a matter-of-fact tone? :th2thumbs:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The same Rice who caught the winning TD. He's by far our best WR. It looked like he slowed up just a tad. However, that ball could have a little more arc on it as well. They BOTH contributed to that miss imo.