Tuinei

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Tuinei
Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:58 pm
  • "The man above works in mysterious ways! God is Good #Blessed #Thankful #Ready" - @LavasierTuinei

This means one of three things considering the new WR situation:

1. He was signed to the practice squad and Kearse was signed to the roster.'

2. He was signed to the roster.

3. It is irrelevant and means nothing.

Let the rumors begin
    Superbowl.
    NJHawksFan
    NET Practice Squad

Re: Tuinei
Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:37 pm
  • He is playing for the Montreal Alouettes in the CFL...could mean anything
    arghawkfan
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:40 pm
  • You forgot:

4.) It is a sad state of affairs that the Hawks give two sh*ts about what Lavasier Tuinei is doing at this point in his development.
    Formerly known as Seahawk425.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:46 pm
  • Our receiving group is a beat up mess right now. According to Carroll they are keeping an eye on the situation and haven't ruled out making a move for a wide receiver. They didn't have any details during his presser about the conditions of Obo, Edwards, and they would likely not know anything until later in the week. Baldwin is almost guaranteed not to play this week, so that leaves us with 3 WR on the roster. We need AT least one more to go into this week without any depth. I'd say with the status on Edwards knee being unknown, we almost have to make some kind of move, but who do we release? None of the receivers are hurt bad enough to IR them.
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:52 pm
  • Sign Deon Butler and Mike Williams if they are healthy and in somewhere near game shape. PLEASE! I'm sure Deon's in shape, and he knows the playbook extremely well.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:14 pm
  • Deon Butler wasn't effective in several years here - if you're looking for a wideout, I don't understand what makes anyone think he'd be better than what we have. And if Williams couldn't beat out Braylon Edwards, I would say the same about him.

Unless we actually do trade for Bowe, which I might favor (depending on the cost), I think wideout is going to have to wait for free agency and the draft.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:20 pm
  • jkitsune wrote:Deon Butler wasn't effective in several years here - if you're looking for a wideout, I don't understand what makes anyone think he'd be better than what we have. And if Williams couldn't beat out Braylon Edwards, I would say the same about him.

Unless we actually do trade for Bowe, which I might favor (depending on the cost), I think wideout is going to have to wait for free agency and the draft.

He's a place filler. We have 3 injured receivers who likely won't play this week. We had Turbin playing WR last game. I am not saying Deon Butler is going to go catch 15 balls and 5 TD's. I'm saying we are short on roster players to even play the position in a game that takes place in 6 days. Who makes more sense to bring in? A guy that knows the playbook and can run the routes, or some rookie? Or keep feeding the ball to Charly Martin, who has been in the league as long as Butler and done even less? Well Martin will be starting for us come Sunday and I'd feel better knowing he isn't our only healthy WR. Wouldn't you? So who is your choice? We can't talk college players obviously, so we are stuck with who's available on the waiver wire unless we make a trade, and the only player available is supposedly Bowe, but he doesn't know our offense and the Chiefs want at least 1 first rounder AND players for him. That's ridiculous.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:45 pm
  • Is our WR corps more depleted this week than it was last week? I genuinely didn't realize it would be any different. If so, I see your point.

That said, I would just as soon see them line Heath Miller up at wideout in those situations, as he's likely a more dangerous receiver than whatever scrub we sign off the PS.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:49 pm
  • jkitsune wrote:Deon Butler wasn't effective in several years here - if you're looking for a wideout, I don't understand what makes anyone think he'd be better than what we have. And if Williams couldn't beat out Braylon Edwards, I would say the same about him.

Unless we actually do trade for Bowe, which I might favor
    (depending on the cost), I think wideout is going to have to wait for free agency and the draft.

Good God no! His contract is up this year and who know's what he will demand on the open market, plus what we would have to give up to get him. Then put him in an offense he doesn't know half way through the season? We don't need Deon Branch the 2nd.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:52 pm
  • jkitsune wrote:Is our WR corps more depleted this week than it was last week? I genuinely didn't realize it would be any different. If so, I see your point.

That said, I would just as soon see them line Heath Miller up at wideout in those situations, as he's likely a more dangerous receiver than whatever scrub we sign off the PS.

Yes it is more depleted. Now Obo is hurt as well and likely will be out, Edwards is hurt and likely out since he can't move his knee despite a draining procedure on Saturday, Baldwin is out yet again, and then we have injuries to Turbin and Lynch to deal with as well. We're very VERY thin on offense. Right now we're looking at Sidney Rice and Charly Martin as our only true WR's that are available as of right now.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:00 pm
  • Butler is no scrub. Despite the size difference, I would give Edwards' spot to him in a second and do so permanently. No to Bowe. Too much money and we can do as well, for less money, in the draft. Big Mike is likely frikin HUGE Mike about now. Owens would probably be a better option and I can't believe I just said that.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:40 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:
    jkitsune wrote:Is our WR corps more depleted this week than it was last week? I genuinely didn't realize it would be any different. If so, I see your point.

Yes it is more depleted. Now Obo is hurt as well and likely will be out, Edwards is hurt and likely out since he can't move his knee despite a draining procedure on Saturday, Baldwin is out yet again, and then we have injuries to Turbin and Lynch to deal with as well. We're very VERY thin on offense. Right now we're looking at Sidney Rice and Charly Martin as our only true WR's that are available as of right now.

Oh really? I didn't realize. Well in that case, I could get behind giving Butler a shot.

I don't see what the opposition to Bowe is based on, unless it's cost of the trade. I would imagine a trade would be predicated upon a new contract, as many trades are, and that we would not risk being unable to sign him if we're going to trade anything worthwhile. And Branch and Bowe are nothing, NOTHING alike. Branch was a good but not great receiver who won Super Bowl MVP on an incredible Patriots team and, like Jeff Weaver, translated strong postseason performance and a mediocre season into an overwhelming contract for some naive team who has never heard of 'small sample sizes' and 'error bars.'

Bowe, on the other hand, has had several legitimately stellar years for a bad KC offense over a long period of time. For a team that is desperate for a playmaker of Bowe's caliber, I don't see how you can afford to be diametrically opposed to the idea. There's no guarantee you can 'do better' in the draft.

Maybe the asking price is too high, or Bowe's contract demands are too high. I wouldn't move heaven and Earth for him this year. But if this is a guy tha twill be on your team for the next 4 years, he could transform a struggling Seahawks offense.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:13 pm
  • Bowe is playing under the franchise tag, so I'm pretty sure a new deal can't be negotiated until the offseason. So you'd be trading a pick for a rental with no guarantees beyond that. Given that, I don't see a team giving up a pick higher than the conditional pick KC can get when he walks.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:03 pm
  • I'd love to line up Heath Miller on the outside, if we had him.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:02 pm
  • Deon knows the system. We should bring him back in.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:33 pm
  • I vote Butler , then T.O then Chad Johnson then id vote Bowe.

But Butler above all!
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:57 am
  • No thanks on Chad.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 am
  • SharkHawk wrote:Sign Deon Butler and Mike Williams if they are healthy and in somewhere near game shape. PLEASE! I'm sure Deon's in shape, and he knows the playbook extremely well.

Mike WIlliams? Lol....he is awful.....why would you want him back?
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 am
  • So who would have thought halfway through the season that we'd have a ton of WR injuries and the healthy guy would be RICE?

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:36 am
  • i say give martin some looks, he impressed me in the pre season , made some very tough catches.. he has that stokley, welker toughness over the middle about him.. i like him, plus you know he's hungry to get some playing time, you know he'll be going balls out every play.....unlike the starters..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:06 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:So who would have thought halfway through the season that we'd have a ton of WR injuries and the healthy guy would be RICE?

The only truism in the NFL is: Everything you know is wrong.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:18 am
  • T.O.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:21 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:So who would have thought halfway through the season that we'd have a ton of WR injuries and the healthy guy would be RICE?

:o
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:48 am
  • Ricardo Lockette?

Wilson's ability to throw deep + Lockette's speed = superbowl :sarcasm_on:
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:57 am
  • SeahawksFanForever wrote:Ricardo Lockette?

He's a 49er.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:14 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    SeahawksFanForever wrote:Ricardo Lockette?

He's a 49er.

A 49er practice squader, though. Let's bring him back and watch him run in straight lines really fast!

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:15 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:
    SeahawksFanForever wrote:Ricardo Lockette?

He's a 49er.

A 49er practice squader, though. Let's bring him back and watch him run in straight lines really fast!

He is our all-time record holder for yards per catch - gotta be worth something!
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:41 am
  • Bowe is a great player, but there is no way the team can afford to pay him what he wants, as well as Rice and Miller. That would be ridiculous
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:25 am
  • Not to mention he wouldn't really help us this season. Bevell's offense seems like it takes awhile to really get comfortable in, let alone all the reps he would need to build with Wilson.
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:52 pm
  • Hmmmm.

LavasierTuinei ‏@LavasierTuinei
    Feels good to be back in Seattle! West West
    Hawkadeus
    NET Rookie

Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:43 am
  • HawkWow wrote:Butler is no scrub. Despite the size difference, I would give Edwards' spot to him in a second and do so permanently. No to Bowe. Too much money and we can do as well, for less money, in the draft. Big Mike is likely frikin HUGE Mike about now. Owens would probably be a better option and I can't believe I just said that.

Not going to lie i was thinking T.O. would be the best option.
    Kelly.Orr
    NET Starter

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:46 am
  • Tuinei, didn't he grab that one pass in preseason that Wilson threw away out of bounds ?

That was a good catch, that no one was expected to go up for.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:36 am
  • Twitter seems to indicate that Lavasier Tuinei will be signed to the PS.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:02 am
  • Tuienei isn't the fastest dude, but he's a tall target who caught basically everything thrown at him last year at Oregon. Will be interesting to see how this all shakes out, I want to like Kearse, but to me he seems like an Obamanu clone with a Seattle connection - I guess it makes sense to bring him up to replace Obamanu in that regard....but I really like the idea that Tuinei could become what we thought we would have in Mike Williams and Kris Durham.
    Chrome_Seahawk
    NET Starter

Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:08 am
  • T-Sizzle wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:Sign Deon Butler and Mike Williams if they are healthy and in somewhere near game shape. PLEASE! I'm sure Deon's in shape, and he knows the playbook extremely well.

Mike WIlliams? Lol....he is awful.....why would you want him back?

He may be awful but IMO, he's better than most of the current WRs on the roster. I'd take him over Martin, Edwards, Kearse, etc.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:29 pm
  • Seahawks.Com has it that he's on the PS now.
    * NET Staff *

Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:33 pm
  • So are both Tuinei and Bates on the PS? Would make sense given the team's wr situation.
    Hawkadeus
    NET Rookie

Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:34 pm
  • Yup multiple beat guys reporting Tuinei signed to the practice squad.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:39 pm
  • Makes sense since they don't have Edwards and Baldwin for 1st team reps and they just promoted one of their PS WRs. This way they have depth at WR for running scout team reps against the #1 defense.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:04 pm
  • Hawkadeus wrote:So are both Tuinei and Bates on the PS? Would make sense given the team's wr situation.

http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster.html
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:38 pm
  • Basis4day wrote:
    Hawkadeus wrote:So are both Tuinei and Bates on the PS? Would make sense given the team's wr situation.

http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster.html

Both are big physical 220 pound receivers that can block and play special teams. :th2thumbs: A strong statement as to the direction the offense is headed.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:05 pm
  • I really like Tuinei and think he could be special once he gets some playing time. The guy has great reach and there's just something about him that makes me think he could be a Pro Bowler. I don't think that Rose Bowl MVP was a fluke.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:49 pm
  • drdiags wrote:Makes sense since they don't have Edwards and Baldwin for 1st team reps and they just promoted one of their PS WRs. This way they have depth at WR for running scout team reps against the #1 defense.

Baldwin was Limited Participation in practice today, so that's a good sign.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:55 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information