If Arizona loses tonight we control our own destiny

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Seeker":20omyc1f said:
I'm not worried about getting into the playoffs, i'm just not seeing the point if we aren't sure who we are. Are we a NYG type team (in the making) that can suck but get into the playoffs and superbowl it? or are we a glad to be here one and done team. That new orleans game was thrilling and all, but minus the beast quake and i'd looooooove to have that pic right now for a big name receiver (the only missing ingrdient).

I wish I had an extra banning to play with.... :179419:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Seeker":3qefdaf4 said:
I'm not worried about getting into the playoffs, i'm just not seeing the point if we aren't sure who we are. Are we a NYG type team (in the making) that can suck but get into the playoffs and superbowl it? or are we a glad to be here one and done team. That new orleans game was thrilling and all, but minus the beast quake and i'd looooooove to have that pic right now for a big name receiver (the only missing ingrdient).
Still wishing we had tanked 2 DAMN YEARS AGO? You are embarrassing.

Rocket

Reaction score
I can't root for either one of them, cuz it's not clear.
Hate 'em. {censored} 'em both.

(that there is a Rule Aware Rocket right there)

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
bestfightstory":dy70h47j said:
Seeker":dy70h47j said:

I wish I had an extra banning to play with.... :179419:

:p

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I'm not saying root for anyone. That's totally up to each of you. I'm just saying these are the playoff facts. I left one thing off, however, that didn't occur to me until just now. Detroit. They are 3-4. So if they win on our bye week and stay tied with us, they hold the tiebreaker. So as of right now, no matter what happens to Az or SF, we don't quite yet control our own destiny until we pull ahead of Detroit.

The point of all this is that with so many jumping off ledges and what not, this season is not over by any means. I hear them on KJR saying 10-6 might not get it done. Well, yes, it actually WILL get it done. So long as we beat Minnie and Az along the way and Detroit doesn't finish 10-6 too.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
We don't need to worry abou AZ anymore. They are done. This MNF drubbing is making the The cards Turn into the Bramiefs.

80849er4life

Reaction score
Arizona is NOT winning tonight.....so you can get that out yo heads.....muuaaaahahaha!!! WHOS GOT IT BETTER THAN US?!!!! NOBODY!!!!!! 8)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
80849er4life":3hjolenu said:
Arizona is NOT winning tonight.....so you can get that out yo heads.....muuaaaahahaha!!! WHOS GOT IT BETTER THAN US?!!!! NOBODY!!!!!! 8)

Why are you guys always here when you win? But after you get your ass kicked by the Giants there's not a single 49er fan post on this board for a week?

Oh, and to answer your question: Atlanta, Chicago and Houston.

VaSfan4life

Reaction score
JSeahawks":18iw2my0 said:
80849er4life":18iw2my0 said:

Why are you guys always here when you win? But after you get your ass kicked by the Giants there's not a single 49er fan post on this board for a week?

thats a lie.. Dig it up please.. i dare you.. i Double Dog dare u please sir.. I was here after we lost tot he vikes and i was here after we got spanked by the G Men... but i have also been here after every win... i always say.. "Im here when we win and im here when we lose"..

5280Hawk

Reaction score
VaSfan4life":1o2uze1v said:
JSeahawks":1o2uze1v said:
80849er4life":1o2uze1v said:

thats a lie.. Dig it up please.. i dare you.. i Double Dog dare u please sir.. I was here after we lost tot he vikes and i was here after we got spanked by the G Men... but i have also been here after every win... i always say.. "Im here when we win and im here when we lose"..

And we are all so thankful for that! :pukeface:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
VaSfan4life":2kmqu1mx said:
JSeahawks":2kmqu1mx said:
80849er4life":2kmqu1mx said:

Ok, I take it back. Since you double dog dared me i looked at your post history. You did post after you lost to Minnesota, mostly to tell us that the TAte TD shouldnt have counted. And you did have 1 post between your loss to the Giants and playing us that thursday. I stand corrected. I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
JSeahawks":9wqw04mr said:
VaSfan4life":9wqw04mr said:
JSeahawks":9wqw04mr said:
80849er4life said:

Ok, I take it back. Since you double dog dared me i looked at your post history. You did post after you lost to Minnesota, mostly to tell us that the TAte TD shouldnt have counted. And you did have 1 post between your loss to the Giants and playing us that thursday. I stand corrected. I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part.

Yes but safe to say not nearly as active.

I wish they would just go bye bye.

HawkWow

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2tk4c38h said:
You can't ask for anything more than that of a playoff contender. If Arizona loses tonight and falls to 4-4, then the only two teams ahead of us for the Wildcard spot are Minnesota and Green Bay. We can't catch Green Bay without help, so we don't control whether we get the 5th seed, but the 6th seed will become ours to lose should SF beat Arizona tonight. Then it's in our own hands to beat Minnesota and Arizona, which would put us in the drivers seat for the 6th seed.

If Az wins tonight and we beat them later, we end up tied with them, but they may well hold a tiebreaker come season's end so that isn't good enough to control our own destiny. It does, however, leave us a slim shot at the division.

Dayum, glad I didn't see this earlier. I spent the game rooting for Arizona. Had I known this, I would have been rooting for SF, They would have lost for sure.

Seeker

Reaction score
Scottemojo":109259d5 said:
Seeker":109259d5 said:
Still wishing we had tanked 2 DAMN YEARS AGO? You are embarrassing.

No one said "wishing we tanked" saying after it was all said and done it didn't put us any further towards being a better team. A lot of the key guys from that team (save lynch) aren't even here. It was a great win and I loved every minute of it (as stated in the original quote) but it ultimately ended up being meaningless since we went in a different direction.

I'm not worried about the playoffs, either we miss it and we deserve to or we slip in some how and we deserve that to. not worried, im more worried about what we are gonna do when we get there. I don't wanna see a team get to the playoffs that has to rely on road wins to get to the superbowl that has proven so far that it can't win on the road. do you?

Do you want to see a team that can't kill a wounded lions team in the playoffs on national tv against a rested and angry Aaron Rogers? you want to be able to say your team beat out the cardinals that bad for a nationally televised sacrifice to one of these east coast teams we are not ready for on the road???

its not like these problems are new, this defense (While great) has had 3rd down problems since day one it just never manifested itself in a way that was too detrimental yet, now it has.

i think this fanbase has elevated beyond being "happy to be in the playoffs" this isn't 2003 get your mind right, this is a five time NFC west champion, 11 time playoff appearing, recent superbowl participating team. i'm not worrying about "getting into" the playoffs, that was my point.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Technically I think it's impossible for anyone to control his or her own destiny--it wouldn't be destiny then.

;-)

bestfightstory

Reaction score
sc85sis":xvr41vuv said:
Technically I think it's impossible for anyone to control his or her own destiny--it wouldn't be destiny then.

;-)

John Locke would have something to say about this.

VaSfan4life

Reaction score
JSeahawks...your a good man lol.. im not trying to troll.. i mean if were trying to do that i would have never came back after those 2 losses....fair is fair and right is right.. if i talk after wins ill be here to take u guys shit after losses