If Arizona loses tonight we control our own destiny

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • You can't ask for anything more than that of a playoff contender. If Arizona loses tonight and falls to 4-4, then the only two teams ahead of us for the Wildcard spot are Minnesota and Green Bay. We can't catch Green Bay without help, so we don't control whether we get the 5th seed, but the 6th seed will become ours to lose should SF beat Arizona tonight. Then it's in our own hands to beat Minnesota and Arizona, which would put us in the drivers seat for the 6th seed.

If Az wins tonight and we beat them later, we end up tied with them, but they may well hold a tiebreaker come season's end so that isn't good enough to control our own destiny. It does, however, leave us a slim shot at the division.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• Word - thanks for this.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Arizona is not going to win out, so I would rather them take down the 49ers and keep the 49ers from building a bigger cushion for the division lead.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Go, 49ers.

Que the BFS post question the masculanity of my fandom.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• So what? I still want the division as long as we are playing make-believe. Go CARDS!

AZ and Minnesota will both freefall regardless of what occurs tonight.

(And it is 'cue' you high-school dropout)
    Last edited by bestfightstory on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Go, meteor.

We win the NFC West by default because the Rams are still barely an NFL team.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• HawkFan72 wrote:Arizona is not going to win out, so I would rather them take down the 49ers and keep the 49ers from building a bigger cushion for the division lead.

I just don't see it in the cards for Seattle to win the Division this year - but I am hoping.

5th or 6th Seed is more likely.
    It was a catch.
    SeaMeat
    NET Veteran

• I'm leaning towards the Cards tonight.
    It simply gives us more options if they win.

When it comes down to it, we need to do our work and it doesn't matter what anyone else does.
    Its time to start beating up teams that aren't ridiculous on either side of the ball.
    Giddy Up!
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

• bestfightstory wrote:So what? I still want the division as long as we are playing make-believe. Go CARDS!

Diplomas, degrees and proper spelling are for my employees and those who make less than me.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:So what? I still want the division as long as we are playing make-believe. Go CARDS!

Diplomas, degrees and proper spelling are for my employees and those who make less than me.

oooooohhhhhh! I'd call that a Skadooosh!!!!
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• To hell with this; go Cardinals! The Cards have a tougher second half of the season than the 49ers, and the 49ers are better than them. I doubt the Cardinals win the division, but possibly; we need the 49ers to be kept in check so we can try and go on a run with our last 8 games to try and win the division.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• i'm sorry, rooting on the niners is like kissing my sister, i just can't do it... i hate their guts and i hate their fans more... and i hate their coach on a much higher level that i can't talk about in this forum... my joy is the niner fans misery and pain. GO Cards!!! i'll take my chances down the road... this is from my heart not my head....
    Last edited by hawker84 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Looks like our division is going to beat itself up this year lol.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

• It's kind of a win-win either way.

Cards win, we have a better shot at the division. But then again, so do they, and they also beat us, so they would hold a tiebreaker in divisional record. This could also lead to us and the Niners meeting for the divisional title in December, which would be cool as hell.

49ers win, and we have a better shot at the wildcard. But, the Niners then get a 2 game lead on us that we probably won't pick up.

I'd have to say, as mediocre as we've been, as inconsistent as both sides of the ball can be, I'd have to root for AZ. It's the most likely way we get into the playoffs
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Our schedule is a cake walk compared to ARIZONA, MINN, GB, SF, DET, and TB......They all play each other and have rather difficult schedules compared to ours. We get 5 home games over the next 8. 6-2 gets it done.....The next 2 games are must win IMO.
    PGA45
    NET Bench Warmer

• Sarlacc83 wrote:Go, meteor.

We win the NFC West by default because the Rams are still barely an NFL team.

Barely a team that beat ours apparently.
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran

• Cardinals may only win 2-3 more games the rest of this season, at best. The "fun" part of their schedule lurks.

They have already lost 3 straight. Tonight would be 4...then next it's @ Green Bay and @ Atlanta. That should be a 6-game losing streak.

Freefall time for the little red birds.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• I'd still rather the Cards win. I'm on the "Keep SF in check a bit" team.

Besides, I can't root for the wild card as a first option, no matter how 'logical' it might sound. First goal is always to win the division. If the Niners win, that becomes much harder and less likely, though they too, have some tough games ahead of them.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• I'm not worried about getting into the playoffs, i'm just not seeing the point if we aren't sure who we are. Are we a NYG type team (in the making) that can suck but get into the playoffs and superbowl it? or are we a glad to be here one and done team. That new orleans game was thrilling and all, but minus the beast quake and i'd looooooove to have that pic right now for a big name receiver (the only missing ingrdient).
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

• We do control our own destiny. We are the only team in the league that wound up playing it's 1st 3 division games on the road, 1 of them a Thurs nite game on a short week.

In the NFC, we are basically ahead of the game as, all teams in the North have 5 division games remaining. Beat yourselves up guys. The East is a dogs stew, only team to emerge at the end being the Giants, and we all know how well they do at home. South, Falcs basically run away with it as the Aint's are in one hell of a hole, and TB despite moxie is just not there yet.

Anyone else at least kinda/sorts smell there could be 3 NFC West teams in at the end?
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran

• Seeker wrote:I'm not worried about getting into the playoffs, i'm just not seeing the point if we aren't sure who we are. Are we a NYG type team (in the making) that can suck but get into the playoffs and superbowl it? or are we a glad to be here one and done team. That new orleans game was thrilling and all, but minus the beast quake and i'd looooooove to have that pic right now for a big name receiver (the only missing ingrdient).

I wish I had an extra banning to play with.... :179419:
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Seeker wrote:I'm not worried about getting into the playoffs, i'm just not seeing the point if we aren't sure who we are. Are we a NYG type team (in the making) that can suck but get into the playoffs and superbowl it? or are we a glad to be here one and done team. That new orleans game was thrilling and all, but minus the beast quake and i'd looooooove to have that pic right now for a big name receiver (the only missing ingrdient).

Still wishing we had tanked 2 DAMN YEARS AGO? You are embarrassing.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• I can't root for either one of them, cuz it's not clear.
    Hate 'em. {censored} 'em both.

(that there is a Rule Aware Rocket right there)
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

• bestfightstory wrote:
    Seeker wrote:I'm not worried about getting into the playoffs, i'm just not seeing the point if we aren't sure who we are. Are we a NYG type team (in the making) that can suck but get into the playoffs and superbowl it? or are we a glad to be here one and done team. That new orleans game was thrilling and all, but minus the beast quake and i'd looooooove to have that pic right now for a big name receiver (the only missing ingrdient).

I wish I had an extra banning to play with.... :179419:

:P
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• You wanna crow San Fran's asses then crown them, pehawk!!!!
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• I'm not saying root for anyone. That's totally up to each of you. I'm just saying these are the playoff facts. I left one thing off, however, that didn't occur to me until just now. Detroit. They are 3-4. So if they win on our bye week and stay tied with us, they hold the tiebreaker. So as of right now, no matter what happens to Az or SF, we don't quite yet control our own destiny until we pull ahead of Detroit.

The point of all this is that with so many jumping off ledges and what not, this season is not over by any means. I hear them on KJR saying 10-6 might not get it done. Well, yes, it actually WILL get it done. So long as we beat Minnie and Az along the way and Detroit doesn't finish 10-6 too.

SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• We don't need to worry abou AZ anymore. They are done. This MNF drubbing is making the The cards Turn into the Bramiefs.
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Arizona is NOT winning tonight.....so you can get that out yo heads.....muuaaaahahaha!!! WHOS GOT IT BETTER THAN US?!!!! NOBODY!!!!!! 8)
    WHOS GOT IT BETTER THAN US?!!!! NOBODY!!!!!
    80849er4life
    NET Bench Warmer

• 80849er4life wrote:Arizona is NOT winning tonight.....so you can get that out yo heads.....muuaaaahahaha!!! WHOS GOT IT BETTER THAN US?!!!! NOBODY!!!!!! 8)

Why are you guys always here when you win? But after you get your ass kicked by the Giants there's not a single 49er fan post on this board for a week?

Oh, and to answer your question: Atlanta, Chicago and Houston.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Nobody "flames" better than 9er fans.
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:
    80849er4life wrote:Arizona is NOT winning tonight.....so you can get that out yo heads.....muuaaaahahaha!!! WHOS GOT IT BETTER THAN US?!!!! NOBODY!!!!!! 8)

Why are you guys always here when you win? But after you get your ass kicked by the Giants there's not a single 49er fan post on this board for a week?

thats a lie.. Dig it up please.. i dare you.. i Double Dog dare u please sir.. I was here after we lost tot he vikes and i was here after we got spanked by the G Men... but i have also been here after every win... i always say.. "Im here when we win and im here when we lose"..
    VaSfan4life
    NET Practice Squad

• VaSfan4life wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    80849er4life wrote:Arizona is NOT winning tonight.....so you can get that out yo heads.....muuaaaahahaha!!! WHOS GOT IT BETTER THAN US?!!!! NOBODY!!!!!! 8)

thats a lie.. Dig it up please.. i dare you.. i Double Dog dare u please sir.. I was here after we lost tot he vikes and i was here after we got spanked by the G Men... but i have also been here after every win... i always say.. "Im here when we win and im here when we lose"..

And we are all so thankful for that! :pukeface:
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

• VaSfan4life wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Ok, I take it back. Since you double dog dared me i looked at your post history. You did post after you lost to Minnesota, mostly to tell us that the TAte TD shouldnt have counted. And you did have 1 post between your loss to the Giants and playing us that thursday. I stand corrected. I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• JSeahawks wrote:
    VaSfan4life wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:[quote="80849er4life"]Arizona is NOT winning tonight.....so you can get that out yo heads.....muuaaaahahaha!!! WHOS GOT IT BETTER THAN US?!!!! NOBODY!!!!!! 8)

Ok, I take it back. Since you double dog dared me i looked at your post history. You did post after you lost to Minnesota, mostly to tell us that the TAte TD shouldnt have counted. And you did have 1 post between your loss to the Giants and playing us that thursday. I stand corrected. I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part.[/quote]

Yes but safe to say not nearly as active.

I wish they would just go bye bye.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• SalishHawkFan wrote:You can't ask for anything more than that of a playoff contender. If Arizona loses tonight and falls to 4-4, then the only two teams ahead of us for the Wildcard spot are Minnesota and Green Bay. We can't catch Green Bay without help, so we don't control whether we get the 5th seed, but the 6th seed will become ours to lose should SF beat Arizona tonight. Then it's in our own hands to beat Minnesota and Arizona, which would put us in the drivers seat for the 6th seed.

If Az wins tonight and we beat them later, we end up tied with them, but they may well hold a tiebreaker come season's end so that isn't good enough to control our own destiny. It does, however, leave us a slim shot at the division.

Dayum, glad I didn't see this earlier. I spent the game rooting for Arizona. Had I known this, I would have been rooting for SF, They would have lost for sure.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Scottemojo wrote:
    Seeker wrote:I'm not worried about getting into the playoffs, i'm just not seeing the point if we aren't sure who we are. Are we a NYG type team (in the making) that can suck but get into the playoffs and superbowl it? or are we a glad to be here one and done team. That new orleans game was thrilling and all, but minus the beast quake and i'd looooooove to have that pic right now for a big name receiver (the only missing ingrdient).

Still wishing we had tanked 2 DAMN YEARS AGO? You are embarrassing.

No one said "wishing we tanked" saying after it was all said and done it didn't put us any further towards being a better team. A lot of the key guys from that team (save lynch) aren't even here. It was a great win and I loved every minute of it (as stated in the original quote) but it ultimately ended up being meaningless since we went in a different direction.

I'm not worried about the playoffs, either we miss it and we deserve to or we slip in some how and we deserve that to. not worried, im more worried about what we are gonna do when we get there. I don't wanna see a team get to the playoffs that has to rely on road wins to get to the superbowl that has proven so far that it can't win on the road. do you?

Do you want to see a team that can't kill a wounded lions team in the playoffs on national tv against a rested and angry Aaron Rogers? you want to be able to say your team beat out the cardinals that bad for a nationally televised sacrifice to one of these east coast teams we are not ready for on the road???

its not like these problems are new, this defense (While great) has had 3rd down problems since day one it just never manifested itself in a way that was too detrimental yet, now it has.

i think this fanbase has elevated beyond being "happy to be in the playoffs" this isn't 2003 get your mind right, this is a five time NFC west champion, 11 time playoff appearing, recent superbowl participating team. i'm not worrying about "getting into" the playoffs, that was my point.
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

• Technically I think it's impossible for anyone to control his or her own destiny--it wouldn't be destiny then.

;-)
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• sc85sis wrote:Technically I think it's impossible for anyone to control his or her own destiny--it wouldn't be destiny then.

;-)

John Locke would have something to say about this.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• sc85sis wrote:Technically I think it's impossible for anyone to control his or her own destiny--it wouldn't be destiny then.

;-)

I am destined to control my own destiny.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• JSeahawks...your a good man lol.. im not trying to troll.. i mean if were trying to do that i would have never came back after those 2 losses....fair is fair and right is right.. if i talk after wins ill be here to take u guys shit after losses
    VaSfan4life
    NET Practice Squad

• 80849er4life wrote:WHOS GOT IT BETTER THAN US?!!!! NOBODY!!!!!! 8)

God, that is the stupidest mantra in the NFL
    Treefiddy
    NET Rookie

• JSeahawks wrote:

And seeing as the Giants won the Super Bowl last year, I think they count as well.

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Treefiddy wrote:
    80849er4life wrote:WHOS GOT IT BETTER THAN US?!!!! NOBODY!!!!!! 8)

dont hate... u know u would love it if u guys had a catch phrase... is it cheesy.. yes but it is our own and something Harbaugh uses to bring this team together and guess what.. it works
    VaSfan4life
    NET Practice Squad

• VaSfan4life wrote:
    Treefiddy wrote:

dont hate... u know u would love it if u guys had a catch phrase... is it cheesy.. yes but it is our own and something Harbaugh uses to bring this team together and guess what.. it works

We do have a mantra. It's Marshawn Lynch leaping backwards holding his groin.

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• VaSfan4life wrote:
    Treefiddy wrote:

Sure, a good catch phrase is great. That "who's got it better than us" is just empty, forced rhetoric. Harbaugh is corny.
    Formerly known as Seahawk425.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:47 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information