Goes without saying, but I will, next 2 games are must wins

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • As well as the last 4, if we are going to the playoffs.

Still like our chances.........
    "We have to focus with every challenge we get. The bigger, the better. The more hyped, the better. We keep doing what we're doing. Tough matchups on the road, high-profile games - we want that, we feed off that, we should be able to develop the discipline to deal with that." Pete Carroll
    Hawkfish
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• As Mitch Levy said this morning, 5 of the 6 NFC playoff teams are basically set. Need to go 6-2 the rest of the way to have a legit shot. Do-able, sure. Likely? I'm not gonna go that far.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• We are going to have to find a way to play more than one complete game resulting in road wins, or

Playoffs?....You want to talk Playoffs?
    R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• We could be 8-0 or 1-7 right now. We play a style of football wrought with mistakes from any and every direction in any given game. We rely too much on dramatic and fortunate endings to expect to go 6-2 from here on out. It's possible, sure. And so, I will hope for it. But I'm not going to expect us to suddenly begin to take control of games and if that doesn't happen 6-2 or better from here on out is a pipe dream.
    Last edited by bestfightstory on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• With the NFC being as competitive as it is this year, we will need to win all our home games to have legit shot of making the playoffs. Have a feeling we’ll go 4-4 or 5-3 though. We needed yesterday’s game.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

• Agree with bestfightstory. I can't see us going 6-2 given that every game goes down to the wire. sometimes you have to just win the game going away...can't always count on making the plays in the last 5 minutes. we have learned all year half time time it goes your way [GB, NE, Car] and half the time it doesn't [Ari, Stl, Det].

Would be nice to see a 27-10 win over Minnesota and get an easy one for a change.

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• bestfightstory wrote:We could be 8-0 or 1-7 right now. We play a style of football wrought with mistakes from any and every direction in any given game. We rely too much on dramatic and fortunate endings to expect to go 6-2 from here on out. It's possible, sure. And so, I will hope for it. But I'm not going to expect us to suddenly begin to take control of games and if that doesn't happen 6-2 or better from here on out is a pipe dream.

This is SOOOOOO deja vu.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Uphill battle for sure. Can't lose every road game and expect to get anywhere.
    R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I say that to get into the playoffs that we need to win out. NFC is too good this year.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• As Mitch Levy said this morning, 5 of the 6 NFC playoff teams are basically set. Need to go 6-2 the rest of the way to have a legit shot. Do-able, sure. Likely? I'm not gonna go that far.

I didnt hear him say it but thats a little far fetched.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture?module=HP11_content_stream

The top two NFC seeds are pretty set but the rest is still WFO as they say.
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

• No way the team gets in at 9-7 and 10-6 may not make it either as the tiebreakers are not in Seattle's favor. Too many NFC losses.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• The whole NFC North play each other for TEN more games. And the NFC West play the NFC North for 7 more games. A LOT more yet to be determined!! All other wild-card "contenders" are 3-4 at best right now.
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:...the tiebreakers are not in Seattle's favor.

True, but beat Minnesota and that's a pretty important tiebreaker to have in the pocket. I got a feeling the Vikes will end up 10-6, and if the Hawks do too... yeah. Better beat 'em.
    VivaEfrenHerrera
    NET Veteran

• The Falcons, Niners and Bears are locks right? Probably the Giants as well. I agree with Mitch that the Packers are as good as in also. That leaves the rest of us to fight for one spot. We're in decent position for that one spot, but 10-6 is the minimum.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• I find it odd that so many people expect the top NFC teams to basically win out. There is an entire half of the season to go. Sure, some of these teams are legit. But some could flounder in the 2nd half of the season. The NFL is crazy, and this league is ripe with parity.
    Hawkadeus
    NET Rookie

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:40 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information