Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: It's Pete time...
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:52 am 
* Report Button *

It's on him now, he needs to right this, and soon.

Even before the offense took steps forwards against NE, the offense could always; run the ball, hit any pattern, could throw long WELL. The defense has the players and tools to play well. Plus, this team ALWAYS plays hard, in every facet of the game.

Playing hard usually will beat the likes of Detroit. The talent differential should've beaten the Rams. And, the offense seemed uninterested in winning the SF game (based on poor execution).

I look at a team like Miami, with SO much less, seemingly playing better and just as hard. And, they're winning, ON THE ROAD. So, for all the excuses of how better it is, how much brilliance Pete has shown putting this together, there's no more excuses for not winning.

Yesterday really pissed me off. That's a mentally soft team the Seahawks lost to. The perfect type of learning road win this teams NEEDS to get.

I'm appreciative of Pete. But, there's no more room for losses.

Post subject: Re: It's Pete time...
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:58 am 
* NET Philistine *

Somehow, I just can't agree that a team which is one of the best (league leader, even?) at scoring 4th quarter points is mentally soft.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:01 am 
* Glitter over Knives *

Regardless, Sarlacc, pe is correct. This team has underperformed grossly. That is on the head coach.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:01 am 
* Report Button *

Ask Earl Thomas. He stated paraphrasing; they could've/should've jumped on them early it would've been a blowout. I'm not the only one who thinks Detroit will cave if bad things occur early.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:02 am 
NET Veteran

Perhaps, but we still NEEDED to win this game and fell short. The defense has been pretty much propping the team up and could be excused for one bad performance. Bummer that it happened when our Offense finally showed signs of life. Onward...

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:03 am 
* NET Sage *

3rd and 11 giving up a bomb to Titus Young was backbreaking. We were dominating the game and in one play it's a 17-14 game again.

Agree with pe.. I love Pete, but all these brain farts reflect on coaching.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:07 am 
NET Veteran

This has always been the knock on Carroll, even going back to his first coaching jobs in NE and NY........someone with a great defensive mind, but below average on the offensive side of the ball.

I won't lie, he kicked ass at USC, but the main reason was because he had superior talent than everyone else. So he could get by on vanilla schemes and game plans and still win because he had superior talent. Well that's the the case in a parity league like the NFL. Teams that succeed are the teams that have coaches and coordinators that know how to scheme, put together game plans and motivate their players.

Carroll certainly has the ability to motivate, but I'm not sold on his ability to succeed on the offensive side of the ball, OR the ability to out scheme his opposition.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:08 am 
* Glitter over Knives *

We could be 8-0 or 1-7 right now. We play a style of football wrought with mistakes from any and every direction in any given game. We rely too much on dramatic and fortunate endings to expect to go 6-2 from here on out. It's possible, sure. And so, I will hope for it. But I'm not going to expect us to suddenly begin to take control of games and if that doesn't happen 6-2 or better from here on out is a pipe dream.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:08 am 
* Report Button *

The tone in the press conferences smacked of; we needed to slit their throat in the first half and they'd wilt. Yes, the Lions get a lot of 4th quarter points because they play half-hearted. By definition, you CAN slaughter those types of teams. See 2010 Seahawks, or most Holmgren Seahawks.

Quit kidding yourself into acceptance. That was inexcusable – and read the teams quotes – they know it too.

The big and real fear is the players eventually tuning out. They play hard, can run, stop the run, throw, connect deep AND they’re still losing. Give any of those qualities to; McCarthy, Fox, Harbaugh, Tomlin, Coughlin and they’d JUST WIN.

At some point players may tune out if they have zero to show for it.

Last edited by pehawk on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:16 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

Nice to see some posters I respect reading the same tea leaves... it's beyond fair to turn the light on Carroll right now -- after 3 drafts and 41 games into his regime.

Perhaps a lot of us over-estimated how good we would be this season?

I still see us winning 9 games (MAYBE 10 if we can solve the road bugaboo), and who knows - we might find a way to snag a playoff berth.

The furture is bright. The sky is NOT falling. The frustration stems from not correcting things that are costing us games, regardless of whether we "should have" won or not - they were right there for the taking (each loss this season fits into that category).

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:43 am 
NET Veteran

Just my opinion I know but, PC needs to just STFU, take the reins off Bevel and the offense and turn it loose. He also needs to trust Bradley and turn him loose.

Jest keep guys motivated and in the game PC, and quit micro-managing. Hire the best people available and let them do their job!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:45 am 
NET Ring Of Honor

pehawk wrote:
Ask Earl Thomas. He stated paraphrasing; they could've/should've jumped on them early it would've been a blowout. I'm not the only one who thinks Detroit will cave if bad things occur early.

We were up 17-7 if that isn't jumping on them then what is. We had them right where you said they would fold and they didn't. WE did, and on defense, not offense.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:51 am 
* Report Button *

17-7 isn't exactly insurmountable at home.

But, okay, I was wrong. As we're the team, who felt similarly, and national outlets like PFT and Mortenson. Feel better?

Shouldn't you be ripping off someone's thread idea like "look a likes", "Pete's Pressers", etc? Maybe you can beat Thunder to the punch on the enemy forum posting? Or Moses' haikus? There's got to be something you can do while we discuss football?

Anyways, this loss hurts in a lot of ways. That's a "good" team which could've been had. Would've been a perfect stepping stone.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:09 am 
NET Veteran

Yesterday was the first game I really took notice of PC being outcoached and outschemed. I've seen it before, but made excuses for it, and even though, I'm not even heartbroken over the loss, it worries me that the coaches have shown an inability to be creative and change things in game.

Last season, and even earlier this season, PC was great at halftime adjustments but I just haven't seen it in several games.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:18 am 
* Report Button *

One thing Pete will have going for him, and we've begun to see it over the past few weeks, is a dynamic "tilt the field" type QB.

I'm not going to play it safe with my expectations of Wilson, I think he's going to be a Rogers, Manning, Brady, Brees type. Heaven help whoever's lined up across from Wilson once he reaches the playoffs, because he's going to own it.

Wilson will end up masking all of Pete's aforementioned offensive flaws, soon.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:20 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Best thread about this loss.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:21 am 
NET Veteran

pehawk wrote:
One thing Pete will have going for him, and we've begun to see it over the past few weeks, is a dynamic "tilt the field" type QB.

I'm not going to play it safe with my expectations of Wilson, I think he's going to be a Rogers, Manning, Brady, Brees type. Heaven help whoever's lined up across from Wilson once he reaches the playoffs, because he's going to own it.

Wilson will end up masking all of Pete's aforementioned offensive flaws, soon.

I don't think that's farfetched at all. The kid looks like a veteran out there, and nothing seems to rattle him. I'm just glad we don't have Cutler, Romo, or even Rivers. Now those guys are veterans that continuously make rookie mistakes.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:23 am 
NET Ring Of Honor

pehawk wrote:

Shouldn't you be ripping off someone's thread idea like "look a likes", "Pete's Pressers", etc? Maybe you can beat Thunder to the punch on the enemy forum posting? Or Moses' haikus? There's got to be something you can do while we discuss football?

I was discussing football Mr. holierthanthou. And maybe I'll just not post so your quaaluud eating ass will be happy.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:30 am 
* NET Sage *

Sgt. Largent wrote:
This has always been the knock on Carroll, even going back to his first coaching jobs in NE and NY........someone with a great defensive mind, but below average on the offensive side of the ball.

I won't lie, he kicked ass at USC, but the main reason was because he had superior talent than everyone else. So he could get by on vanilla schemes and game plans and still win because he had superior talent. Well that's the the case in a parity league like the NFL. Teams that succeed are the teams that have coaches and coordinators that know how to scheme, put together game plans and motivate their players.

Carroll certainly has the ability to motivate, but I'm not sold on his ability to succeed on the offensive side of the ball, OR the ability to out scheme his opposition.

As a die-hard Trojans fan, I have a slight bias with Pete.. he brought that program up and kept them on top of college football for a long long time.. but the USC program was almost like the Braves in the 90's - all the time USC would come out and completely play down to an inferior opponent.. ultimately screwing themselves out of a championship.

Pete Carroll is a great coach, but for some reason.. his players have a tendency to just flat out underachieve. We've seen it already 3 times this year.. we should have beat the Cardinals, we should have beat the Rams, and we should have beat the Lions yesterday.

At some point, this allure Pete has will wear off if these moments don't stop happening.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:32 am 
* Report Button *

Qualuds? You have a time machine?

Seemed like you joined to point out I was wrong over anything else.

Post whatever, whenever.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:33 am 
* NET Alumni *

pehawk wrote:

Even before the offense took steps forwards against NE, the offense could always; run the ball, hit any pattern, could throw long WELL. The defense has the players and tools to play well. Plus, this team ALWAYS plays hard, in every facet of the game.

Playing hard usually will beat the likes of Detroit. The talent differential should've beaten the Rams. And, the offense seemed uninterested in winning the SF game (based on poor execution).

I look at a team like Miami, with SO much less, seemingly playing better and just as hard. And, they're winning, ON THE ROAD. So, for all the excuses of how better it is, how much brilliance Pete has shown putting this together, there's no more excuses for not winning.

Yesterday really pissed me off. That's a mentally soft team the Seahawks lost to. The perfect type of learning road win this teams NEEDS to get.

This times a billion. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:51 am 
* NET Injury Guru *

Sarlacc83 wrote:
Somehow, I just can't agree that a team which is one of the best (league leader, even?) at scoring 4th quarter points is mentally soft.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Hawks are averaging 5.5 points per game in the 4th quarter. Good for 22nd in the NFL. We're really bad in the 2nd quarter (31st).

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/4t ... s-per-game

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:53 am 
NET Veteran

The 3rd and 11 play at 17-7 was key for me. I remember watching that thinking... 'get a stop here and get the ball back'. You start to consider a 20-7 or even 24-7 lead. And bang. One play and it's a three point game. That was a killer. I'm not sure how much of that was on Pete though or Gus Bradley and the players. Likewise the draw play that potentially cost us three points at the end of the first half. Is that Pete or Bevell/Cable?

Overall though it's hard to complain too much right now. I remember the road games where it was over at half time. If we'd have won all our road games so far, not sure anyone would've batted an eye lid. We're getting there.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:54 am 
NET Veteran

Largent80 wrote:
pehawk wrote:

We were up 17-7 if that isn't jumping on them then what is. We had them right where you said they would fold and they didn't. WE did, and on defense, not offense.

Even if people agree that Detroit didn't fold like some thought, the fact is that Carroll went into "super conservative mode" with a lead, just like he always does.........as opposed to what GOOD teams do with a 17-7 lead, go for the jugular.

Is it cause he still doesn't trust Wilson to not make mistakes? Is it that he thinks his defense is so good that they should be able to hold this sort of a lead? Not sure, only Carroll can answer these questions.

But it pisses me off that when this team has a lead they go through long conservative stretches of the game (usually the 2nd and 3rd quarters) where they don't step on the other team's throat. It's a loser mentality, and it has to stop.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:54 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:
Sarlacc83 wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Hawks are averaging 5.5 points per game in the 4th quarter. Good for 22nd in the NFL. We're really bad in the 2nd quarter (31st).

I may be missing something, but I think he was saying the Lions are the league leader in 4th quarter scoring?

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:02 pm 
NET Veteran

theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
The 3rd and 11 play at 17-7 was key for me. I remember watching that thinking... 'get a stop here and get the ball back'. You start to consider a 20-7 or even 24-7 lead. And bang. One play and it's a three point game. That was a killer. I'm not sure how much of that was on Pete though or Gus Bradley and the players. Likewise the draw play that potentially cost us three points at the end of the first half. Is that Pete or Bevell/Cable?

Overall though it's hard to complain too much right now. I remember the road games where it was over at half time. If we'd have won all our road games so far, not sure anyone would've batted an eye lid. We're getting there.

I agree with this fully.

I feel as though this team is on the verge of consistently winning. We still have mostly 2, and 3rd year players on this roster. The game hasn't slowed down for everyone yet. A lot of the plays that we got killed on were do to over pursuit on Defense and simply being behind a step. Small nuances that 2nd and 3rd year players are just starting to learn. Even our O-line which now has only played 5 games together is starting to come around and play on each others level.

Pete started from Scratch, 3 years ago. He has hedged his bets knowing that a Defense and running game typically develops faster than a passing game, a passing game which they haven't even started to build around yet, and we still are competitive. These have been some of the funnest games to watch, and that I giv Pete total props for.

We just haven't clicked yet, maybe we will this year, maybe we wont. I would bet though that given the progression we have seen, its going to be happening, and fast.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:02 pm 
NET Veteran

pehawk wrote:

I also have to agree with you on this one. It just pisses me off how we can be out coached in games we should be able to easily win. I really like PC, but he needs to do a reality check on himself. I personally think he needs to really good and experienced coordinators working for him that really know how to scheme against opponents both before and especially during games.

If this keeps up I do see him on a very hot seat after next year. Even Paul Allen can see that there is something wrong by now.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:07 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

Smoke wrote:
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:

I agree with this fully.

I feel as though this team is on the verge of consistently winning. We still have mostly 2, and 3rd year players on this roster. The game hasn't slowed down for everyone yet. A lot of the plays that we got killed on were do to over pursuit on Defense and simply being behind a step. Small nuances that 2nd and 3rd year players are just starting to learn. Even our O-line which now has only played 5 games together is starting to come around and play on each others level.

Pete started from Scratch, 3 years ago. He has hedged his bets knowing that a Defense and running game typically develops faster than a passing game, a passing game which they haven't even started to build around yet, and we still are competitive. These have been some of the funnest games to watch, and that I giv Pete total props for.

We just haven't clicked yet, maybe we will this year, maybe we wont. I would bet though that given the progression we have seen, its going to be happening, and fast.

Amen brothers. Thanks for not being nancies.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:09 pm 
* NET Philistine *

drdiags wrote:
IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:
Sarlacc83 wrote:

I may be missing something, but I think he was saying the Lions are the league leader in 4th quarter scoring?

This is correct and the provided link bears it out.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:12 pm 
* Report Button *

Why haven't they clicked, is my question? The Bronco's clicked, a year after sucking, with the worst QB ever known, while devising new offensive and defensive schemes through the season. This year and last.

The Dolphins this year are doing more with less. They're younger and less talented - in vastly different systems.

And it still doesn't change the point that the coaches I mentioned would be winning, period. Lynch topped 100 in SF, Stl and now Detroit, but they're all losses.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:12 pm 
NET Veteran

Pete turned the 2009 Seahawks team into the team you see today, that he claims is still on year 3 out of 4, and people STILL want to throw him under the bus? Even worse, were blaming our offense when they had probably their best game of the year, and it was our DEFENSE that failed to stop the Lions offense TWICE on 3rd down in the redzone with less than a minute left?

Knee jerk is almost an understatement

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:17 pm 
NET Veteran

Pstark3 wrote:
Pete turned the 2009 Seahawks team into the team you see today

Improvement doesn't count until it shows up in the wins and loss column. Pete's first year he went 4-4 in the first eight games. This year, same thing.

Do I think Carroll's infused this team with great young talent? Yes. But like I said, that's all window dressing until it results in wins..........and so far this year, it hasn't.

Btw, people forget that Carroll is the 2nd highest paid coach in the NFL, only 500k less than Belichick. Do you think he's worth it? If I'm Paul Allen and I'm paying my coach $7,000,000 a year in his 3rd year, I better damn well be seeing some results by now.

Last edited by Sgt. Largent on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:20 pm 
NET Veteran

Pstark3 wrote:
Pete turned the 2009 Seahawks team into the team you see today, that he claims is still on year 3 out of 4, and people STILL want to throw him under the bus? Even worse, were blaming our offense when they had probably their best game of the year, and it was our DEFENSE that failed to stop the Lions offense TWICE on 3rd down in the redzone with less than a minute left?

Knee jerk is almost an understatement

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:24 pm 
* NET Alumni *

Nobody is throwing him under the bus. At least not the OP. He's saying you built this team, now win with it. Seems fair to me. No, he didn't walk into a Harbaugh situation, but he has that much talent NOW. So he should be beating 2-4 teams. Simple as that.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:33 pm 
NET Veteran

Sgt. Largent wrote:
If I'm Paul Allen and I'm paying my coach $7,000,000 a year in his 3rd year, I better damn well be seeing some results by now.

Even though He and JS have brought in ridiculous amounts of cheap, young talent resulting in us being one of the youngest, most physical up and comers of the NFL? If thats not enough to make you believe PC&JS when they say this is a 4 year plan, probably nothing will.

Idk about you, but I do NOT want some other coach coming in here and f***ing this thing we have going here up.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:34 pm 
NET Veteran

pehawk wrote:
Why haven't they clicked, is my question? The Bronco's clicked, a year after sucking, with the worst QB ever known, while devising new offensive and defensive schemes through the season. This year and last.

The Dolphins this year are doing more with less. They're younger and less talented - in vastly different systems.

And it still doesn't change the point that the coaches I mentioned would be winning, period. Lynch topped 100 in SF, Stl and now Detroit, but they're all losses.

From where I stand, the reason the hawks have instantly clicked is because we are being built for long term success..We are almost there, we just have to let the team mature. There is only so much that Pete can do. It seems like Pete and company are good talent evaluators, and I am guessing that they probably have a very good grip on what our team can and can't do. Im pretty sure that gameplanning is done in line with understanding of what our team is and isn't good at. We have been in everygame, and every game has looked almost the same. Ever notice that? We have been the controllers of the tempo. That is all Pete's doing, and save for one or two plays swinging the wrong way in losses we could have won every game.

That is a far cry from being blown out by 20 or 30 points most everygame. That is progression.

Bottom line, once the offense starts showing maturity its going to be hard to beat us, and we will start having those 20 to 30 point wins.

It just takes time.

Last edited by Smoke on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:35 pm 
* NET Alumni *

I am going to go on the record and say 90% of the fans (and a higher percentage here) want nothing of the sort (switching up head coaches). They just want to see Pete perform as a coach as he is capable of and that his players turn the corner.... just as he did in his 3rd year at USC. You saw a real significant transformation. We want to see that similar change happen here. We've got the talent. Let's see it happen.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:36 pm 
NET Veteran

SharkHawk wrote:
I am going to go on the record and say 90% of the fans (and a higher percentage here) want nothing of the sort (switching up head coaches). They just want to see Pete perform as a coach as he is capable of and that his players turn the corner.... just as he did in his 3rd year at USC. You saw a real significant transformation. We want to see that similar change happen here. We've got the talent. Let's see it happen.

Yes, this is what I think.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:36 pm 
* Report Button *

Smoke wrote:
pehawk wrote:

From where I stand, the reason the hawks have instantly clicked is because we are being built for long term success..We are almost there, we just have to let the team mature. There is only so much that Pete can do. It seems like Pete and company are good talent evaluators, and I am guessing that they probably have a very good grip on what our team can and can't do. Im pretty sure that gameplanning is done in line with understanding of what our team is and isn't good at. We have been in everygame, and every game and everygame has looked almost the same. Ever notice that? We have been the controllers of the tempo. That is all Pete's doing, and save for one or two plays swinging the wrong way in losses we could have won every game.

That is a far cry from being blown out by 20 or 30 points most everygame. That is progression.

Bottom line, once the offense starts showing maturity its going to be hard to beat us, and we will start having those 20 to 30 point wins.

It just takes time.

GREAT GAWD DAMN POST.

Logically I want to nod yes, emotionally I want to cry and say "but other teams dont have to rebuild!"

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:39 pm 
NET Veteran

Sgt. Largent wrote:
Improvement doesn't count until it shows up in the wins and loss column. Pete's first year he went 4-4 in the first eight games. This year, same thing.

That's a very narrow minded way of looking at things. This team is a damn site better than the 2010 version, and I'd argue the 2011 version too. And that improvement should be celebrated. You don't suddenly wake up one day and become a contender. It can be a slow process. Especially when you have a rookie QB and a lot of young players. To ignore the improvement because the team is 'only' 4-4 at the midway point is OTT.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:40 pm 
NET Veteran

SharkHawk wrote:

I feel like our offense is right at the start of the transformation. Look at week 1 Russel, vs's week 8 Russel. Look at the Offensive line protection. This thing is on the verge, just like our D last year around this time was right on the verge. These losses have been some of the most encouraging losses I can remember in the history of watching the seahawks.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:44 pm 
NET Pro Bowler

Lions were 12 of 16 on third down. This has been happening ALL DAMNED SEASON!! Good coaching corrects these types of things. When are you going to get a handle on it Pete? It's been half the season now and NOTHING has changed in this area.
Yesterday was a game the Hawks just flat out should've won. I felt the same way after last year's Skins game. Youth or not, it's up to Pete Carroll to teach these young players how to win games against inferior opponents.

To the barren lands

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:45 pm 
NET Veteran

Pstark3 wrote:
Sgt. Largent wrote:
If I'm Paul Allen and I'm paying my coach $7,000,000 a year in his 3rd year, I better damn well be seeing some results by now.

Even though He and JS have brought in ridiculous amounts of cheap, young talent resulting in us being one of the youngest, most physical up and comers of the NFL? If thats not enough to make you believe PC&JS when they say this is a 4 year plan, probably nothing will.

Don't fool yourself, the Hawks currently only have $7,000,000 of cap space, that's nowhere near the bottom.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... -nfl-teams

New England, Green Bay, Broncos, Vikings and Bengals all have more cap space than us.

Sure Carroll has found some diamonds in the rough in the late draft rounds. But he's also given out HUGE contracts to players like Rice, Miller, Lynch, Mebane, Jones and Clemons.........and guess what, all these "cheap, young talented players" are going to be free agents soon.......and guess what good free agents want? That's right more money. Are all these players going to be around for your 4 year plan?

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:45 pm 
NET Veteran

theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Sgt. Largent wrote:

That's a very narrow minded way of looking at things. This team is a damn site better than the 2010 version, and I'd argue the 2011 version too. And that improvement should be celebrated. You don't suddenly wake up one day and become a contender. It can be a slow process. Especially when you have a rookie QB and a lot of young players. To ignore the improvement because the team is 'only' 4-4 at the midway point is OTT.

I was going to respond to that bit, but you handled it much more diplomatically than I wanted to. Kudos, English.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:49 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *

I hope Pete Carroll is not our Mike Singletary.

A coach of a very talented team that can't get them over the hump. Then another guy comes in and wins with the existing talent.

I like Pete. I want him to succeed but there may be the possibility that he is good at building an NFL team more then coaching one.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:50 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

I just don't agree with the perception that the Lions are a mentally soft team. We were beaten by a good football team. Simple as that.

Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:52 pm 
NET Veteran

Tech Worlds wrote:

A coach of a very talented team that can't get them over the hump. Then another guy comes in and wins with the existing talent.

Singletary was in charge of a shambolic mess. He was so unhinged, there was no way he should've ever been given the gig on a full time basis.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:54 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *

theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Tech Worlds wrote:

Singletary was in charge of a shambolic mess. He was so unhinged, there was no way he should've ever been given the gig on a full time basis.

I understand that but he was still the coach of a very talented team. It took another coach to get them to perform

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:56 pm 
* NET Philistine *

Tech Worlds wrote:
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Tech Worlds wrote:

I understand that but he was still the coach of a very talented team. It took another coach to get them to perform

A talented team built built with multiple high picks which is now in its prime (and at the risk of falling off because of their age).

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:57 pm 
* NET Alumni *

SmokinHawk wrote:
I just don't agree with the perception that the Lions are a mentally soft team. We were beaten by a good football team. Simple as that.

Good football teams don't come into this game 2-4. Simple as that.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]