OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":9h4lcpj9 said:
T-Sizzle":9h4lcpj9 said:
pehawk":9h4lcpj9 said:
On the dropped post to Rice and even the TD to Miller, each was a case of the WR needing to trust their QB more. In each case, the receiver assumed the play had stopped behind them. Miller recovered, Rice didn't, unfortunately.

The WR's will learn to run through the ENTIRE play, that Wilson will keep things alive, and they will be found.

It's just unfamiliarity at this point. Would be the same thing with Flynn too.

Who? Its safe to say we don't need to talk about him anymore.

Why not? He is on the team, we need a solid backup as who knows what could happen.

Do you think Redskin fans waste their time talking about Kirk Cousins? Dolphin fans Matt Moore? Bengals fans...i dont even know who the back up is?

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Who? Its safe to say we don't need to talk about him anymore.[/quote]

Why not? He is on the team, we need a solid backup as who knows what could happen.[/quote]

Do you think Redskin fans waste their time talking about Kirk Cousins? Dolphin fans Matt Moore? Bengals fans...i dont even know who the back up is?[/quote]

Dont' really care about other fan sites. People can talk about the backup long snapper for all I care if that is what they choose to talk about.

razor150

Reaction score
A great game? The offense didn't convert on 3rd down till the 3rd quarter. The offense disappeared after the first quarter, again, and for most of the game until the middle of the 4th quarter. In what sense is that good? It happens every game, and that is not good. This site lives in a Russel Wilson bubble always trying to say no matter what he had a good game. You look at his stats and say "Oh, he had a great game." When what was happening on the field says exactly the opposite. He didn't have a bad game, despite the interception that lead to a Lions TD, but under no measure did he have a "great" game.

What he did have was a good drive at the end of the game to take the lead back that the defense promptly lost. Other then that he did not have a good game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pehawk":3ax5g77q said:
On the dropped post to Rice and even the TD to Miller, each was a case of the WR needing to trust their QB more. In each case, the receiver assumed the play had stopped behind them. Miller recovered, Rice didn't, unfortunately.

The WR's will learn to run through the ENTIRE play, that Wilson will keep things alive, and they will be found.

Rice didn't stop, Wilson overthrew him.. and even with that Sidney almost made an amazing catch

The interception was downright terrible, Rice had no one 20 yards near him and Wilson threw it right to the safety.

He's playing better, but those are two throws you have to make in this league.

razor150

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":c9rruag3 said:
pehawk":c9rruag3 said:

Rice didn't stop, Wilson overthrew him.. and even with that Sidney almost made an amazing catch

The interception was downright terrible, Rice had no one 20 yards near him and Wilson threw it right to the safety.

I hate to say this, but no matter how bad of an INT Wilson throws somebody here will always try to pin it on the receiver. Same with overthrows or miscommunication. It was pretty obvious live and on replay Rice didn't give up on the play when he dropped the fingertip grab. At first I thought Miller had given up on the play on his TD, but on replay I didn't see him slowing down, just him adjusting really well to the ball.

MexHawk

Reaction score
He had a great game. I love his progression. Too bad the offense is progressing while the defense seems to be regressing.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
MexHawk":1pq2s2by said:
He had a great game. I love his progression. Too bad the offense is progressing while the defense seems to be regressing.

I think he is improving, but yesterday was far from a great game, only way you have a great game is if you win. The future is bright for RW.

pehawk

Reaction score
Entirely disagree on the Rice fingertip near-catch. He changed his route during.

The Miller TD, yeah, I was wrong on that one. But, no way on the Rice post. He altered his route.

kidhawk

Reaction score
There is no doubt in my mind of two things...

1) Wilson played a very good game overall today. His numbers prove it and just watching the game should be evidence enough. he looked calm and executed well in and out of the pocket (mostly out). Was fairly accurate, although he missed on a few throws. I think every qb has a few throws that aren't on the money, it's the nature of the game, but overall it was a very nice performance. I was very happy to see him getting Rice and Miller involved again. This gives me hope for the future.

2) That INT he threw was on Wilson. Rice had ran his route so that he had gotten past the corner and was well short of the Safety. If Wilson plays catch and throws that ball to Rice, we have a very nice completion and Rice just needs to juke the safety to take it to the house. Instead, Wilson either didn't see the safety and tried to lead Rice, or just plain overthrew him. either way, it was a mistake by Wilson.

mikeak

Reaction score
razor150":2689t2py said:
Rice didn't give up on the play when he dropped the fingertip grab. At first I thought Miller had given up on the play on his TD, but on replay I didn't see him slowing down, just him adjusting really well to the ball.

I agree that Rice didn't give up early BUT

Rice turns his head way early. Whenever you run forward with your head turned backwards you run slower. In this case slower enough that the ball misses with a few inches. When should he have turned his head / turned it back etc - I don't know how the play was exactly laid out / practiced so I can't tell. But you can't look at that play and say WR screwed up / QB screwed up they almost perfectly executed it and some detailed change means that instead of 50+ yards you get nothing. That is the risk with deep balls and to me it was a great play almost perfectly executed and I am not going to blame RW for it not working out. He has shown that the deep ball can be thrown

To his stat also have that long play that got arm-guard / PI in the first half. It doesn't count to his yards but it is a positive play from a deep pass

razor150

Reaction score
I am not blaming RW for the near miss on that fingertip grab. It doesn't take much to throw it off, it is why long balls are a low percentage play. If I would say anything about it, it is that he goes deep too much during a game when things are open underneath. I am not sure if that is something he does on his own or is what Bevell and Carroll want from him. Maybe it is a little of both.

As far as Rice changing his route, don't know if that is true or not, if Rice or Wilson says that is what happened then it is a miscommunication between them. That is something that is solved over time.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
The INT was on Wilson. He forced it late. Saw Rice's arm up and tried to make a play. But I've seen Pro Bowlers make the same sort of throw.

My first impression of the Sydney post pass was that he took a bad angle and knew it. He veered off a step early and it's just one of those things where you hope with more time together the communication and trust is a little better.

Even after the loss I found it hard not to be excited about Wilson. How many 4th quarter scores is that to put us in a position to win? If he keeps it up he's going to help us win a lot of games.

pehawk

Reaction score
razor150":kofixykn said:
I am not blaming RW for the near miss on that fingertip grab. It doesn't take much to throw it off, it is why long balls are a low percentage play. If I would say anything about it, it is that he goes deep too much during a game when things are open underneath. I am not sure if that is something he does on his own or is what Bevell and Carroll want from him. Maybe it is a little of both.

As far as Rice changing his route, don't know if that is true or not, if Rice or Wilson says that is what happened then it is a miscommunication between them. That is something that is solved over time.

I dont know for sure anymore either. At first glance it appeared Miller was expecting anything BUT the ball on the TD, but after further examination that's wrong.

Rice looked to break his route up a bit more than he should have. Again, on first glance, that's what I saw. But, who knows.

BASF

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2eyhireh said:
The ONLY thing that worries me about Wilson right now is the tendency to always escape the pocket to the right when he feels pressure in his face. The commentator yesterday (I believe Tim Ryan) mentioned that he noticed it watching film as well.

This is the best thing he can possibly do since it is usually McQuistan or Giacomini who are getting beaten. With their defender taking the inside line towards where Wilson should be stepping up into, Wilson flushing out to their side forces them to try and change directions. Which, with Wilson's speed, he can easily move away from them and find passing lanes. It also helps that that is his throwing hand, but after that gorgeous pass to Golden Tate across his body while rolling to his left a few games ago, I don't think it's that much of an issue.

HawkWow

Reaction score
His tendency to sprint right worried me going into Motown. I was concerned he would get frustrated with a collapsing pocket and want to throw back to the middle of the field and across his body, getting picked in the process. He didn't do that. He's not your average rookie QB. It won't surprize me if he's ultimately considered the steal of the '12 draft.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":29ip9ma5 said:

And he has made them repeatedly in the last three weeks. The pick was bad, but it wasn't typical of his recent performance nor an example of his continuing failure to develop.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Wilson had an ESPN QBR over 93 in that game. 18th best performance by any QB in the league in the QBR system in all of 2012. Even with the whose fault is it pick.