The Vikings are going to be harder to beat than Detroit

Joey13091

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3t3ybsk5 said:
Anyone who thinks they know what's going to happen the next 8 weeks is just making shit up. Neither you nor I have any clue.

I don't know what's gonna happen. I just want to see improvement on both sides of the ball and maybe a playoff birth? Pretty please.

cesame

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1di4q16p said:
Anyone who thinks they know what's going to happen the next 8 weeks is just making shit up. Neither you nor I have any clue.

Lol. It's actually pretty easy.

This team wins at home and loses on the road. THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE.

Knowing that, it's actually pretty easy to predict what will happen.

Know your team.

NJHawksFan

Reaction score
I can't believe you people saying we'll "win comfortably" after the shit you saw out there today. Keep drinking the kool aid. It pains me to say it but this team is overrated.

OP
OP
S

strohmin

Reaction score
The Vikings defense is much better than the crappy Detroit lions defense we faced today. I have no idea where people are getting the idea that we will win comfortably. I never said Ponder was an elite QB, but I think he is a pretty damn good game manager and will be happy to do dinks and dunks all day if we give it to him.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
NJHawksFan":j5ammk6k said:
I can't believe you people saying we'll "win comfortably" after the shit you saw out there today. Keep drinking the kool aid. It pains me to say it but this team is overrated.

No this team is 4 - 4. Looks like they are rated about right.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Ponder can be an efficient QB when he gets in a rhythm, but he can also be counted on for a few mind-blowingly dumb decisions per game that our defense should be able to capitalize on. Playing at home and getting Jason Jones (and maybe Walter Thurmond) back in the lineup will help our pass rush and make Ponder uncomfortable. He's nowhere near Brady/Stafford's ability to piece together repeated long drives.

Largent80

Reaction score
Nice to see our passing attack get better each week. We are now just like the teams that we have been playing = Desperate.

That makes us much more dangerous to play. And playing at home is a huge advantage for the Hawks.

Peterson may get his yards but we are going to crush Minnehaha.

endzorn

Reaction score
Largent80":9i6rtylr said:
Nice to see our passing attack get better each week. We are now just like the teams that we have been playing = Desperate.

That makes us much more dangerous to play. And playing at home is a huge advantage for the Hawks.

Peterson may get his yards but we are going to crush Minnehaha.
We've played one game that was decided by more than a score. Our defense needs the home crowd and that will help, but I'd be surprised if we crushed any team.

We seem to play at whatever level the opponent brings. On the road we do enough to lose and at home we do enough to win. I think we'll eek one out.

Largent80

Reaction score
We were on the way to crushing Detroit yesterday up 17-7. Then the road defense showed up in the form of zone, which promptly gave up that rainbow TD.

That defense is nowhere near the Clink.

Passing attack is starting to gel.

We be crushin' them.

endzorn

Reaction score
Largent80":2xhbwkzc said:
We were on the way to crushing Detroit yesterday up 17-7. Then the road defense showed up in the form of zone, which promptly gave up that rainbow TD.

That defense is nowhere near the Clink.

Passing attack is starting to gel.

We be crushin' them.
I hope you're right, but I'm not seeing it the same way. We struggle against the small, fast-twitch receivers and Harvin might be the most dangerous. I think Ponder will have a rough time with our crowd though.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I also have the feeling we are going to crush Minnesota. Ponder is playing scared and a trip to Seattle is not a cure for that. Minnesota's D has also been shredded by the run the last two weeks. Bottom line is we arent the same team at home as we are on the road.

Hawks46

Reaction score
"Thus the "nagging" comment. They are bound to come up with an answer eventually..."

One would hope, but I haven't seen evidence of that yet. It's the same things beating us, to some degreee.

We've seen progression on the offensive side. We've seen regression on the defensive side. Our road defense was good in AZ, good in CAR, decent in STL. Then we got beat by the run in SF, which is supposed to be our strongest point. Then, our vaunted secondary gets shredded on the road in Detroit, when they've struggled against everyone but TEN all year, and our pass rush is non existent.

That's why people are on this board wanting to see a complete game. In the games our defense has dominated, our offense has given away by turnovers and bone headed penalties. Yesterday, our offense did enough to win, but our defense gave it away.

Tical21

Reaction score
To those that fear Percy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwyHu9dHUxM

I gotta admit, the Vikes are my 2nd team, due to some good friends that are die-hards. Ponder can get hot, but typically is a Chad Pennington type. I'm afraid of Adrian. Bobby Wagner has some holes to fill, and he'd better do it better than he did against SF. I think Marshawn goes off this week. 150+. Seahawks 20-17.

nanomoz

Reaction score
If you're not afraid of Percy Harvin, you know something that I don't know. He might be the league's MVP thus far.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I think its crazy to act like this game is an easy win. Either the defense, offense, or both could pull one of their disappearing acts we have been seeing all year. Peterson will probably be able to run it up the gut pretty effectively, and you have to think Harvin will be able to get open across the middle. The Vikes have a good defense too. The Hawks are a decent team that can win at home, but they are not good enough to say that any game is a sure win.

MrCarey

Reaction score
If Ponder eats us alive, I will have lost faith in this defense.