Ponder
Sanchez/Tebow
Tannehill
Cutler
Skelton/Kolb
Fitzpatrick
Smith
Bradford.

Not exactly a murderer's row of QB's that we have left to play. I expect our 3rd down Defense to improve drastically and our interception totals to rise signifigantly.

And, I still expect playoffs. (but wont be shocked, or really bummed out, if we dont make it)

Three of those QBs listed already killed us on 3rd down and have a blueprint on how to get it done. This won't get better until coaches make fundamental adjustments to their schemes.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2woa63n1 said:
Ponder
Sanchez/Tebow
Tannehill
Cutler
Skelton/Kolb
Fitzpatrick
Smith
Bradford.

Not exactly a murderer's row of QB's that we have left to play. I expect our 3rd down Defense to improve drastically and our interception totals to rise signifigantly.

And, I still expect playoffs. (but wont be shocked, or really bummed out, if we dont make it)

What? Three of these guys have ALREADY beaten us, Ponder and Tannehill are better than people want to acknowledge, and Cutler is a Probowler.

I sure hope the team doesn't think like this. When they go up against names like Brady, Rodgers and Newton, they actually bring their A game and we win.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SharkHawk":1ty5onlj said:
Doughboy had a good season last year. Lots of guys have a good season. He hasn't been consistently great. Lots of players put up that "one year" and then do jack squat. What has he done before today this season? We're at the halfway point and he has what? 6 TD's or something coming into today? He was awful awful awful all year. Now he's good again so he's last year doughboy again? That's not really comparable. He has sucked this year and just chewed up our D and spit it out. Why couldn't the Hawks do what everybody else did to him this year? Why did the Hawks get outcoached by Linehan? That guy can't coach himself out of anything but jobs.

He was on pace for about 4700 yards coming into today. I agree that he's probably overrated, but the man has weapons and can get hot in a hurry.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
glasgow seahawks":1g43z16x said:
Think getting WT3 back and Jasone Jones will also help too. We need to dial up some different schemes though. Always seems to me to be drop off and let them throw and catch and try and stop them before the line...it aint working whatever it is

A-freakin-men. I'm gonna throw a damn brick through my TV if I have to see our LB's drop back into zone coverage and allow check downs or shallow crosses that turn into 10 yard plays and first downs.

It's not all their fault, our front four got ZERO penetration, which is why we kept having to blitz Thomas off the corner.....which exposed the hot routs for first downs all freakin' day.

djb28

Reaction score
I didn't expect much this season with a Rook. Sure he has made us all googly eyed at times. We have been so close in all these loses. That hurts most. Sometimes I just wish we would get blown out instead. But losing these close ones is what makes the team grow and that is what I expected this season. I think we need to fill a couple holes. I like this team. They seem to like each other and feed off each other.

I do not look at easy opponents or crap QBs to make us better. I like the team to feel threatened! I like them to feel like they have something to prove and I want them to learn to lose to learn to win. Okay, I had enough of losing! Lets go win!

They are playing hard and trying. Watch their body language. See their reactions when they get burned or when the team is pounding it up their gut. They dont like it! And it wasn''t long ago this happened and guys on this team smiled and joked with the opposing team. This team is NOTHING LIKE THAT! We will get better. The problems we have are the same problems each week. It can be fixed. Either by more experience or someone losing their job.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
This has been a consistent problem ever since Carroll has taken the helm........something needs to change on these 3rd and medium-long downs.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
SharkHawk":1iy7kh53 said:
Meh. They still had only 2 wins coming in. To me, that's a team that sucks and should be a victory for a team with a "great defense". We got outcoached by Freddie Mercury. That's awful. The guy is one of the worst coaches I've ever seen. His team DOES have talent, but he always finds a way to blow it. He's that kind of coach. Sort of like Jerry Glanville. Always have great tools, but are an extremely poor craftsman.

The Lions also had 4 of their first 6 games on the road, and against some tough defenses. Remember, this was a playoff team last year and was one of the top offenses in the league. They'd been struggling this year due in part to a tough early schedule. They'd still been getting lots of yards, but were having issues putting up points. They aren't a scrub team by any stretch, and categorizing them as one is a mistake.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Stafford is a very good quarterback. The tape showed it yesterday. He was fitting the ball into a LOT of tight windows yesterday. His game-winner was just a quick boom-boom play on good coverage by Browner.

It's easy to want someone to blame for this loss, and easier still to choose the Seahawks since we feel we have more control over that (ha), but the truth is Seattle had a mildly tough (and injury-induced) day against a very good QB and still forced it down to the final drive.

Uffda

Reaction score
5 home games, a fairly decent chance to win here, atleast one won on the road hopefully, then a wild card spot .

Though , it'll be a road game .

Staffords good but didn't Skelton come off the bench cold and run down the field on us in the 4th quarter for 7 also ? didn't the rams do that too in the 4th ?

Largent80

Reaction score
I think we have a damn fine defense. One achilles heel we do have is the soft middle on passing downs. Every team now knows it is there and we have not adjusted to take it away so expect to see QB's getting the ball out fast until we fix it.

On that long pass for a td, Sherman was actually retreating and Young STILL ran past him easily, I couldn't believe that.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":mn6528qs said:
Stafford is a very good quarterback. The tape showed it yesterday. He was fitting the ball into a LOT of tight windows yesterday. His game-winner was just a quick boom-boom play on good coverage by Browner.

It's easy to want someone to blame for this loss, and easier still to choose the Seahawks since we feel we have more control over that (ha), but the truth is Seattle had a mildly tough (and injury-induced) day against a very good QB and still forced it down to the final drive.

And we should have been in man on that play...no idea why we would be in a zone when the offense is on the 1-yard line, but what the hell do I know - I'm not an NFL defensive coordinator lol.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":ek19kqha said:
And we should have been in man on that play...no idea why we would be in a zone when the offense is on the 1-yard line, but what the hell do I know - I'm not an NFL defensive coordinator lol.

The Hawks were in the same base defense on the goal line as they were pretty much the entire game. Man on man on the outside, and zone in the middle. Stafford recognized it, and threw to a great spot. Game over.

The question to ask is why doesn't Bradley mix it up and disguise his defenses more. Is he so cocky that our D can stop anybody, that he thinks he doesn't have to try and confuse and shift on one of the better QB's in the league? Nope, we're just gonna keep playing soft underneath zone and allow 11 of 16 3rd down conversions.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":21yc23z0 said:
What the hell is your avatar, Sgt. Largent?

It's the greatest Halloween costume of all time. The Press giving Tim Tebow a BJ.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":229cecmq said:
Sgt. Largent":229cecmq said:
Hawk Strap":229cecmq said:
What the hell is your avatar, Sgt. Largent?

It's the greatest Halloween costume of all time. The Press giving Tim Tebow a BJ.

Yes, but that appears to be an actual child with it's face buried in your crotch. Not cool.

1. It's not me.
2. The dummy is wearing a fedora and it says "Press" on his back, not exactly a boy scouts uniform. So pump the brakes on the outrage-mobile.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":11623ubc said:
1. It is you, otherwise what's the point?

2. The 'dummy' looks very real to these eyes. It's maybe a smidge too tall to be pehawk, but that makes it all the more outrageous, since it appears to be a child. even if it IS a dummy, it still looks like a child. Still not cool.

Are you this anal retentive in real life?

I hate Tim Tebow, so I find the costume hilarious. Whether it appeals to you is of no concern to me. Now this is where we move on with our lives.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2x41j9f0 said:
Sgt. Largent":2x41j9f0 said:
peachesenregalia":2x41j9f0 said:
1. It is you, otherwise what's the point?

2. The 'dummy' looks very real to these eyes. It's maybe a smidge too tall to be pehawk, but that makes it all the more outrageous, since it appears to be a child. even if it IS a dummy, it still looks like a child. Still not cool.

Are you this anal retentive in real life?

I hate Tim Tebow, so I find the costume hilarious. Whether it appeals to you is of no concern to me. Now this is where we move on with our lives.

It's got nothing to do with appeal, and more about my concerns regarding child abuse/pehawk.

I bet you're one of those parents that makes the entire school cancel Halloween or Christmas because your kid has a peanut allergy or protested no religion in schools.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Our D disappointed me yesterday. However, I am enjoying this season so much. It's a great group of talented guys who are just going to get better.