After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Chip block then let go...requires a quick out by the QB. Maybe a roll out where the TE just holds his block a moment then let's go. Would be nice if we actually ran basic plays to the TE. You know, TE 101 type stuff. Is it too much to ask for from Bevell and Wilson?

kf3339

Reaction score
Largent80":20v2y0cq said:
That is because he is an offensive lineman now.

This is so true it's become comical to me. Why the team ever decided to bring him in just to be a blocking TE is just ridiculous. He is far too valuable to be wasted in this manner.

What this team really needs to do is find an exclusive blocking TE who would be that extra O-Lineman and have Miller be the second TE who runs passing routes predominately.
There has to be plenty of these type of blocking TE's out there for the team to find. They are not in that much demand.

If we can't find one then make Sweazy into a blocking TE for this year to help our right tackle. Is that so hard to figure out for Cable and PC?

Largent80

Reaction score
kf3339":3t5u0yve said:
Largent80":3t5u0yve said:
That is because he is an offensive lineman now.

This is so true it's become comical to me. Why the team ever decided to bring him in just to be a blocking TE is just ridiculous. He is far too valuable to be wasted in this manner.

What this team really needs to do is find an exclusive blocking TE who would be that extra O-Lineman and have Miller be the second TE who runs passing routes predominately.
There has to be plenty of these type of blocking TE's out there for the team to find. They are not in that much demand.

If we can't find one then make Sweazy into a blocking TE for this year to help our right tackle. Is that so hard to figure out for Cable and PC?

Exactly. he was a pro bowl pass catching TE, and here he is just a body on the line. This is a huge problem I have with people that say our O-Line is ok or even good. They ARE NOT.

zhawk

Reaction score
SeaMeat":ni8j7tmc said:
lukerguy":ni8j7tmc said:
SeaMeat":ni8j7tmc said:
I loved when we signed Miller and am PISSED that we are not using him as we should.

I hope he doesn't fall prey to the Law of Diminished Returns.

The Law of Dimished returns states that in all productive processes, adding more of one factor of production, while holding all others constant, will at some point yield lower per-unit returns. For example, if you have one piece of really good pizza- the 2nd piece won't taste quite as good.

I'm not sure how this fits in with Miller- we haven't had a good piece of pizza yet, because we fail to utilize him as nothing more than a blocker.

Correct, and as he is used more as a blocking TE his catching abilities will diminish.

i'm not so sure his catching abilities would diminish(you know, the once you learn to ride a bicycle syndome). mayge his opportunities.... but that will evolve. :179422:

Happypuppy

Reaction score
We only pass in the low 20's in an entire game. Divide it up over 5-6 and a 50% completion rate and 2-3 is all that can be expected. Miller is a really valuable player blocks and catches well. He is not utilized enough , nor is Rice.

Until they decide to pass more ( which i don't see happening soon)that will continue to be the case

Bakergirl

Reaction score
With Baldwin down for the count I think we may see an increased amount of plays that actually involve our TE's in the game. Wilson is going to need all the help he can get.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
They will have to let him go next year. There is no way to justify his salary at that level of production, crappy scheme or not.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":3tfwueib said:
. This is a huge problem I have with people that say our O-Line is ok or even good. They ARE NOT.

They are a good RUN blocking O-Line, and the stats prove that. But I can't understand why that doesn't equate to at least a decent pass blocking line.......especially for a unit that's now been together a year, so the communication should be good.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It's been well-documented that Zach Miller's run-blocking is a big part of the line's success. That's a big part of what Pete is paying him for.

We naturally disagree because Miller is eligible to catch passes and we're looking in every nook and cranny to find ways to boost the passing game, but hey, Pete has built the entire offense around the run game. Take it up with him.

Latest posts