Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Offering a glimmer of hope...
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:11 pm 
USMC 1970-77

I'm a guy who spends most of my time on :179417: , of course, so offered with a grain of salt.

But, suppose what we're seeing is a result of concentration of our head coach and staff on a particular aspect of the team, and other parts of the team have suffered because of it.....

What we saw, finally, in Detroit was the emergence of the offense as a legitimate strength of the team. Perhaps the coaching staff has been concentrating on the offense the past few weeks while they got the passing game going. That effort has paid off. Meanwhile, though, our defense has been regressing noticeably.

Suppose that now, Pete focuses more on defense for the next game or two. He's known as a defensive minded coach for a reason. He's got to be annoyed at the performance in Detroit to the point that they're going to get most of his attention this week. I imagine he'll be sitting down with Bradley and the D coaches on the plane ride home to start working on fixes.

That and home cooking will get us back on track for Minnesota. I'm still hopeful....

As I've said elsewhere, if we can make it to Thanksgiving or so at around .500, we could get on a roll and do some damage. We're still very much playoff eligible IMHO.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Post subject: Re: Offering a glimmer of hope...
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:15 pm 
* Glitter over Knives *

Sounds like you're chillin'

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:18 pm 
USMC 1970-77

bestfightstory wrote:
Sounds like you're chillin'

Can't change what's already happened.

I'm right on schedule for my pre-season prediction, so it's not time to worry yet.

:)

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:24 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *

That's it! I am chillin too!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:04 pm 
NET Veteran

Chiiiill! ..... and wait for Jason Jones to get healthy. We need better depth at DT. Hope we see more roster churning in the off season.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:18 pm 
NET Rookie

yeah I think pass rush is still a need next year love bruce clem and jason jones. Just can't have enough pass rushers see 2011 Giants.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:54 am 
NET Veteran

BAllenHawk wrote:
yeah I think pass rush is still a need next year love bruce clem and jason jones. Just can't have enough pass rushers see 2011 Giants.

Yep. If all of the above players could somehow stay healthy, I'd say we have a fighting chance as is, but you know the reality of that notion. Fighting attrition due to injuries every year is part of the game, so we need to beef up the depth. I had high hopes for Scruggs, but it seems he's not an adequate back-up for JJ.

As you said, the Giants are a great example of being able to plug in the next guy and keep rolling. Their D-line has got to be one of the deepest (quality wise) in the NFL...and it makes up for a great many shortcomings in their secondary.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:06 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

sutz wrote:
I'm a guy who spends most of my time on :179417: , of course, so offered with a grain of salt.

But, suppose what we're seeing is a result of concentration of our head coach and staff on a particular aspect of the team, and other parts of the team have suffered because of it.....

What we saw, finally, in Detroit was the emergence of the offense as a legitimate strength of the team. Perhaps the coaching staff has been concentrating on the offense the past few weeks while they got the passing game going. That effort has paid off. Meanwhile, though, our defense has been regressing noticeably.

Suppose that now, Pete focuses more on defense for the next game or two. He's known as a defensive minded coach for a reason. He's got to be annoyed at the performance in Detroit to the point that they're going to get most of his attention this week. I imagine he'll be sitting down with Bradley and the D coaches on the plane ride home to start working on fixes.

That and home cooking will get us back on track for Minnesota. I'm still hopeful....

As I've said elsewhere, if we can make it to Thanksgiving or so at around .500, we could get on a roll and do some damage. We're still very much playoff eligible IMHO.

How dare you come here after a loss and be optimistic! :mrgreen:

But seriously, I'm buying what you're selling!! :th2thumbs:

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:30 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

Agreed. I imagine Pete is going to throw himself into the defense this week...

We have to find a way to snag one of our remaining three road games. Miami is going to be a tough game, and of course Chicago is. Buffalo probably will as well.

We have to find a way to make the plays needed to pull out the road wins - that's what will take us to the next level.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]