I'm chillin'

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1sn1r3qt said:
Allright! We will get em next year!

Frankly, I sick of this "manana"(Spanish) rhetoric. I keep hearing how we are supposedly getting better with every year and every game since Pete and his coaching staff have arrived. Well...our win-loss record says otherwise. Guess what...an "almost win" is still a loss in my book. It seems that our players just aren't "pissed off" enough to win on the Road. Should the Vikings whip our ass next week, I am done caring about this season.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I don't care one way or the other, either.

Meh.

Meh.

Meh.

Why bother?
Might just skip flying to Seattle next week for the game. And Toronto, too. Hell. We will get 'me next year!

That's the spirit of 12 talkin!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Let's all just chill because it's okay to lose. Yeh I am content with losing because I didn't think we were that good anyhow. Yeh its okay. Next year is our year guys! Look how much we have improved!

I am so tired of mediocrity. But what makes it even harder are the fans who accept being mediocre.

Maybe you all will care more next year when blackouts creep in and you can't watch the games on tv anymore.

I like Pete Carroll. But he needs to start winning games.

smashmouth59

Reaction score
"what makes it even harder are the fans who accept being mediocre."

Sorry for making it harder on you. Lord knows you have it hard enough as it is.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":jgjwkroc said:
Let's all just chill because it's okay to lose. Yeh I am content with losing because I didn't think we were that good anyhow. Yeh its okay. Next year is our year guys! Look how much we have improved!

I am so tired of mediocrity. But what makes it even harder are the fans who accept being mediocre.

Maybe you all will care more next year when blackouts creep in and you can't watch the games on tv anymore.

Not all of us choose to be as miserable after losses like this as you do. And I doubt that the Hawks will be blacked out next year.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":k48n3nsw said:

I saw nothing in this thread that suggests anyone is content with mediocrity. You make it sound like the FO is still dicking around with TJack and CW and losing games without trying to improve the team, yet the fan base is still saying "oh well, better luck next time". Nobody is saying that and those you perceive to be less-than-militant are actually considering the fact this is a process and are not overly surprized our rookie is not leading this young squad to a 2012 SB victory.

All things considered, anything over .500 should be considered promising under the circumstances and like yourself, most like Pete Carroll. Few want him to win fewer games.

TLD0550

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2pbpoayj said:
I'm with ya. We only get 16 gamedays a year, i'm going to enjoy them win or lose.
Frustrated? Yes but the best comment Ive seen on here in weeks

jkitsune

Reaction score
I've never understood the need some have for everyone to jump off a cliff with them. As if somehow things will be better if no one tries to stay calm after disappointing losses. Somehow it's just unacceptable to acknowledge that there's actually some good stuff happening to the Seahawks and be hopeful for that - no, that's just being 'content with mediocrity.'

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":wzkxiacn said:

Old schtick is old. We are building a championship team. Chill.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
We're 8-0 in moral victories! Maybe we can make the moral playoffs where we don't keep score and everyone's a winner!

jkitsune

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1oowwqqb said:
We're 8-0 in moral victories! Maybe we can make the moral playoffs where we don't keep score and everyone's a winner!

That's actually pretty funny. Cheers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jkitsune":1iz73e43 said:
I've never understood the need some have for everyone to jump off a cliff with them. As if somehow things will be better if no one tries to stay calm after disappointing losses. Somehow it's just unacceptable to acknowledge that there's actually some good stuff happening to the Seahawks and be hopeful for that - no, that's just being 'content with mediocrity.'

Sorry dude, but the NFL is no place for moral victories......save that stuff for high school and college.

I'm glad our offense finally put a decent game together, but what happened with the D should alarm you. This is now eight games into a season where the defense can't get off the damn field on 3rd down. Why? Wasn't this suppose to be the Legion of Boom? What happened to our pass rush? We couldn't even pressure a bad O-Line without blitzing. Why do our LB's continue to drop too deep on 3rd and long and give up 10-15 yard plays for first downs?

This game was extra frustrating because there's no way in hell with this D that we lose a game where the offense scores 24 points. Inexcusable.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2vgrzkve said:
jkitsune":2vgrzkve said:

Sorry dude, but the NFL is no place for moral victories......save that stuff for high school and college.

I'm glad our offense finally put a decent game together, but what happened with the D should alarm you. This is now eight games into a season where the defense can't get off the damn field on 3rd down. Why? Wasn't this suppose to be the Legion of Boom? What happened to our pass rush? We couldn't even pressure a bad O-Line without blitzing. Why do our LB's continue to drop too deep on 3rd and long and give up 10-15 yard plays for first downs?

This game was extra frustrating because there's no way in hell with this D that we lose a game where the offense scores 24 points. Inexcusable.

Take the straw man to another thread. I didn't say anything about a moral victory. It's a loss, and a shitty one. But I think it's ridiculous to act as if the team is devoid of potential or the future looks any less bright for having failed today.

And no, the D shouldn't 'alarm' me. The 3rd down scheme alarms me, yes, and I think the LBs dropping back that deep is likely a result of playcalling. I could be wrong - I'm no expert on this sort of thing. Our inconsistent pass rush is a weakness that needs to be addressed, just like our LBs used to be a weakness, and our DBs used to be a weakness, and our run D used to be a weakness. Weaknesses get taken care of over time, and year after year weaknesses have been checked off.

QB was a weakness. We seem to have a solution. OL was a weakness. It's improved dramatically and, IMO, has improved during this year as well. Our running game was ATROCIOUS (remember the years where we couldn't even score a rushing TD?), and now it's a strength. If you don't see a pattern that gives you any comfort in the wake of a disappointing loss, then that really sucks for you. Honestly. That's got to be a really exhausting way to follow a Seattle sports team.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":3nkha1a3 said:
Tech Worlds":3nkha1a3 said:

Old schtick is old. We are building a championship team. Chill.

Everyone is building a championship team. Proof is in the pudding.

You can chill if you want, but this team is far from championship quality and I refuse to act like it is.

Mase

Reaction score
-- Why do some people go on these negative rants?, because it's easy, and they want the chance to say I told you so. They never want to just give the other team some frigging credit. That was a great throw by Stafford to Young to beat us. Were there things I don't agree with, sure. I wish they would have moved Red inside near the end to get more speed on the edge. But maybe they had a very legit reason for doing something else. Fact is, I don't know, and neither do you. But we can all ramble on about coaching mistakes, and getting "outcoached". Maybe Wilson is still very mistake prone in practice, so they try not to put too much on him. The bit I don't get is if you think we are so bad, then losing on the road to a team like the Lions shouldn't surprise you. You should only be disappointed if you think we are a good team. But don't let logic get in the way of a good rant.

-- My favorite line of tripe is "maybe you accept losing, but I don't" Really, what have you done to show how unaccepting you are? Post comments on a board like this? Maybe skip a game because you are so smart you just KNOW we are going to get our tails handed to us? Yeah, some guys even missed one of the most exciting games in Seahawk history due to that attitude. I hate losing, but I know young teams take a bit to build, especially in cohesion and confidence. The kids soccer team I coach was 1-2-1 in September, but we have now hit our stride and got our confidence up, and were 4-0 (outscoring our opponents 19-0). It can come together, and it can happen suddenly. I had hoped for 4-4 in the first half of the season, but admit to being greedy over the last two weeks knowing how close we were to 6-2. But we are exactly where I originally thought we would be. But I am even more optimistic for the second half than I originally was. I am impressed with Wilson's progress. I thought 5-3 would be the best we could do. I now see 6-2, maybe 7-1 with some breaks. But you know what, even if we go 1-7 the rest of the way, I'll still watch, I'll still cheer. I don't quit, and you should be ashamed of yourself if you do.

Mase

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Mase":2ioxhaq9 said:
-- Why do some people go on these negative rants?, because it's easy, and they want the chance to say I told you so. They never want to just give the other team some frigging credit. That was a great throw by Stafford to Young to beat us. Were there things I don't agree with, sure. I wish they would have moved Red inside near the end to get more speed on the edge. But maybe they had a very legit reason for doing something else. Fact is, I don't know, and neither do you. But we can all ramble on about coaching mistakes, and getting "outcoached". Maybe Wilson is still very mistake prone in practice, so they try not to put too much on him. The bit I don't get is if you think we are so bad, then losing on the road to a team like the Lions shouldn't surprise you. You should only be disappointed if you think we are a good team. But don't let logic get in the way of a good rant.

-- My favorite line of tripe is "maybe you accept losing, but I don't" Really, what have you done to show how unaccepting you are? Post comments on a board like this? Maybe skip a game because you are so smart you just KNOW we are going to get our tails handed to us? Yeah, some guys even missed one of the most exciting games in Seahawk history due to that attitude. I hate losing, but I know young teams take a bit to build, especially in cohesion and confidence. The kids soccer team I coach was 1-2-1 in September, but we have now hit our stride and got our confidence up, and were 4-0 (outscoring our opponents 19-0). It can come together, and it can happen suddenly. I had hoped for 4-4 in the first half of the season, but admit to being greedy over the last two weeks knowing how close we were to 6-2. But we are exactly where I originally thought we would be. But I am even more optimistic for the second half than I originally was. I am impressed with Wilson's progress. I thought 5-3 would be the best we could do. I now see 6-2, maybe 7-1 with some breaks. But you know what, even if we go 1-7 the rest of the way, I'll still watch, I'll still cheer. I don't quit, and you should be ashamed of yourself if you do.

Mase

Huh?