This team isn't ready for anything.......

Seeker

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3a8oc8me said:
Jets Cardinals and Rams are wins, the rest who knows. That gives us a min of 7 wins.

we lost to two of those three teams. I wouldn't call anygame (not even the jets) and automatic with this team. We dig deep and find a way to lose everytime.

cesame

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":234iv26u said:
Jets Cardinals and Rams are wins, the rest who knows. That gives us a min of 7 wins.

Minnesota is a win

rjdriver

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":18covuhz said:

If the Jets, Cards, and Rams convert 75% of their third down conversions, they are losses. With this coaching staff and third down defense, there are no guaranteed wins. Period.

I'm sick of what we "should be". What we are is a pretty good team at home, and a bad team on the road. Nothing more, nothing less.

Go Hawks '

cesame

Reaction score
rjdriver":3sqbi87f said:
NFSeahawks628":3sqbi87f said:

If the Jets, Cards, and Rams convert 75% of their third down conversions, they are losses. With this coaching staff and third down defense, there are no guaranteed wins. Period.

I'm sick of what we "should be". What we are is a pretty good team at home, and a bad team on the road. Nothing more, nothing less.

Go Hawks '

The Seahawks don't lose to those teams at home. Not a chance.

They'll beat Minnesota next week at home as well

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Joey13091":3va6glr3 said:
Am I wrong to be losing faith in this team and not really caring to watch them anymore?
Ditto that. I don't care if we lose, so long as we're playing reasonably well. That didn't happen today, IMO. We knew they were going to pass all day long, no secret there at all. And guess what? They threw all day long. But it was like a big suprise to the D. Sure they held Johnson, but Detroit has 11 players on the team.

I've said it so many times I've lost count: we cannot stop the 5-12 yard pass. And where was our pass rush that's supposed to be so improved?

Bah. Terrible play.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
mrblitz":3e4nmnt4 said:
can pete take this team to the next level?
He absolutely has taken them to the next level,,,,downward.
The D-line needs to get a hell of a lot better at killing the opponents 3rd down conversions,,That cost us this game today, excuses aren't what we need to hear, but get ready Seahawks fans,,,,,,,,,, get ready.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
This team lost on the road by 4 points to the #4 offense. The title of this thread is better reserved for a team that lost by 20 points at home to the #31 offense.

Digsbone

Reaction score
This Loss hurt, we had a chance we put up a couple TD's but, our D laid a fat egg. I know our D is always bailing us out put we got made a fool by fill-in WR's in our secoundary.

rjdriver

Reaction score
cesame":2bhc6jit said:
rjdriver":2bhc6jit said:
NFSeahawks628":2bhc6jit said:

Go Hawks '

The Seahawks don't lose to those teams at home. Not a chance.

They'll beat Minnesota next week at home as well

Perhaps cesame, perhaps. But your post only proves that we are not an elite team. Teams that are ready to take the next step, don't need home qualifiers before stating "This is a winnable game"

I still stand by my statement that if we allow 75% third down conversion rate, we will lose. I don't care where we are or whom it is against.

glasgow seahawks

Reaction score
We need to change it up on 3rd down. This 7-8 dropping into a zone aint working....send 5-6 on the blitz and try something different.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Losing to the biggest loser team in the history of this century means that NO games are guaranteed.

ensett

Reaction score
glasgow seahawks":e6lbttb4 said:
We need to change it up on 3rd down. This 7-8 dropping into a zone aint working....send 5-6 on the blitz and try something different.

Yeah, I feel like 3rd and long situations would be the best time to send pressure, because you pretty much know what they are going to do

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
We are 4-4, which at the beginning of the season was right where we hoped to be. 3-5 was a distinct possibility and 5-3 was unlikely. At 4-4 we figured to go 6-2 the rest of the way and end up 10-6.

Don't let anyone tell you 10-6 won't make it in the NFC, it will and here's why:

Three teams are ahead of us in the wildcard race - Green Bay, Minnesota and Arizona. AZ plays SF tomorrow and it would help us out if SF beat them. That would put us tied with AZ and we play them at home. We win, they're out. We have Minnesota to play, we beat them, we hold the tie breaker. then there's Green Bay, we already beat them and hold the tiebreaker.

So our fate is almost in our own hands. A SF victory would put our fate entirely in our own hands.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Blitzer88":11sf0f4n said:
Any type of positive vibes have completely gone away now........no words to describe how disappointed I am.

I agree, by far the most disappointing loss of the year.

Our offensive finally gets their poop together, and the damn defense can't hold a lead OR even get off the field on 3rd down.

The good news is we don't have to debate whether this is an elite defense anymore with comparisons to the 2000 Ravens.

rideaducati

Reaction score
None of you can see the forest because the trees are in the way.

Sure, this was a loss, but if you look past the loss, there is a lot to like about this game. The offense scored touchdowns on two redzone opportunities and Russell looked MUCH more poised in the pocket all day. He didn't bail too soon. He made throws in a closing pocket. He spread the ball all over. The offense took a huge step forward.

The offensive line pass blocked quite well today which is something we haven't seen a whole lot of this season. They did it against a pretty good D line too. The run blocking didn't look that good, but I'm pretty sure they have been emphasizing pass blocking for several weeks at practice...and it is starting to show.

There is a lot to like about this team and there are high expectations all around so it hurts a bit more when they lose. But, it takes time to become a group that works together well. Last year it took 8 weeks before the offense found a sort of groove. The Seahawks are already ahead of where they were last year and have a great opportunity in front of them now to win a bunch of games.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1g1uaax9 said:
:240039:

Obligatory Chicken Little post, I assume. Carry on, then. Eeyore approves.

Why do you have to call people names? Nobody is calling you a Homer when you post.