The one bright light I was looking for today

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Was a Seahawk win. Reason I am saying this is my area in NY is about to get annihilated by the hurricane. News reports here are calling it "the perfect storm". Worst storm ever to hit NY. Areas all around me, I live on Long Island about 1/4 mile from LI Sound, are being evacuated. The Hawks were one only hope to salvage something good this Sunday. Being a Hawks fan since 83 I'm kinda used to it not going my way. Well gotta go and batten down the hatches.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• Good luck to ALL east coast Seahawk fans (and people in general). Stay safe.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Stay safe out there guys. A Seahawk loss is nothing compared to losing some Seahawk fans out there.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Hawks46 wrote:Stay safe out there guys. A Seahawk loss is nothing compared to losing some Seahawk fans out there.

Too true, best of luck to you and yours, maybe when the hurricane dies down you can stick another post up here letting us know your ok?

Stay safe.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

• Don't worry about the loss. Just make sure you are ok. Plenty of Hawk victories to come in the future.
    strohmin
    NET Starter

• Good luck and stay safe. Hope you and your family pull through unscathed.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Yeah, take care of business and don't forget to check back in when you can.

Best of luck to you and yours.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Best of wishes to you and yours. May you all make it through unscathed.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• Hurricane is bearing down on us. Praying we don't get any flooding or major damage....and hope power stays on.

Could have been in a good mood today if the defense could stop a 3rd and long.

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• hunker down and stay safe, we'll see you on the other side of the storm.. go hawks!!!!!
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Trust me, I know how you feel dude...

That was how I felt watching the game yesterday. To make matters worse, my favorite soccer team Athletic Bilbao lost as well and are mired in a relegation fight. Just got some brews, blunts, Arizona, water, and cold cuts (the essentials) and me and the girlfriend are ready to be Riders on the Storm.

Stay safe to all my fellow 12's on the east coast. We're gonna be alright.

But damn! Why couldn't the 'Hawks pull it out yesterday? Tough one... Gus Bradley's 3rd down defensive calls and empty shotguns on 3rd down will be in my head all day haha
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• Life is far more important than sports -- be safe!
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Stay safe Seabowl. Maybe the forecasters will be wrong. They frequently are.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Hang in there. It's looking rough.
    endzorn
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• FlyingGreg wrote:Life is far more important than sports -- be safe!

Maybe on Mondays after a loss...
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• So far only real damage for me is a tree crashing through my pool cover. I have to say that I have never felt wind like this (sustained winds of 70mph and gusts up to 100+). Many of my co-workers have been evacuated and homes are now the worlds largest fish bowls. Huge damage everywhere and the storm has not officially reached us. I am not sure how but the power has remained on somewhat. Going to be a rough night but as a NY'er all we say to this stuff like this is fugetaboutit.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• Hang in there bro. I went through some doozies in Seattle when I lived there. The "innagural day" storm in 1992 (?) The Thanksgiving Day storm in about '87, and the worst one about 6 years ago. Man, mother nature is fierce.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• The Pacific Northwest has it good when it comes to violent weather. Apart from the occasional squall and the very rare tornado, there's virtually nothing to worry about.

To those of you in the storm's path, please err on the side of caution.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• Power out. Listening to mnf on radio in dark. Drinking Dewars 12 year old scotch. Wife and kids asleep. Winds howling. One huge tree down in my backyard. Pls die down soon sandy.

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• Best wishes to those in the affected areas and those who posted above from all in Ireland, our thoughts are with you and hope your doing ok.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

• Finally over!!!! Again I live in long island and am 1/4 mile from the water. It was a sick storm. Just got my power back tonight from Monday. Still have tons of trees down and the lines to get gas stretch 1/2 mile. Slept with no heat last night and saw my breath in front of me while still in bed. You don't know what you have until you don't have it (maybe like the bowl for us Hawks fans). Well time to defrost, get the power lines off my driveway and fix my pool. Thanks for everyone's support.

Go Hawks!!!!!
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• Glad you made it thru it ok. When I lived in Seattle in 2006 or 07 we had basically a hurricane. The power was out for over 7 days at our place and after the storm it got down in the teens at night.

I kinda know what you are going thru.

Hang in there bro !!!!

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:15 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information