This team isn't ready for anything.......

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
This team isn't ready for anything.......
Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:02 pm
  • Any type of positive vibes have completely gone away now........no words to describe how disappointed I am.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• 0-3 in the division. .500 team and very average. bad on the road. losing to a 2 win Lions team.

Pathetic. call me mr. pessimist... Season Over.

go TEXANS!!!!
    WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!
    Hawksfanatik
    NET Veteran

• We made big time progress in red zone offense.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• I waited 10 days for that?
    Feed the Hawk
    NET Rookie

• Am I wrong to be losing faith in this team and not really caring to watch them anymore? I am a die hard seahawks fan but I hate losing and that's all they do as of late. I'm not hopeful we can win any of our upcoming games.
    Joey13091
    NET Veteran

• Jets Cardinals and Rams are wins, the rest who knows. That gives us a min of 7 wins.
    "Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan after Super Bowl XLVIII
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

• Hard to stay optimistic at this point. We can't win on the road.
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

• Was just thinking this. I'm seeing a lot of Tampa 2 on D and it's becoming predictable. Tampa 2 you have Wagner/MLB in the 15-20 yard range in a deeper zone and teams for 3 weeks now have been stressing that vacated area and making the OLBs choose to cover between them or outside of them. They're also getting into that flag area between the corner and safety and making the corner choose to cover shallow or get deeper for the WR along the sideline. Teams have been attacking us perfectly and we have not adjusted. We need to diversify our portfolio. Entirely too much Tampa 2 and not enough press man. OTOH we went 3 deep zone on the long touchdown and Sherman finally gives up a TD for the first time and let the douche behind him like he was jogging. Huge mental error.

You cannot fault the offense this week. The D laid a complete egg overall and has been on a downhill slope since NE and I don't care if it's NE that started it. IMO, most of it has to do with coaching too. We've become predictable.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• if we go 7 and 9 again pete is eather fired or butt on the hotseat.
    God Bless America and God Bless the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TEZ

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
    @TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.
    hawkcrazzed
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• can pete take this team to the next level?
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

• NFSeahawks628 wrote:Jets Cardinals and Rams are wins, the rest who knows. That gives us a min of 7 wins.

You can still predict wins after what you saw today? I'll have what you're drinking.
    "I'm gonna call him--what do you call the guy on the trampoline?--Harry Houdini or something like that." -Warren Moon on Golden Tate
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

• hawkcrazzed wrote:if we go 7 and 9 again pete is eather fired or butt on the hotseat.

And should be. We have talent and are not putting it all together on the field. I love the Pete preaches the basics of football so much. It's extremely important. Game planning has been highly inconsistent. Maybe coordinators will be on hotter seats....
    Last edited by vin.couve12 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• I highly doubt that. Lack of attention to detail in my opinion.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

• hawkcrazzed wrote:if we go 7 and 9 again pete is eather fired or butt on the hotseat.

No chance.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• mrblitz wrote:can pete take this team to the next level?

Yes, and do u remember what the team looked like 3 years ago?
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• T-Sizzle wrote:
    mrblitz wrote:can pete take this team to the next level?

Yes, and do u remember what the team looked like 3 years ago?

Yes, losing games on the road just like now.

:stirthepot:
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• What does what the team looked like 3 years ago matter? This team now should be performing a lot better than it is
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

• MANUNITED23 wrote:I highly doubt that. Lack of attention to detail in my opinion.

It's possible. Depends on what happens going forward. We can still make the playoffs, but what you just stated as the problem ultimately falls on the coaches and HC. Pete may not be directly threated, but his is the HC's responsibility to get things squared away. That means changes could be made.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• NFSeahawks628 wrote:Jets Cardinals and Rams are wins, the rest who knows. That gives us a min of 7 wins.

After watching this, this Defensive farce, I wouldn't bet on beating ANY of our remaining games at home or away.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• this is year 3 of the rebuild we should be doing better then this. and instead look like we are regressing.
    God Bless America and God Bless the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TEZ

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
    @TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.
    hawkcrazzed
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

we lost to two of those three teams. I wouldn't call anygame (not even the jets) and automatic with this team. We dig deep and find a way to lose everytime.
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

Minnesota is a win
    cesame
    NET Veteran

If the Jets, Cards, and Rams convert 75% of their third down conversions, they are losses. With this coaching staff and third down defense, there are no guaranteed wins. Period.

I'm sick of what we "should be". What we are is a pretty good team at home, and a bad team on the road. Nothing more, nothing less.

Go Hawks '
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• rjdriver wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:Jets Cardinals and Rams are wins, the rest who knows. That gives us a min of 7 wins.

If the Jets, Cards, and Rams convert 75% of their third down conversions, they are losses. With this coaching staff and third down defense, there are no guaranteed wins. Period.

I'm sick of what we "should be". What we are is a pretty good team at home, and a bad team on the road. Nothing more, nothing less.

Go Hawks '

The Seahawks don't lose to those teams at home. Not a chance.

They'll beat Minnesota next week at home as well
    cesame
    NET Veteran

• Joey13091 wrote:Am I wrong to be losing faith in this team and not really caring to watch them anymore?

Ditto that. I don't care if we lose, so long as we're playing reasonably well. That didn't happen today, IMO. We knew they were going to pass all day long, no secret there at all. And guess what? They threw all day long. But it was like a big suprise to the D. Sure they held Johnson, but Detroit has 11 players on the team.

I've said it so many times I've lost count: we cannot stop the 5-12 yard pass. And where was our pass rush that's supposed to be so improved?

Bah. Terrible play.
    Terry
    (The Lurker)
    tdlabrie
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• mrblitz wrote:can pete take this team to the next level?

He absolutely has taken them to the next level,,,,downward.
    The D-line needs to get a hell of a lot better at killing the opponents 3rd down conversions,,That cost us this game today, excuses aren't what we need to hear, but get ready Seahawks fans,,,,,,,,,, get ready.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Well, at least we're not the Cowboys
    Feed the Hawk
    NET Rookie

• This team lost on the road by 4 points to the #4 offense. The title of this thread is better reserved for a team that lost by 20 points at home to the #31 offense.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• This Loss hurt, we had a chance we put up a couple TD's but, our D laid a fat egg. I know our D is always bailing us out put we got made a fool by fill-in WR's in our secoundary.
    Digsbone
    Alaskas Biggest Seahawks fan.
    Digsbone
    NET Rookie

• cesame wrote:
    rjdriver wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:Jets Cardinals and Rams are wins, the rest who knows. That gives us a min of 7 wins.

Go Hawks '

The Seahawks don't lose to those teams at home. Not a chance.

They'll beat Minnesota next week at home as well

Perhaps cesame, perhaps. But your post only proves that we are not an elite team. Teams that are ready to take the next step, don't need home qualifiers before stating "This is a winnable game"

I still stand by my statement that if we allow 75% third down conversion rate, we will lose. I don't care where we are or whom it is against.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• We need to change it up on 3rd down. This 7-8 dropping into a zone aint working....send 5-6 on the blitz and try something different.
    glasgow seahawks
    NET Starter

• Losing to the biggest loser team in the history of this century means that NO games are guaranteed.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• Amidst all the negativity (whether deserved or not) I think we all need some perspective.
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55312&p=744624#p744624
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

• glasgow seahawks wrote:We need to change it up on 3rd down. This 7-8 dropping into a zone aint working....send 5-6 on the blitz and try something different.

Yeah, I feel like 3rd and long situations would be the best time to send pressure, because you pretty much know what they are going to do
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

• We are 4-4, which at the beginning of the season was right where we hoped to be. 3-5 was a distinct possibility and 5-3 was unlikely. At 4-4 we figured to go 6-2 the rest of the way and end up 10-6.

Don't let anyone tell you 10-6 won't make it in the NFC, it will and here's why:

Three teams are ahead of us in the wildcard race - Green Bay, Minnesota and Arizona. AZ plays SF tomorrow and it would help us out if SF beat them. That would put us tied with AZ and we play them at home. We win, they're out. We have Minnesota to play, we beat them, we hold the tie breaker. then there's Green Bay, we already beat them and hold the tiebreaker.

So our fate is almost in our own hands. A SF victory would put our fate entirely in our own hands.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Nope wont happen
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• :240039:

Obligatory Chicken Little post, I assume. Carry on, then. Eeyore approves.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Blitzer88 wrote:Any type of positive vibes have completely gone away now........no words to describe how disappointed I am.

I agree, by far the most disappointing loss of the year.

Our offensive finally gets their poop together, and the damn defense can't hold a lead OR even get off the field on 3rd down.

The good news is we don't have to debate whether this is an elite defense anymore with comparisons to the 2000 Ravens.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• None of you can see the forest because the trees are in the way.

Sure, this was a loss, but if you look past the loss, there is a lot to like about this game. The offense scored touchdowns on two redzone opportunities and Russell looked MUCH more poised in the pocket all day. He didn't bail too soon. He made throws in a closing pocket. He spread the ball all over. The offense took a huge step forward.

The offensive line pass blocked quite well today which is something we haven't seen a whole lot of this season. They did it against a pretty good D line too. The run blocking didn't look that good, but I'm pretty sure they have been emphasizing pass blocking for several weeks at practice...and it is starting to show.

There is a lot to like about this team and there are high expectations all around so it hurts a bit more when they lose. But, it takes time to become a group that works together well. Last year it took 8 weeks before the offense found a sort of groove. The Seahawks are already ahead of where they were last year and have a great opportunity in front of them now to win a bunch of games.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• Seahawk Sailor wrote::240039:

Why do you have to call people names? Nobody is calling you a Homer when you post.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Tech Worlds wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote::240039:

Why do you have to call people names? Nobody is calling you a Homer when you post.

Hehe. Why do you ask why? Nobody is calling you a pill when you post. :stirthepot:
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• Apologies to the poster above but I do not see this team going 6-2. Every game is close, down to the wire [except Dal]. If we can't get some easy wins...it's too much to hope we are going to pull all of these games out last minute.

I am so disappointed today...because I thought we would finally break through with a good road win and the defense collapsed. Sorry to be pessimistic but I think our playoff chances flew out the window today too. I know everyone just assumes every home game is a win, but this team is not good enough right now to just automatically assume that.

I can see us going 4-1 at home, 1-2 on the road...and finishing 9-7...which may not be enough to make the playoffs. I don't think we do better than that.

On a positive note - great to see Wilson getting better as the season goes on.

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• This D should have hit them in the mouth on that last drive..very disappointed with the coaching staff on that loss. :141847_bnono:

We are looking at a team that has not been beat down by anyone this year. I really don’t mind losses like these. If they were getting their butts handed to them it would be another thing. They are still inconsistent, but it was great to see the Offense step it up. The next step for this young team is not far away, though they are likely a 9-7 team this year.

It’s hard for me to continue to bust a lung for them at home when they can't seem to win without the 12 man. BUT..I will :th2thumbs:
    "Horse horse, did you see the size of that chicken?"
    TaterHawk
    NET Rookie

• Hawksfanatik wrote:0-3 in the division. .500 team and very average. bad on the road. losing to a 2 win Lions team.

go TEXANS!!!!

No one's calling this post out? Seriously? Some "fanatik". Enjoy the Houston frontrunning.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:
    Houstonfanatik wrote:0-3 in the division. .500 team and very average. bad on the road. losing to a 2 win Lions team.

go TEXANS!!!!

No one's calling this post out? Seriously? Some "fanatik". Enjoy the Houston frontrunning.

:13:
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• Wow. I can't believe the negativity here right now! The Hawks just lost a close one on the road to a talented but undisciplined team that has a high powered offense and had its back to the wall.

The offense showed us the best tempo and speed I have seen since Hasselbeck left town, and the defense reminded us of how young they really are. Teams are learning to take advantage of the youth and aggressiveness we have at the linebacker spot. Some of this can be compensated for by schemes, but a lot of it will go away as the team grows up together and gains experience.

Rather be a Seahawk fan right now than cheering for about any one of a dozen teams in the AFC!! You can't win every game, but I'll take this over the last time somebody laid 28 on the Seahawks...that was in Pittsburg last year in Game 2. You know, the one where we crossed midfield twice in the whole game? I, for one was encouraged by what I saw. Stay tuned, they are just getting started.
    canfan
    NET Rookie

• We have a very competitive team they just don't know how to win on the road.
    Joey13091
    NET Veteran

• Joey13091 wrote:Am I wrong to be losing faith in this team and not really caring to watch them anymore? I am a die hard seahawks fan but I hate losing and that's all they do as of late. I'm not hopeful we can win any of our upcoming games.

Yeah...I'm going to be quoting this all year. Feel free to watch the Niners of today, Giants, Packers, or Stealers.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Holy Batman. I just read through the whole thread and I'm embarrassed. A bunch of bitching and moaning. Not understanding of the situation and like another poster said, "obligatory chicken little posts". And Dom had the nerve to feel offended about that? Lmao? The guy that is notorious for stupid one liners and pot shots?

Lol...carry on.

Alls I'll say is I'm glad I didn't have the interwebs or .Net when Holmgren first took over.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Love the "I'm a lifelong fan!" followed closely by the "I'm outa here!" statements.

:laugh:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Next

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:32 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information