Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Jason Jones
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:18 pm 
NET Veteran

I remember the Friday PC presser where he said the Hawks will definitely feel not having Jason Jones and something to the effect that it would fundamentally change some of what we could do on defense. Could the element he brings to our DL be the reason our pass D kinda stunk it up today? Stafford had time for coffee and cigarettes back there.

Post subject: Re: Jason Jones
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:20 pm 
NET Veteran

no

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:08 pm 
NET Veteran

ensett wrote:
no

Thanks for the valuable insight, Etchersketch ;-)

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:10 pm 
* Glitter over Knives *

The element he brings could be the reason, yes.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:11 pm 
NET Veteran

HawKnPeppa wrote:
ensett wrote:
no

Thanks for the valuable insight, Etchersketch ;-)

rofl....
no.

I Think regardless he was better than scruggs so I would have to say that his absence was felt.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:14 pm 
NET Veteran

Most definitely. It is THE reason our defense has been so weak. Prior to his injury, we could mount a four man rush and still stop the run. Since his injury, we can't get enough consistent pressure on the QB. They can dink and dunk and we have to hang back because we'll give up the deep ball if we don't - and still do anyways because the QB has time. He brought enough pressure that it allowed the other three to penetrate, not giving the routes time to develop, which meant the secondary could play tighter.

This defense requires a great pass rush.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:26 am 
NET Veteran

@Salish, that's kinda the direction I was going with this. Ya can't 'plaster' very long, so ya need that pressure. The coaching staff was commenting that Scruggs is a better pass rusher than they had anticipated, but not on the same level as Jones. And let's face it, Jones brings another element to the table with his long body and arms...not to mention the DL is more used to playing with him.

Hopefully he gets healthy soon because there is too much of a dropoff with him out. It's obvious that we're not done addressing depth issues on the DL.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]