Some good news (just looked at the standings)

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Thanks Les. I just wish guys would come in and read a few weeks before and introduce themselves and see how things work. They'll love this place. That was important for me. I spent a long time lurking just trying to get to know who was who and what was what, and I was trying not to divulge any insider info I was getting in those days because I'd been asked not to. But ultimately this is my first, middle, and last destination each day. I can remember how hard it has been losing members (like cheinhill), and others getting sick and suffering or just having a run of bad luck. You guys are my family and I have gotten through some of my worst times thanks to those of you who just took a minute to send a good word my way. This site is about the people who are here. The Seahawks are just the common interest. The friendships and relationships are what makes it what it is and why it is so important to all of us.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1237h6lb said:
Amazing. no one has to call anything easy, but in those tough road losses, the Seahawks had plenty of chances to win, those are games they win at home.

SF - Whoever said "They own us" isn't watching the games. SF has been lucky to win each of the last 3 games and don't forget, this team destroyed them in their first meeting as Carroll's Hawks.

Uh, is lucky really the right word? From my prospective, the Hawks offense has been completely owned the past 3 games by the 49ers D. As a 49ers fan, I haven't once thought, "oh shit, the Hawks might win this game." Maybe after that blocked punt last season, but come on, that is the definition of luck.

By the way, Carroll's accomplishments against a Singletary coached team has no bearing on this current 49ers team.

The Radish

Reaction score
BlueTalon":3n02a0kl said:
Crizilla":3n02a0kl said:
hahaaha dude i couldnt care less about making friends on here or how respected people are on here. Or how many posts people have or sign up dates. It's a freaking forum lololol oh internets.

im sorry bluetalon for bringing some positive light into the fans that have tanked the season already. Please oh please forgive me.

ps - And I'll never say butt hurt again! hahahaaha cmon man
I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you have no idea what an ad hominem attack is. I am going to further assume that trying to explain it to you would be a waste of time.

So I will just say this: To you, this is an internet forum. To us, this is a community. If you literally couldn't care less about respecting people or making friends here, I suggest you go find some other forum to insult people in -- before that decision is made for you.

Thanks BT, that's funny. I know that guy never met you like I have. You don't seem the type to be involved in casual disputes. lol

:les:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":2p889d8f said:
loafoftatupu":2p889d8f said:
Amazing. no one has to call anything easy, but in those tough road losses, the Seahawks had plenty of chances to win, those are games they win at home.

SF - Whoever said "They own us" isn't watching the games. SF has been lucky to win each of the last 3 games and don't forget, this team destroyed them in their first meeting as Carroll's Hawks.

Uh, is lucky really the right word? From my prospective, the Hawks offense has been completely owned the past 3 games by the 49ers D. As a 49ers fan, I haven't once thought, "oh shit, the Hawks might win this game." Maybe after that blocked punt last season, but come on, that is the definition of luck.

By the way, Carroll's accomplishments against a Singletary coached team has no bearing on this current 49ers team.

Save this for a seahawks vs 9ers thread rather than trying to take this thread off topic.

jewhawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2qxu8c6d said:
Just wondering...who do you see as the "much easier" opponents the next 8 games?
We have four home games against mediocre to bad opponents (Vikings, Jets, Cardinals, Rams). On paper, all four of those games are easier matchups than any of the eight we have faced so far.

We have two road games against mediocre to bad opponents (Dolphins, Bills). Going to the road is never easy, but those teams are worse than any we've faced this year except maybe Carolina.

We have two tough opponents remaining (at Bears, home vs. 49ers). IMO, neither of those matchups are as tough as the Packers or Patriots at home, or the 49ers or Lions on the road.

There are never any guaranteed wins (or losses) in the NFL, but the second half schedule clearly looks much, much easier than what we have faced so far.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
jewhawk":f0ihflh0 said:
FlyingGreg":f0ihflh0 said:
Just wondering...who do you see as the "much easier" opponents the next 8 games?
We have four home games against mediocre to bad opponents (Vikings, Jets, Cardinals, Rams). On paper, all four of those games are easier matchups than any of the eight we have faced so far.

We have two road games against mediocre to bad opponents (Dolphins, Bills). Going to the road is never easy, but those teams are worse than any we've faced this year except maybe Carolina.

We have two tough opponents remaining (at Bears, home vs. 49ers). IMO, neither of those matchups are as tough as the Packers or Patriots at home, or the 49ers or Lions on the road.

There are never any guaranteed wins (or losses) in the NFL, but the second half schedule clearly looks much, much easier than what we have faced so far.

This is the problem I have - calling the Cardinals and Rams "medicore to bad". They both beat us earlier this season.

Yes, I know...the easy crutch is to state "but it's at C Link". Got it.

What happened against the Packers and Patriots has no bearing on what happens later this season. The middle of our defense has been exposed, we can't get off the field on 3rd down, and we are struggling to create turnovers.

I think the schedule "looks" easier, but we never seem to make it easy in any game (Dallas aside) so I would expect close games.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1jjgdofo said:
The worst teams we're looking at to round out the year are the Jets and Rams at 3-5, and the Bills at 3-4. None of them pushovers, not even the Rams. The good news is our offense is starting to click, starting to put up more points than at the beginning of the year. The bad news is our defense is starting to give up more points too.

We've been in every single game this year, and haven't lost by more than a touchdown in any of our losses. That is a very good thing in a growing year. Next year is the breakout year, I'm convinced of it, even if we do make the playoffs this year.

This is this team's 2004. Snakebit just one too many times, but tougher for the experience.

I like this post. Were getting better yet maybe missing a piece or 2. Maybe 2.5 players away. Also a nice observation that their isnt a guaranteed win in the NFL. Rams anyone?

jewhawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":te99t1a8 said:
This is the problem I have - calling the Cardinals and Rams "medicore to bad". They both beat us earlier this season.
FlyingGreg":te99t1a8 said:
What happened against the Packers and Patriots has no bearing on what happens later this season.
Likewise, what happened against the Cardinals and Rams has no bearing on what happens later this season. Playing against "mediocre to bad" teams at home is much easier than playing against "mediocre to bad" teams on the road. That doesn't mean we're guaranteed to beat them at home or that we'll definitely win more than four games in the second half of the season, but the first half schedule was much tougher than the second half schedule.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I'd say it does have a bearing, because those teams showed how to beat the Seahawks. They showed the really intense weak spots in the defense, and those were fully exposed today. The Lions put together a perfect game plan and won with it. The Seahawks haven't adjusted their defense as far as I can tell in over 3 years. Literally.

TLD0550

Reaction score
Also, we want SF to beat ARZ on monday night. Lets face it. The division is SF's. We want ARZ to lose because then they'll be 4-4 as well.[/quote]

Thanks for pointing that out I was thinking I was going to root for Cards tomorrow but not now thanks

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Radish":1y6m2g7r said:
What we need to do is stop this bullshit of looking at a schedule and saying "we win these, and not those". How dumb!

What everyone needs to do is worry about the next game. Because if we don't win the next game your scenerio is tipped over.

You also need to stop with the "we should" win this or that. Why? Cause you hate their stats? cause they have key people out hurt?

Play them as you get to them,,,not before.

:141847_bnono:

First of all... we as fans don't play. It's not a big deal to look ahead.

I see only two teams on our schedule I believe are truly better than us (Chicago and San Francisco) .. you're right though, it's hard to gauge what this team will do when it goes on the road. But our schedule is undeniably easier on paper in the 2nd half of the season than it was in the 1st half.

The Radish

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":36vr1x37 said:
The Radish":36vr1x37 said:
What we need to do is stop this bullshit of looking at a schedule and saying "we win these, and not those". How dumb!

What everyone needs to do is worry about the next game. Because if we don't win the next game your scenerio is tipped over.

You also need to stop with the "we should" win this or that. Why? Cause you hate their stats? cause they have key people out hurt?

Play them as you get to them,,,not before.

:141847_bnono:

First of all... we as fans don't play. It's not a big deal to look ahead.

I see only two teams on our schedule I believe are truly better than us (Chicago and San Francisco) .. you're right though, it's hard to gauge what this team will do when it goes on the road. But our schedule is undeniably easier on paper in the 2nd half of the season than it was in the 1st half.

I agree with this assessement,(you'll never know how that hurt.) lol

But we seem to have pretty good luck at Chi-Town damned if I know why.

:les:

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2f3ign4d said:
Were not a playoff team, simple as that. Preseason was a hoax like it always is. Anyone seeing the playoffs in the future AFTER what we have shown to this point is wearing Seahawk-colored glasses. This was the game we needed to and should've won, but like always we can not simply win on the road or hold a lead for that matter.

I'll give the Lions some credit as maybe they have finally pulled their head out of their ass, after showing so much promise last year, their o line was fantastic.

Props due but not too much, the defense was vanilla soft on the last drive.
This loss hurts no doubt.

The D can not be this bad again. The offense is getting better. Schedule favors more wins.

We beat NE, GB and man handled Dallas we can beat anyone. We can also lose to anyone.

Don't cash in your chips just yet

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
jewhawk":1v7zvp3o said:
FlyingGreg":1v7zvp3o said:

On paper (and in reality), we've already lost to every one of those "mediocre to bad opponents" we've played. Their combined record is 17-18 - not a bad record by any means. That's not a recipe for 4-0, even at home.

Our two "mediocre to bad opponents" on the road are also a combined 7-7 - the same percentage as we are right now. And they're at home, both a long trip and several time zones east. We've traditionally not done well in away games, especially in early games, which one of them is. Neither of these are by any stretch of the imagination wins.

The two "tough" road opponents that aren't as touch as the Packers or Patriots at home are a combined 11-3, both top tier defenses, with one a road game and one likely a team playing for playoff seeding.

This final eight games is not by any means easier than the first half. It looks equally as hard, as I see it.

But this is not a gloom n' doom post. It's not a Debbie Downer saying we're going 0-8 to finish the season. I'm just being realistic. We're going to have to step up and prove we can hang with the big boys. We've shown we can step up for big games, beat big-time teams. We've now got to prove we can win the tough road games, the games we're "supposed" to win. The "gimme" games at the start of the season.

We've got to come out strong and play like we're playing in the playoffs, every single game. Do this and we're in good shape for making the playoffs and ending the season well. Don't, and we'll have to see if we're up to the task next year.

jewhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":uwhbfjo9 said:
This final eight games is not by any means easier than the first half. It looks equally as hard, as I see it.
Which of the following games do you think are tougher?
1. Minnesota at home or Dallas at home?
2. Jets at home or At Carolina?
3. At Miami or Green Bay at home?
4. At Chicago or At San Francisco on a short week?
5. Arizona at home or At Arizona?
6. Buffalo in Toronto or At Detroit?
7. San Francisco at home or New England at home?
8. St. Louis at home or At St. Louis?

For every game remaining on the schedule, there was a tougher game we have already played. I'm not one of those guys saying "well you can expect 4-0 in these easy games, then we just need to win 2 of the 4 tougher games (3 road, SF at home) to finish 10-6." The NFL doesn't work like that. There are never any gimme wins (or losses) like there are in college football. But some games are more difficult than others, and it's obvious that the first half of our schedule was much more difficult than the second half.