The Vikings are going to be harder to beat than Detroit

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Vikings offensive strength is our Defensive weakness. I am extremely curious about what we are going to do to even try to contain Percy Harvin and Adrian Peterson because those two are more than enough to completely tear apart the defense I saw today. Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner will be almost useless in coverage because the rest of the passes will be going to the Tight ends. #4 Offense or not, what I saw today was truly embarrassing for the defense. Christian Ponder is not as crappy of a quarterback as people are making him out to be, especially with our lack of pass rush. I have a bad feeling that we are going to have to score more than 24 points to win.
    strohmin
    NET Starter

• meh.

Not sold on the Vikings and this is a home game. We are not a bad team.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• I have zero fear of the Vikings.

Seahawks win big. 31-7.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• strohmin wrote:Christian Ponder is not as crappy of a quarterback as people are making him out to be

I disagree. He's awful.

The only concern with them is Adrian Peterson pounding it through the middle against us the way Frank Gore did, which is a very valid concern.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• I just don't agree that the Vikes will be tough. We'll be at home after a rough 0-2 road trip, looking to recover and hit someone hard in the face. The Viking's D is not very good, and their offense is beatable. Ponder is not as good as you think. He makes poor decisions and leans heavily on a still fumble-prone Peterson to open things up for him. We'll win big. I promise.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• We'll see. After watching how poor our defense is at covering the middle of the field, I have a bad feeling about this game.

Add to that, the Vikings have better Tackles than Detroit, so we might have problems with our pass rush again.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• No fear of any team we play at our house.

I have nothing but fear for any team we play in theirs.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:No fear of any team we play at our house.

I have nothing but fear for any team we play in theirs.

Perfectly said.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Seattle wins this game comfortably.

They'll dismantle the NYJ the week after.

This team WILL be 6-4 after 10 games. I'd bet $500 on it.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

• Hawks46 wrote:We'll see. After watching how poor our defense is at covering the middle of the field, I have a bad feeling about this game.

Add to that, the Vikings have better Tackles than Detroit, so we might have problems with our pass rush again.

Do you not think they will be able to see that on film and adjust? I'm sure it's got to be nagging the coaches to no end.

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

• Bakergirl wrote:
    Hawks46 wrote:We'll see. After watching how poor our defense is at covering the middle of the field, I have a bad feeling about this game.

Do you not think they will be able to see that on film and adjust? I'm sure it's got to be nagging the coaches to no end.

This isn't the first game a team has taken advantage of the middle.

We also can't get off the field on 3rd down...which has been a season long problem that "seeing the film and adjusting" has not fixed.

It's a valid concern until proven otherwise.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• We will see. The hawks are a mediocre football team.

So no games are a given.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Ponder is not a good quarterback, his yards are misleading. He currently holds one of the worst yards per attempt in the league, his 6.65 YPA puts him 26th. He also has thrown 171 of his 262 attempts below 9 yards ahead of the line of scrimmage. He is one of the worst deep ball throwers in the league with his deep ball pass accuracy percentage of 33%, there's only 3 quarterbacks with a worse accuracy percentage. PFF claims that there are only 2 quarterbacks who are worse passers than Ponder.

He makes his plays throwing the ball short and the receivers are getting the yards, even then he can mess that up, if we take away the short routes and make him throw long we will have a good chance of getting turnovers.

This article can explain how bad Ponder is better than I can.

http://firejerrykill.com/2012/10/18/pon ... s-stumble/
    Last edited by the ditch on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    the ditch
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• FlyingGreg wrote:
    Bakergirl wrote:
    Hawks46 wrote:We'll see. After watching how poor our defense is at covering the middle of the field, I have a bad feeling about this game.

This isn't the first game a team has taken advantage of the middle.

We also can't get off the field on 3rd down...which has been a season long problem that "seeing the film and adjusting" has not fixed.

It's a valid concern until proven otherwise.

Thus the "nagging" comment. They are bound to come up with an answer eventually...

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

• the ditch wrote:Ponder is not a good quarterback, his yards are misleading. He currently holds one of the worst yards per attempt in the league, his 6.65 YPA puts him 26th. He also has thrown 171 of his 262 attempts below 9 yards ahead of the line of scrimmage. He is one of the worst deep ball throwers in the league with his deep ball pass accuracy percentage of 33%, there's only 3 quarterbacks with a worse accuracy percentage. PFF claims that there are only 2 quarterbacks who are worse passers than Ponder.

He makes his plays throwing the ball short and the receivers are getting the yards, even then he can mess that up, if we take away the short routes and make him throw long we will have a good chance of getting turnovers.

We haven't taken away short routes all year.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Tech Worlds wrote:
    the ditch wrote:Ponder is not a good quarterback, his yards are misleading. He currently holds one of the worst yards per attempt in the league, his 6.65 YPA puts him 26th. He also has thrown 171 of his 262 attempts below 9 yards ahead of the line of scrimmage. He is one of the worst deep ball throwers in the league with his deep ball pass accuracy percentage of 33%, there's only 3 quarterbacks with a worse accuracy percentage. PFF claims that there are only 2 quarterbacks who are worse passers than Ponder.

We haven't taken away short routes all year.

Yeah...this team is just head scratching sometimes but that's why I'm expecting them to come out and put the hurt on the Vikings because they always manage to surprise me.
    the ditch
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Its the NFL every team can beat you having said that I feel Seattle can beat Minny at home. I truly believe some of the the issues on 3rd and long is a lack of pass rush. This gets better at home with pass rush getting better at home. I'm just not concerned with the Vikes after seeing what Tampa did to them running it. Seattle is getting better offensively but ran the ball only 19 times today. That should not not happen need to be more balanced than that and play action will get even better.
    BAllenHawk
    NET Rookie

• We will win comfortably the next two weeks.

Its the game after the bye that will trip us up probably.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Vikings were able to beat the 9ers with a lot of dink and dunk.. unless the coaches show they can adjust, which they haven't, we could see another repeat of today's game.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

• Anyone who thinks they know what's going to happen the next 8 weeks is just making shit up. Neither you nor I have any clue.
    * NET Staff *

• the ditch wrote:Ponder is not a good quarterback, his yards are misleading. He currently holds one of the worst yards per attempt in the league, his 6.65 YPA puts him 26th. He also has thrown 171 of his 262 attempts below 9 yards ahead of the line of scrimmage. He is one of the worst deep ball throwers in the league with his deep ball pass accuracy percentage of 33%, there's only 3 quarterbacks with a worse accuracy percentage. PFF claims that there are only 2 quarterbacks who are worse passers than Ponder.

This article can explain how bad Ponder is better than I can.

http://firejerrykill.com/2012/10/18/pon ... s-stumble/

Ya but we can't cover the short routes we've proven that time and time again
    Joey13091
    NET Veteran

• Hawkstorian wrote:Anyone who thinks they know what's going to happen the next 8 weeks is just making shit up. Neither you nor I have any clue.

I don't know what's gonna happen. I just want to see improvement on both sides of the ball and maybe a playoff birth? Pretty please.
    Joey13091
    NET Veteran

• Hawkstorian wrote:Anyone who thinks they know what's going to happen the next 8 weeks is just making shit up. Neither you nor I have any clue.

Lol. It's actually pretty easy.

This team wins at home and loses on the road. THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE.

Knowing that, it's actually pretty easy to predict what will happen.

Know your team.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

• I can't believe you people saying we'll "win comfortably" after the shit you saw out there today. Keep drinking the kool aid. It pains me to say it but this team is overrated.
    Superbowl.
    NJHawksFan
    NET Practice Squad

• The Vikings defense is much better than the crappy Detroit lions defense we faced today. I have no idea where people are getting the idea that we will win comfortably. I never said Ponder was an elite QB, but I think he is a pretty damn good game manager and will be happy to do dinks and dunks all day if we give it to him.
    strohmin
    NET Starter

• NJHawksFan wrote:I can't believe you people saying we'll "win comfortably" after the shit you saw out there today. Keep drinking the kool aid. It pains me to say it but this team is overrated.

No this team is 4 - 4. Looks like they are rated about right.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Ponder can be an efficient QB when he gets in a rhythm, but he can also be counted on for a few mind-blowingly dumb decisions per game that our defense should be able to capitalize on. Playing at home and getting Jason Jones (and maybe Walter Thurmond) back in the lineup will help our pass rush and make Ponder uncomfortable. He's nowhere near Brady/Stafford's ability to piece together repeated long drives.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Nice to see our passing attack get better each week. We are now just like the teams that we have been playing = Desperate.

That makes us much more dangerous to play. And playing at home is a huge advantage for the Hawks.

Peterson may get his yards but we are going to crush Minnehaha.
    R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Largent80 wrote:Nice to see our passing attack get better each week. We are now just like the teams that we have been playing = Desperate.

That makes us much more dangerous to play. And playing at home is a huge advantage for the Hawks.

Peterson may get his yards but we are going to crush Minnehaha.

We've played one game that was decided by more than a score. Our defense needs the home crowd and that will help, but I'd be surprised if we crushed any team.

We seem to play at whatever level the opponent brings. On the road we do enough to lose and at home we do enough to win. I think we'll eek one out.
    endzorn
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• We were on the way to crushing Detroit yesterday up 17-7. Then the road defense showed up in the form of zone, which promptly gave up that rainbow TD.

That defense is nowhere near the Clink.

Passing attack is starting to gel.

We be crushin' them.
    R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Largent80 wrote:We were on the way to crushing Detroit yesterday up 17-7. Then the road defense showed up in the form of zone, which promptly gave up that rainbow TD.

That defense is nowhere near the Clink.

Passing attack is starting to gel.

We be crushin' them.

I hope you're right, but I'm not seeing it the same way. We struggle against the small, fast-twitch receivers and Harvin might be the most dangerous. I think Ponder will have a rough time with our crowd though.
    endzorn
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• I also have the feeling we are going to crush Minnesota. Ponder is playing scared and a trip to Seattle is not a cure for that. Minnesota's D has also been shredded by the run the last two weeks. Bottom line is we arent the same team at home as we are on the road.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• Tech Worlds wrote:We will see. The hawks are a mediocre football team.

So no games are a given.

Totally agree. With Peterson at RB this will be a hard game to win, look what SF did to our run defense.
    TorontoHawk
    NET Veteran

• "Thus the "nagging" comment. They are bound to come up with an answer eventually..."

One would hope, but I haven't seen evidence of that yet. It's the same things beating us, to some degreee.

We've seen progression on the offensive side. We've seen regression on the defensive side. Our road defense was good in AZ, good in CAR, decent in STL. Then we got beat by the run in SF, which is supposed to be our strongest point. Then, our vaunted secondary gets shredded on the road in Detroit, when they've struggled against everyone but TEN all year, and our pass rush is non existent.

That's why people are on this board wanting to see a complete game. In the games our defense has dominated, our offense has given away by turnovers and bone headed penalties. Yesterday, our offense did enough to win, but our defense gave it away.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• To those that fear Percy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwyHu9dHUxM

I gotta admit, the Vikes are my 2nd team, due to some good friends that are die-hards. Ponder can get hot, but typically is a Chad Pennington type. I'm afraid of Adrian. Bobby Wagner has some holes to fill, and he'd better do it better than he did against SF. I think Marshawn goes off this week. 150+. Seahawks 20-17.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• If you're not afraid of Percy Harvin, you know something that I don't know. He might be the league's MVP thus far.
    “We need to be challenged, ... and we need to be under the gun to respond.” --Pete Carroll
    nanomoz
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• I think its crazy to act like this game is an easy win. Either the defense, offense, or both could pull one of their disappearing acts we have been seeing all year. Peterson will probably be able to run it up the gut pretty effectively, and you have to think Harvin will be able to get open across the middle. The Vikes have a good defense too. The Hawks are a decent team that can win at home, but they are not good enough to say that any game is a sure win.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• If Ponder eats us alive, I will have lost faith in this defense.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:15 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information