Some good news (just looked at the standings)

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I will NEVER think a game is an "easy game" again after the Bills came to town and pounded the crap out of us a few years ago. What was the final score? Something like 30+ to 6? Or was it even worse? I swear I blocked out the majority of the game. I just remember Ryan Lindell kicking extra points through and imagining me throat punching him as he laughed at the Seahawks because he left for a better team (on THAT day). That was the game we were going to win huge. I seriously pictured us winning like 56-0. Then the Bills just came and stomped the hell out of the Hawks at our own stadium. I've never even made a game prediction since that day. I've hoped for certain results, but never expected them. Not after that pile of crud.

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
SharkHawk":27pf4q3v said:
We just lost to a 2-4 team. That doesn't tell me that any game is a "likely win" or even "winnable" at this point. We've looked worse on defense each week it seems since we peaked at #1.

and one of the best offenses in the league in their stadium. You forgot that part out.

RW was beast today.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
But we were the #1 defense in the league. You left THAT part out, and their stadium was silent, because everybody is crying about the Tigers. "You forgot that part out" too.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Crizilla":eosue6bs said:
FlyingGreg":eosue6bs said:
You are missing the point, which unfortunately ISN'T hilarious.

You want to suck on your binkie about the rest of the schedule being "good news", knock yourself out.

I'm way more grounded in reality.

i actually looked at whats ahead for us and other teams, and im optimistic about what i see. Last time i checked theres people on here that have given up hope for the playoffs, thats why i posted this thread and if you have nothing positive to contribute why post in this thread? every fan base is going to predict and look at the schedule. Plus i have no garunteed any wins. Stop thinking youre the man of all fans because youre "grounded on reality".

Holy crap - the schedule is right there at the top of this forum! who would have guessed that

Holy crap, I forgot we already played the next 8 games on our schedule! I guess we can fast forward to the playoffs now.

Funny that you only want positive responses...I guess it's not ok to have a contrary point of view on here anymore?

Good grief.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Amazing. no one has to call anything easy, but in those tough road losses, the Seahawks had plenty of chances to win, those are games they win at home.

SF - Whoever said "They own us" isn't watching the games. SF has been lucky to win each of the last 3 games and don't forget, this team destroyed them in their first meeting as Carroll's Hawks.

AZ - Really? At home against THIS team? They had a rookie in his first game almost take them out in week 1.

STL - Not even close here. They pulled off some Special Teams magic and still almost lost.

Miami? Who knows.

Buffalo? Maybe game too.

Chicago? Beaten them 2 times, IN CHICAGO. Probable loss just on the odds.

Those games are all very, very winnable. get one or two more and they are in the Wildcard. Besides, if AZ wins tomorrow, SF will only be one game up with 8 games left.

There were a lot of folks claiming that if this team could get out of this first half at 3-5 that they could still win the West. Beating GB and Dallas will prove to be HUGE in any tie breakers.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Crizilla":1xajspcz said:
FlyingGreg":1xajspcz said:
if you read my first post thats why i said if we take care of business at home like usual, we'll be fine. ARZ has won the last 2 against us, yes, but when was the last time they beat us here? You fear kolb or skelton at CLink?
I don't fear anyone. I also don't think anyone in this fan base should be forecasting wins. We are not that good yet...

You mention Kolb and Skelton. The same Kolb that beat us last time out? We had no answer for him.

You also DON'T mention the 49ers...who have owned us.
wow so fans shouldnt look at playoff implications? lol youre hilarious

maybe everyone is still butt hurt we lost today. We're 4-4 guys and still very well in the mix.
Maybe people would take you more seriously if you didn't imply that everyone who disagrees with you is "butt-hurt."

(A phrase that should be shacked IMO)

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
SharkHawk":kahott2e said:
But we were the #1 defense in the league. You left THAT part out, and their stadium was silent, because everybody is crying about the Tigers. "You forgot that part out" too.

dude, how long were we number 1? couple weeks?! thats not very long. That was in the past. Detroit has had a stable and effective offense and passing game for awhile now. We just ran into them at a bad time. THey were desperate. Look what happened to houston against GB.

Hawks46

Reaction score
IF we hold serve at home, we'd have to win at least one road game. The way CHI and MIA are playing, it doesn't look likely we'll beat them. So that makes BUF a MUST win.

If we lose all the remaining road games, and hold serve at home, we'd be 9-7. 9 wins probably won't win a wildcard in the NFC this year. Hell, there might be a 10 win team that sits at home come playoff time due to a lose in a tiebreaker.

I seriously think MIN can beat us at home. They utilize a short passing game in the middle of the field, which we can't seem to defend against. So, I also have doubts we automatically win the last 5 home games.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Were not a playoff team, simple as that. Preseason was a hoax like it always is. Anyone seeing the playoffs in the future AFTER what we have shown to this point is wearing Seahawk-colored glasses. This was the game we needed to and should've won, but like always we can not simply win on the road or hold a lead for that matter.

I'll give the Lions some credit as maybe they have finally pulled their head out of their ass, after showing so much promise last year, their o line was fantastic.

Props due but not too much, the defense was vanilla soft on the last drive.

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
BlueTalon":21qhjtjl said:
(A phrase that should be shacked IMO)

the people im disagreeing with are the ones posting "no playoffs" this year. Yea i think they're butt hurt. Remaining schedule is do-able. RW is getting better each week. We are beast at home. No point on giving up yet

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Wow, you repeated it after somebody requested you not say it as they found it offensive. That will help you prove your point and gain friends. Well played. :(

Seriously... Blue Talon is one of the 5 most classy posters who frequent this board. If you want to gain some respect and find some classy folks who you could learn some good stuff from and have some really cool and in depth discussions with, then Blue Talon is the man. Notice this isn't him bragging or anything, so don't rag on him. This is just somebody else who has been here for like 14 years and respects the heck out of a lot of guys, but not many more than he. That's why I think it's better to step back and just take in what some of the most respected and active posters like he says. It makes the experience of being a member here much better overall. He isn't going to attack you or anything else, but you could be missing out on making a good friend and having somebody who knows of what they speak participate in your discussions you bring up.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
The worst teams we're looking at to round out the year are the Jets and Rams at 3-5, and the Bills at 3-4. None of them pushovers, not even the Rams. The good news is our offense is starting to click, starting to put up more points than at the beginning of the year. The bad news is our defense is starting to give up more points too.

We've been in every single game this year, and haven't lost by more than a touchdown in any of our losses. That is a very good thing in a growing year. Next year is the breakout year, I'm convinced of it, even if we do make the playoffs this year.

This is this team's 2004. Snakebit just one too many times, but tougher for the experience.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
SharkHawk":118ed7t3 said:
Wow, you repeated it after somebody requested you not say it as they found it offensive. That will help you prove your point and gain friends. Well played. :(

Seriously... Blue Talon is one of the 5 most classy posters who frequent this board. If you want to gain some respect and find some classy folks who you could learn some good stuff from and have some really cool and in depth discussions with, then Blue Talon is the man. Notice this isn't him bragging or anything, so don't rag on him. This is just somebody else who has been here for like 14 years and respects the heck out of a lot of guys, but not many more than he. That's why I think it's better to step back and just take in what some of the most respected and active posters like he says. It makes the experience of being a member here much better overall. He isn't going to attack you or anything else, but you could be missing out on making a good friend and having somebody who knows of what they speak participate in your discussions you bring up.

:th2thumbs:

Stated another way - having a different opinion on this board does not make one "butt hurt". It could mean they don't have their heads buried in the sand and they don't worship at the altar of the all things positive and happy go lucky.

It's perfectly ok to be critical.

The Radish

Reaction score
Confrontation is the newer crowds game.

They care nothing about friendship or fandom. Only about hiding behind keyboards, using stats rather than facts to make points and of course screaming to the high heavens all the "facts" they think they know.

:roll:

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
hahaaha dude i couldnt care less about making friends on here or how respected people are on here. Or how many posts people have or sign up dates. It's a freaking forum lololol oh internets.

im sorry bluetalon for bringing some positive light into the fans that have tanked the season already. Please oh please forgive me.

ps - And I'll never say butt hurt again! hahahaaha cmon man

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2rmrrq11 said:
SharkHawk":2rmrrq11 said:

:th2thumbs:

Stated another way - having a different opinion on this board does not make one "butt hurt". It could mean they don't have their heads buried in the sand and they don't worship at the altar of the all things positive and happy go lucky.

It's perfectly ok to be critical.

Why yes... sir you have my vote.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The way I look at it, good teams, PLAYOFF teams, win these close games. Atlanta hasn't blown everyone out this year, but they've found a way to go undefeated.

If we want to be a playoff team, we have to find a way to win close games we should win. Right now, we aren't doing that, and it seems unreasonable to think we are going to just automatically win all our home games, while maybe winning some road games, while we aren't playing great football..

I'm not butt hurt, I'm realistic. The only thing I'm reactionary about, is that I thought we could rely on the defense to win us close games, and they didn't pull through this game. I didn't think we would make the playoffs with a rookie QB, but he's progressing fine, and the defense is regressing.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":1q4ii8b3 said:
hahaaha dude i couldnt care less about making friends on here or how respected people are on here. Or how many posts people have or sign up dates. It's a freaking forum lololol oh internets.

im sorry bluetalon for bringing some positive light into the fans that have tanked the season already. Please oh please forgive me.

I've never said this to anybody before... but if you don't care to contribute positively then why be here? You might as well leave. This isn't some idiot board that is a place to rip each other to shreds. We are friends. We care about each other. We love our Hawks and vent our frustrations. But Aros, Rockhawk, the Radish, Jseahawks, Dr. Diags, Blue Talon. Seahawk Sailor, TechWorlds, Largent80, Bestfightstory, Chris90210 (haha), pehawk, kearly, snohomie, and the rest of the crew who make this place what it has become deserve more respect than you're giving. Guys are giving their effort and time and money to make this place a destination for fans. If you don't care to be a part of the best group on the interwebs talking hawks and a group who actually DO give a crap about each other, then maybe this isn't the place for you. Yeah I said it.... and I hope I don't get banned, because I like this place. But I think you're just flat out barking up the wrong tree and feel more need to be right than to contribute. This place is an information share, not a contest.

The Radish

Reaction score
Not to worry Jon

crizillas gone for a week and we will see how it goes after that.

To everyone else how about we not blow apart our site for the loss of one game.

:les:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Crizilla":3gprrivr said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you have no idea what an ad hominem attack is. I am going to further assume that trying to explain it to you would be a waste of time.

So I will just say this: To you, this is an internet forum. To us, this is a community. If you literally couldn't care less about respecting people or making friends here, I suggest you go find some other forum to insult people in -- before that decision is made for you.