Russell Wilson had a great game.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
RW lead the team for the go ahead TD with about 5 minutes in the 4th quarter. He threw the ball to Tate, Rice, and Miler, their best options, so I feel real good abour RW's growth from today from the 1st week of the season.

Throwdown

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2uwcdk1i said:
Wilson stayed in the pocket, threw with great accuracy, made clutch conversions on 3rd-and-10 and 4th-and-2, and spearheaded a potentially game-winning drive. All on the road. That's exactly what I wanted to see. His best game of the season.

That throw to Rice I believe it was where it looked like Lions threw the oven with the heat on blast at him, and he stood in the pocket and delivered the strike stands out to me. Dude is on the verge of balling out of control.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
If we're keeping it real, RW did great for the player he is right now, but a "great game" from our QB? Not really. Good/decent I'd say (better than most of the priors with exception of one).

Defense just did not win this battle, that's too bad. Surprisingly higher scoring game than I thought.

I would agree with others in their disappointment with coaches and play calls here as well.

What a bummer, we knew it wouldn't be a walk in the park (right?) but...at the same time we had this.

Lynch is to be loved.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Throwdown":gpzscsle said:
MontanaHawk05":gpzscsle said:
Wilson stayed in the pocket, threw with great accuracy, made clutch conversions on 3rd-and-10 and 4th-and-2, and spearheaded a potentially game-winning drive. All on the road. That's exactly what I wanted to see. His best game of the season.

That throw to Rice I believe it was where it looked like Lions threw the oven with the heat on blast at him, and he stood in the pocket and delivered the strike stands out to me. Dude is on the verge of balling out of control.

RW's pocket presence has been one of his biggest improvements, I think. The first few weeks he couldn't seem to do that. He doesn't look short at all, I haven't noticed many tipped balls, his accuracy is good (not great yet), his deep ball is the best I've seen on the Hawks in quite a while (not that that's saying a ton), and his decision-making is above average.

There are times when I forget he's a rookie, he's so poised.

...And then he makes a bad decision and I remember that he is. But by all accounts, his work ethic and intelligence are off the charts, and he seems to work harder than anyone to fix his mistakes. Respect that.

m0ng0

Reaction score
652cHAWK":1edmtxev said:
A "great" game? I didn't see a great game by RW, not with those overthows and errant passes. Adequate enough to win, yes, decent yes...... "great game" ....NO. I expect better from our starting qb.

this

m0ng0

Reaction score
jkitsune":2d77scdv said:
...And then he makes a bad decision and I remember that he is. But by all accounts, his work ethic and intelligence are off the charts, and he seems to work harder than anyone to fix his mistakes. Respect that.

and this

jkitsune

Reaction score
m0ng0":f97n8hon said:
652cHAWK":f97n8hon said:
A "great" game? I didn't see a great game by RW, not with those overthows and errant passes. Adequate enough to win, yes, decent yes...... "great game" ....NO. I expect better from our starting qb.

this

If your barometer for greatness is that you never see an errant pass in a game, you're going to be disappointed for a long time.

That said, 'great' wouldn't be the word I'd use for this particular game, but I think he looks better almost on a weekly basis. And I think he was good today.

mikeak

Reaction score
So for those that say it wasn't good / great. Dies your opinion change if the deep pass to Rice is 2 inches shorter / Rice waits another second to turn his head and
catches that deep ball?

He stood in the pocket and delivered he was much calmer and had a really good game. Also note that the first pass is what has been requested here from the opening game - an intermediate route then shortly after a slant route - amazing coaching (sarcasm).

Good / great game with a few throws not great is what you ask for. 1st red zone trip RW had one opportunity for a TD. End of half amazingly called running play instead of giving RW the opportunity for a 15 yarder down the middle.

rjdriver

Reaction score
The end of half run was stunning incompetence. I liked Wilson today, I loved his look to Miller in the end zone. His pick reminded me of the one against SFO last week. Lots of time, good protection, should be looking in the middle, throws a high risk ball deep. I'm proud he's the QB of the Seahawks.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":32c7dj8r said:
He did...

Disagree.

Interception was awful and took away points.

He overthrew Rice for a TD.

That was the difference in the game. He did not play "great" by any stretch. Did he do well? Sure.. but not great.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
mikeak":252poevq said:
So for those that say it wasn't good / great. Dies your opinion change if the deep pass to Rice is 2 inches shorter / Rice waits another second to turn his head and
catches that deep ball?

Ah.. yup.

We lost by 4.. Wilson left at least 10 points out there.

The Radish

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":26iiz5nj said:
T-Sizzle":26iiz5nj said:
He did...

Disagree.

Interception was awful and took away points.

He overthrew Rice for a TD.

That was the difference in the game. He did not play "great" by any stretch. Did he do well? Sure.. but not great.

We all knew you would be standing in line to make it all Wilsons fault. I mean after all you've not said a kind word about him from the beginning.

I'm really sorry you dislike being a Seahawks fan.

:les:

652cHAWK

Reaction score
jkitsune":16ntr6yk said:
m0ng0":16ntr6yk said:
652cHAWK":16ntr6yk said:

this

If your barometer for greatness is that you never see an errant pass in a game, you're going to be disappointed for a long time.

That said, 'great' wouldn't be the word I'd use for this particular game, but I think he looks better almost on a weekly basis. And I think he was good today.

".....you never see an errant pass in a game, you're going to be disappointed for a long time"

True that, though I wasn't really going there. Just feel he played as well today as he did against the Panthers, and that game was littered with penalties where this game wasn't. As I said, decent enough to win, albeit we didn't here because this game is all on our D.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
v1rotv2":34hw8u2t said:
I can see that a lot of Hawk fans are ready to settle for mediocrity.

You can 'see' what?

Back on subject, we are talking about a pretty good game on the road from our Rookie QB... Isn't improvement something one looks for from a rookie? I saw no posts that indicated 'settling' for anything. At the risk of going off topic again, we are still only 2.5 seasons since the start of a ground-up rebuild.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2cpr50bm said:
v1rotv2":2cpr50bm said:
I can see that a lot of Hawk fans are ready to settle for mediocrity.

You can 'see' what?

Back on subject, we are talking about a pretty good game on the road from our Rookie QB... Isn't improvement something one looks for from a rookie? I saw no posts that indicated 'settling' for anything. At the risk of going off topic again, we are still only 2.5 seasons since the start of a ground-up rebuild.
:13:

Bakergirl

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1zontne1 said:
The int was pretty bad, but otherwise he was solid.

I don't think it was all that bad. Int on a long ball attempt...could have happened to anyone really.

On a side note, I see there are still a lot of people around here wearing Flynn colored glasses.

hoxrox

Reaction score
He had a good game for sure. Not great but glad to see improvement each week.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Q B O T F

We are at the very beginning of a new era. Great game for this point in his career. A year from now, I expect better. A year after that, I expect pro-bowl performances. For years to come.