So Proud of My Hawkas

Largent80

Reaction score
They went in and played a very competitive game against a desperate team on the road.

I am proud of them.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Nice post ese.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. My Hawkas have been in every single game theyve played this year, even on the road. We are getting close to being a very very good team.Remember some of the games from Mors's season? Made you want to take a bong hit and go to sleep.

warden

Reaction score
This team has been far from disappointing

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Agreed. It hurts more to lose a close one where a play or two turns the result. But they've had a chance every game and played tough. The games are fun, if frustrating, and that's way better than constant blowouts.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
You guys are right.

I am just frustrated because I keep wishing we would turn the corner and win games consistently.

But I love the close games vs the blowouts of old.

Thought we had this one.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I'm disappointed in them Rob. This was a game that an average performance by the defense would've resulted in a win. That was way below average. Mediocrity goes on
and on
and on
and on
ad naseum......

JSeahawks

Reaction score
All I ask is 100% effort.

As long as they give me that I will love them all even if they make bonehead or physical mistakes.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Exactly. We all want wins. But to play a game like todays and come out losing is not a reason to flame everyone from top to bottom, but to just say thank you for the effort.

I saw it out there. Regardless of breaking down every missed play, I enjoyed this game the most of any game we have played so far.

Way to go Hawks, and way to go 12th man.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I saw massive EFFORT. That is good enough for me.

Formerly on the road, the Hawks had pretty paltry games.

This one was exciting and went down to the final part of the 4th quarter.

I'm quite sure there are a bunch of gloom and doom posts going on in other threads, I do not wish to partake in them, but I started this to thank the Hawks for giving their all today.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":32ogi6bl said:
They went in and played a very competitive game against a desperate team on the road.

I am proud of them.
Yeah, we need to look past the lackluster play by our Defense in the last two games, and never mind that the 49rs exposed our weaknesses there.
Other teams that we will be faceing will be studying how to succeed by the 49rs blueprint.
Somethings are wrong, and we haven't seen much of an attempt to fix them.

Claden

Reaction score
It was a good one today. To win would have been better of course, but still. Good one.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
scutterhawk":16gfzok0 said:
Largent80":16gfzok0 said:

I am proud of them.
Yeah, we need to look past the lackluster play by our Defense in the last two games, and never mind that the 49rs exposed our weaknesses there.
Other teams that we will be faceing will be studying how to succeed by the 49rs blueprint.
Somethings are wrong, and we haven't seen much of an attempt to fix them.

Way to piss on the parade.

I will say that after this game, the schedule gets much more favorable, and the QB's we will face are Jabronis compared to who we have faced so far.

When I saw the schedule I was apprehensive and am elated to be 4-4 with the way the schedule makers drew it up.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Don't the players get paid for effort? Effort is great and all but I'm thinking I should expect that as a fan. Just my 2 cents

morgulon1

Reaction score
We should and do expect effort as fans. What I feel Largent was saying is he saw great effort today. Sadly enough there are teams that dont give it their all. Once again, remember the year with Mora? Sad times.

drdiags

Reaction score
I am going to side with my good buddy L80. As a Seahawks fan, yeah I am disappointed the team couldn't get this one under their belt. But it was an entertaining game and besides the Lions stupid penalties a game well played by both teams.

Sure, we want to believe our defense is impenetrable but that belief is being sorely tested. The early offseason hype and euphoria is now meeting reality. The team can still go 12-4 though reality says that is not the case. For this day, Lions get the spoils and Seahawks take the loss.

I think this team is putting in place the traits needed to be a winner. We will see if they can make it a long term reality. Kudos to the team on giving it a shot against a team that could not afford to be denied.

Now, if being critical here made a difference, I would do it. But I have no answers and cannot turn back the hands of time. Let's get the Vikings. A lot of Helgas are going to be in the CLink next week. Hope they go home feeling like I do today.

EDIT: I cannot spell worth a darn. Crap!

Riley12

Reaction score
Very nice post, Rob.

I definitely prefer the close games this season to the blowouts of past years. I don't even dread 10 AM starts on the schedule anymore,
thanks to the comPETE era. Close games are frustrating, but I get over those losses a lot easier than butt whoopings.

hawk45

Reaction score
I'll agree to be proud of their effort if everyone agrees to never mention them as a number 1 or 2 defense for the rest of the season.

I'm not proud at all of the effort and they shouldn't be. If they were giving it their all out there and still sucking then maybe the effort was there on gameday but the effort in planning and practicing during the week was lacking. This D is too talented for me to buy that they just couldn't hang with the dreaded Detroit juggernaut I don't care if it was in their house.