Gotta put Pete in the cross hairs

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
7-9...7-9...

What this season? At best probably 9-7 and that's if we get some breaks.

We have two more trips to the East Coast (Toronto vs Buffalo and Miami) looming...so that's not good. The other road game is in Chicago, which will be tough as well.

We still have to play the NFC West teams that all beat us the first time. Yes it's at C Link, but the Cards and 49ers for sure have us in their pocket right now.

We just can't seem to get over the hump. I know we have some good players...I can't figure it out.

I don't think Pete is on the hot seat (yet), but I'm not seeing the kind of progression I expected. We should have won today's game and we should have won in St. Louis. We can't rely on the crutch of winning at home.

I give Pete and John credit for making us competitive and completely rebuilding the roster. But maybe we are still a year away?

redeye81

Reaction score
Can we just wait till the season over to be calling for someone's head??

Jeez now if they don't fix it and we DO end up 7-9 then we talk.. Right now the season is just half over. Do you give up at half time??

come on man..

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Team has been competitive every game, and when we first saw the schedule, a lot of people thought 4-4 would be a godsend. This team will develop the killer instinct, but as a group, they're incredibly young. This is a team about to enter its prime, not a team already in it.

redeye81

Reaction score
I am not ready to start over.. Ride the ups and downs.. A lot of season left still..

MLOhawks

Reaction score
This Hawks team is only a few key players away from being elite on both sides of the ball. Would be extremely knee-jerk and unwise to jump off the Pete train just before it reaches clobberin speed.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
redeye81":1kb68vrc said:
Can we just wait till the season over to be calling for someone's head??

Jeez now if they don't fix it and we DO end up 7-9 then we talk.. Right now the season is just half over. Do you give up at half time??

come on man..

I didn't "call for his head". I brought up the opinion that he needs to be open to assessment.

I guess he is exempt from discussion? I missed that memo.

Rainger

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1l6koc9x said:
7-9...7-9...

We have two more trips to the East Coast (Toronto vs Buffalo and Miami) looming...so that's not good. The other road game is in Chicago, which will be tough as well.

We still have to play the NFC West teams that all beat us the first time. Yes it's at C Link, but the Cards and 49ers for sure have us in their pocket right now.

We just can't seem to get over the hump. I know we have some good players...I can't figure it out.

I don't think Pete is on the hot seat (yet), but I'm not seeing the kind of progression I expected. We should have won today's game and we should have won in St. Louis. We can't rely on the crutch of winning at home.

I give Pete and John credit for making us competitive and completely rebuilding the roster. But maybe we are still a year away?
I knew this was coming

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Um 4-4 vs. 2-6 is a progression from where I'm standing. Furthermore EVERY game we've lost has been a 1 score affair. Wheras last year we got beatdown by the Steelers. Got embarrased by Cleveland and Cincy at home. IMo there is no comparison between this year and last. There is evident improvement IMO.

Now the team just needs to learn how to finish on the road. I like our chances these last 8 games. I still see 9-10 wins as a possibility. I expect at least a 9-7 record. If we end up 7-9 I'd be extremely disappointed.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
rainger":618iirt6 said:
FlyingGreg":618iirt6 said:
7-9...7-9...

I knew this was coming

Everyone should be thinking about it. It's a completely fair assessment.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I haven't questioned one thing Pete has done prior to today. After today's game that all changes. I like him. I hope he does well. I think he's a terrific guy. But I think he blew it as a coach in this game, 100% he blew it. If he didn't blow it then Gus Bradley did and Pete needs to take over the defense if he let Bradley blow it. It's on one of their heads, but it all boils down to the head guy. This is looking a lot like Holmgren the majority of the time. Just not quite good enough. Getting outcoached by coaches that have no business outcoaching you. It's pretty sad. Pete's book led me to believe that he was above this type of lack of growth and consistent mistake making. I was really basing a lot of what I do on what I read in that book as I try to change careers and resume teaching and such. Now I'm wondering if Pete is just a windbag for the first time in 3 years. It worries me.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I dont think the possibility of replacing Pete has even entered Paul Allen's mind yet. I think we could lose every game remaining and his job woudl be safe. If we do end up crash and burning this season though I wouldnt be surprised if Pete is asked to shake up one or both of the coordinator positions.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
SharkHawk":401nr9v2 said:
I haven't questioned one thing Pete has done prior to today. After today's game that all changes. I like him. I hope he does well. I think he's a terrific guy. But I think he blew it as a coach in this game, 100% he blew it. If he didn't blow it then Gus Bradley did and Pete needs to take over the defense if he let Bradley blow it. It's on one of their heads, but it all boils down to the head guy. This is looking a lot like Holmgren the majority of the time. Just not quite good enough. Getting outcoached by coaches that have no business outcoaching you. It's pretty sad. Pete's book led me to believe that he was above this type of lack of growth and consistent mistake making. I was really basing a lot of what I do on what I read in that book as I try to change careers and resume teaching and such. Now I'm wondering if Pete is just a windbag for the first time in 3 years. It worries me.

Perfect response. I also love Pete.

But 2.5 years into his regime,why can't we be critical? It's amazing to me that when people bring up things like this on the board everyone turns into a fussy homer.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
JSeahawks":5uyczxzk said:
I dont think the possibility of replacing Pete has even entered Paul Allen's mind yet. I think we could lose every game remaining and his job woudl be safe. If we do end up crash and burning this season though I wouldnt be surprised if Pete is asked to shake up one or both of the coordinator positions.

Agreed - I mentioned nothing about replacing Pete.

I just think it's time to assess his job to date.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
He needs to make some modifications. Remember when the Hawks had no running game as Ruskell had destroyed the offensive line and Shaun had broken his foot and the offense just sucked? What did Holmgren do? He adjusted for ONCE and just started running the hurry up. Matt put up numbers like crazy, the receivers looked good, and it was a really solid and necessary adjustment. He hated doing it, as he LOVED his "balance method" of the WCO, which worked great when he had talent. But he realized he needed to change. Hopefully on this dreadfully long flight home Pete has the same kind of epiphany and follows what he says in his GD book. Do things better than they've ever been done before Pete. That's what you said. Step up. Do them differently, because now you're just doing the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Sorry, but your defense sucks right now, and that's on you sir. Re-evaluate and do things better than ever. That's your mantra. That's what I've been trying to do as I try to heal and resume my life. Don't let me down you magnificent son of a bitch. ;)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SharkHawk":2kc9jzq1 said:
He needs to make some modifications. Remember when the Hawks had no running game as Ruskell had destroyed the offensive line and Shaun had broken his foot and the offense just sucked? What did Holmgren do? He adjusted for ONCE and just started running the hurry up. Matt put up numbers like crazy, the receivers looked good, and it was a really solid and necessary adjustment. He hated doing it, as he LOVED his "balance method" of the WCO, which worked great when he had talent. But he realized he needed to change. Hopefully on this dreadfully long flight home Pete has the same kind of epiphany and follows what he says in his GD book. Do things better than they've ever been done before Pete. That's what you said. Step up. Do them differently, because now you're just doing the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Sorry, but your defense sucks right now, and that's on you sir. Re-evaluate and do things better than ever. That's your mantra. That's what I've been trying to do as I try to heal and resume my life. Don't let me down you magnificent son of a bitch. ;)

Your last line seriously made me laugh out loud. Didnt see that coming from you. :lol:

redeye81

Reaction score
Greg your assuming he going to fail??

Do you understand we're only half way thru the season??? geezz..

SharkHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":117n3yh2 said:
SharkHawk":117n3yh2 said:

Your last line seriously made me laugh out loud. Didnt see that coming from you. :lol:

Glad it worked. That's what I was going for. We all need a laugh today. ;)

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
redeye81":33jl0fbp said:
Greg your assuming he going to fail??

Do you understand we're only half way thru the season??? geezz..

Red, you are still missing the point. Come back later when you can be more rational.

Didn't say a word about him "failing". Didn't say a word about firing him.

It's time for an assessment.

You can jump up and down on the "half way through the season" trampoline all day long. Those are the kind of placebos that this fan base always seems to rely on - always an excuse or a silver lining. But it's also completely fair to point the finger at Pete for this team not getting over the hump at this point.

Doesn't mean I want to get rid of him. It means I think we should assess where he is at.

redeye81

Reaction score
Ok assess what?

It's like assessing at half time.. it's not over yet..

As far as missing the point.. I don't believe there is a point to be made YET... We could turn around and win like 6 in a row.. What now of your early assessment?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I think after the Seahawks lose people need to go outside and get some fresh air.

Latest posts