This season is over. No way in hell we make the playoffs now

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinksheets

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":24t7dgdm said:
Rat":24t7dgdm said:
We should be happy that this team can't win on the road.
I agree who needs to win on the road.
Yeah, that's what I'm doing. Advocating gleeful celebration after a loss. No, I'm saying that we're 4-4 and the season isn't over. We've won games that we thought were going to be losses, lost games we thought would be wins, that's the nature of the NFL. I'm not ready to write the whole season off as a .500 team because I'm upset about this game.

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
I'm not even mad, just disappointed.

That being said, is the season over? No. But I personally think that now we probably will not make the playoffs.

TBH, we just aren't that good. Are we better than last year? Yes. But we aren't playoff good right now. I will eat crow if we make playoffs, and I hope we do. But I don't see that happening. Offense played well enough to win for sure today, which imo makes this loss even worse. I don't care what their offense is ranked, that is a poor excuse...

bellingerga

Reaction score
Fox0r":3kk0sc65 said:
Our "elite" defense just threw our entire season in the trash against the Lions.

So much for that.

I like you dude but you are one big damned quitter. EVERY week you say the season is over for one reason or another. If its not "the season is over" its "this team is horrible". every week, no matter what (usually in chat, sometimes here) LOT of football left to play including a bunch of home games vs division rivals and other teams. Lot of changes to stay in the race this year. The team does have to start winning these close ones though, but the season is not over. Not by a longshot.

It can't possibly be enjoyable to be that down in the dumps all the time.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3bztaose said:
If you're giving up on the season at the halfway point you're a pussy.

And if you think we can play like this for another 8 games and make the playoffs, you're in denial.

Spounge84

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3nefxtsu said:

And that's putting it nicely. Seriously, if you're giving up at the halfway point in the season then you are a loser with a loser's mentality.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Sure would have been nice to get this one, but 6-2 in the second half is barely possible, and if they can somehow get both the Bears and the Vikes among those 6 wins, a 10-6 record should get them in. But losing this one pretty much killed any margin for error -- can't drop a home game now.

redeye81

Reaction score
Exactly we're half way done.. Our offense is getting better..

They MUST fix the defense on 3rd and long.. Soft zone sucks BIG TIME..

pinksheets

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2p3d7hg3 said:
Zebulon Dak":2p3d7hg3 said:

And if you think we can play like this for another 8 games and make the playoffs, you're in denial.
We've come out at .500 after a rigorous first half. We're playing pretty well overall. That's not to say improvements aren't needed, the 3rd and long crap has been happening all year and it's absurd it hasn't been fixed.

I'm just saying our defense is good and has been good through 7 games, blowing it in the 8th does not prove that they are "pretenders". A young team struggling to be consistent doesn't mean the season is over. They need to regroup, adjust, and improve. So do most of the teams we'll be competing for a playoff spot with.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
WindCityHawk":38kmtwzs said:
Zebulon Dak":38kmtwzs said:

Who said anybody thinks that?

C'mon guys. Let's not be pussies. This is football. This is no place for pussies.

seanoob

Reaction score
Yep, soft zone sucks. Do we always go into that because we lack personnel?

Anyways, season is NOT over, but we'll need some luck/help to make the playoffs.

jkitsune

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2eiwcs26 said:
jkitsune":2eiwcs26 said:
Season's not over. Obviously a heartbreaking loss, and you can focus all you want on how poorly the D played, but I choose to be really encouraged by the pass protection, RW, and Sidney Rice. I still think the future looks incredibly bright for this team, and while I called 8 or 9 wins coming into the season, I still think this team has a reasonable shot at 10 wins on that schedule.

And if they do wind up at 8 or 9 wins? I'm still really, really encouraged by the talent on the roster.

Think the Eagles are satisfied with all the talent on their roster? Talent is only worth something if you live up to it. And this is the NFL, dude, there are no pats on the back for a good try. There are wins, and there are losses.

Sure, but we're talking about a roster filled with 23 year olds. Not a roster filled with players in their prime. There is absolutely no rational reason to decide, based on the last two weeks, that players like Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, Browner, Wagner, Wright, Clemons, Bryant, Mebane, Lynch, Wilson, Carp (who btw seems to have found his calling at guard), Unger, and Rice "aren't living up to their potential."

And yeah, I know not all of the players I listed are actually as young as I mentioned, but a lot of them are. If these same players are 8-8 in two years, we'll talk about the Eagles comparison again. But for now, I think you're over-reacting, dude.

OP
OP
Fox0r

Fox0r

Reaction score
bellingerga":eo3pgl1x said:
Fox0r":eo3pgl1x said:
Our "elite" defense just threw our entire season in the trash against the Lions.

So much for that.

I like you dude but you are one big damned quitter. EVERY week you say the season is over for one reason or another. If its not "the season is over" its "this team is horrible". every week, no matter what (usually in chat, sometimes here) LOT of football left to play including a bunch of home games vs division rivals and other teams. Lot of changes to stay in the race this year. The team does have to start winning these close ones though, but the season is not over. Not by a longshot.

I will never deny I am a glass half-empty person. Had some really bad stuff happen when I was a kid, so psychologically I tend to believe things will always end up as a let down in the end. Try not to be that way, but it's almost nature to me. Just tired of disappointment.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Fox0r":1kjcidlg said:
bellingerga":1kjcidlg said:
Fox0r":1kjcidlg said:

So much for that.

I will never deny I am a glass half-empty person. Had some really bad stuff happen when I was a kid, so psychologically I tend to believe things will always end up as a let down in the end. Try not to be that way, but it's almost nature to me. Just tired of disappointment.

I really do believe that next year will be amazing.

Seeker

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":3shhl5ki said:
Agreed. I'm so done defending these guys. Earn Everything? They just earned an 8-8 season, and frankly, Pete just earned a much hotter seat. For all the talent on this team, we should blowing an injured Lions team out of the water. Instead all we blew was a ten-point lead. This conservative play calling nonsense has simply got to go. My kingdom for a coordinator who puts the pedal to the metal for sixty-one minutes!

your qb has a 96.8 qbr rating,
scored 24 points on the road,
and we blame conservative offensive play calling and not the vaunted D that blew the lead.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Fox0r":vnpfktlm said:
bellingerga":vnpfktlm said:
Fox0r":vnpfktlm said:

So much for that.

I am, too. Huge cynic, huge pessimist, but when I come on .NET after a loss it's like I want to start complaining about how I got into a bad car wreck and my ride is totaled but the people I want to bitch to/with all found out their entire family was killed by a mountain lion so I have to do a complete 180.

I just don't get why we should get completely fatalistic at this point, totally fine with being pissed at our defense, coaching, or whoever is to blame this week.

jkitsune

Reaction score
There was nothing conservative about the playcalling this week. I REALLY don't understand that complaint. Nearly every snap was a play-action with a deep look, and the O moved pretty well for most of the game. Playcalling wasn't perfect, I know, but 'conservative' is not the word I would use on offense.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
Remember a a lot of fans were saying a 4-4 start would be good with this schedule. Tough lost, D laid an egg. Honestly it was a lack of pass rush you have to fluster the quarterback in this league or you'll give up third and long. Offense is growing, you can see the growth. Scored TDs in the redzone instead of fieldgoals. Pass protection is getting better no sacks against that front 4 on the road is pretty good. I don't agree with abandoning the run only ran it 19 times need to be a little more balanced than that, but RW is deadly off PA. This season isn't over not even close. 5 out of 8 games at home in the second half they need to make adjustments fix third and long and continue to grow offensivley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts