Do people need me to hand out the bipolar meds?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • This is pitiful, one minute everyone is singing the praises of our hawks, the next minute all I hear is bashing and weeping. Get over yourselves and be supportive. Ridiculous.
    O-LineFan
    NET Rookie

• Disappointment is often formed by one's expectations. Has nothing to do with support really.

.NET Pick The Score - 1st Season

"Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Augusta, GA (Road Hawk)

• There's that well-known cancer motto of "managing our expectations." If people want a blowout of the number 4 offense, they're way off base. Every game has been close this season, and it's going to be the same every single week.
    O-LineFan
    NET Rookie

• Tough to be supportive when it is three straight weeks watching teams throw it 5 yards over the middle of the field with ease that turn into first downs. That is just horrid coaching and adjustments.

Add to that this is easily the worst third down defense in the league.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• mistaowen wrote:Tough to be supportive when it is three straight weeks watching teams throw it 5 yards over the middle of the field with ease that turn into first downs. That is just horrid coaching and adjustments.

soooo, you think trash talking on some online forum is gonna make things all better and our linebackers will all go pro-bowl? I guess it's up to each individual to control their mood swings, but bashing your team and calling them awful (as so many have done), is showing fair-weather fanism.
    O-LineFan
    NET Rookie

• Could you please make it cyanide pills?
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Nah. People are pissed and it's just time to vent.
    truehawksfan
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:Could you please make it cyanide pills?

I could do that, or you could start liking the Falcons. They're winning, most people here would be much happier following them.
    O-LineFan
    NET Rookie

• O-LineFan wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:Tough to be supportive when it is three straight weeks watching teams throw it 5 yards over the middle of the field with ease that turn into first downs. That is just horrid coaching and adjustments.

soooo, you think trash talking on some online forum is gonna make things all better and our linebackers will all go pro-bowl? I guess it's up to each individual to control their mood swings, but bashing your team and calling them awful (as so many have done), is showing fair-weather fanism.

The team sucked today what kind of kool aid does one have to be drinking to not see this???

Passion is part of what makes us fans.

They were awful today, and suck on the road.
    Last edited by NFSeahawks628 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

• 1) point out where I trash talked
    2) that isn't 'bashing' it is pointing critical aspects of our team that creep up on us in every loss. How about you add some actual discussion and not just offer some of your bipolar medication?
    3) clearly my post shows fair-weather fanism because I state what has been killing us without changes. I'm glad you pulled the fan card so quickly.

This is a fan discussion forum, so obviously, no I don't think it is going to make things better since I have zero control over them. It is making ASSESSMENTS/DISCUSSION.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• O-LineFan wrote:This is pitiful, one minute everyone is singing the praises of our hawks, the next minute all I hear is bashing and weeping. Get over yourselves and be supportive. Ridiculous.

:13: parents have failed at raising their children....what you see is the result.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• no no its not.
    this isn't nazi germany,
    we don't have to abide by the team no matter what.
    we are seeing some OBVIOUS regression on this team right now and i for one am not gonna sit by and not say anything to look like a "good fan".
    people show their support by paying their hard earned money and spending their important time watching these guys go out there and phone it in.

Yes peoples expectations were high this year THATS WHATS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN when you think you have a good team.

this defense has always had a third down problem and no one has said anything becuase it was the anti RW movement. all they had to do was stop stafford at ANY point in time and we couldn't do it. the same way they couldn't stop san fransico who basically did the exact same play 15 times in a row and it worked.

You can stand perfectly still and pass over the middle all day, no matter who you are. Chad Pennington, hell CC Peniston could have thrown over the middle all day. we will not touch the QB, we will let you get 99 yards and a touchdown.

maybe the defense has given up due to the offense but whatever it is i don't wanna hear no more talk about elite D. when we get ranked no higher than 11 this year no matter what we do and you feel disrespected, remember this game and why we don't. Seeing your team lose to its second inferior opponent on undisciplined and uncharacteristic play and not being happy is no where near bipolar.
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

• We're passionate fans of a team that just had a very disappointing performance. It's no different than when we're all gushing after a win. It happens with every fan base.

Some of you have ridiculous expectations for the fans.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• mistaowen wrote:1) point out where I trash talked
    2) that isn't 'bashing' it is pointing critical aspects of our team that creep up on us in every loss. How about you add some actual discussion and not just offer some of your bipolar medication?
    3) clearly my post shows fair-weather fanism because I state what has been killing us without changes. I'm glad you pulled the fan card so quickly.

This is a fan discussion forum, so obviously, no I don't think it is going to make things better since I have zero control over them. It is making ASSESSMENTS/DISCUSSION.

Come on sweet heart, look on the main board right now. I'm not saying that YOU specifically are throwing crap, but it's all over this board. Seems like every time we lose, people lose their marbles and the gnashing of teeth replaces intelligent discussion.
    O-LineFan
    NET Rookie

• O-line fan read the last 5 posts above you, you will start to understand things a little better, it's not rocket science.

NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

• take this bi polar talk somewhere else, we aint tryin to hear it.. we have serious issues on both sides of the ball, and we're pissed cuz we're not seeing adjustmenst and more importantly improvments in critical times.... and we're sick of seeing it, this is the place we vent... thats what this place is for, has nothing to do with support, or lack there of.... we love our team and we want them to do well... when they're not because of obvious coaching blunders, we're going to criticize....
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• NFSeahawks628 wrote:O-line fan read the last 5 posts above you, you will start to understand things a little better, it's not rocket science.

I got it, I got it, but I really don't think passion= Cam Newton-esque moping. Tom Brady and Payton Manning are passionate, but you don't see them bad-mouthing their team mates and telling them they suck. Sure they explode on their team mates, but I seriously doubt they drag them down and tell them they suck.

I get passion, I don't get moping and turning on the team. Sure they struggled on third down, that's nothing new. But that's no reason to get the pitchforks and torches.
    O-LineFan
    NET Rookie

• O-LineFan wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:1) point out where I trash talked

Come on sweet heart, look on the main board right now. I'm not saying that YOU specifically are throwing crap, but it's all over this board. Seems like every time we lose, people lose their marbles and the gnashing of teeth replaces intelligent discussion.

Are you excited with what you saw out there then? RW, Rice, and Lynch had great games, but their D isn't good with mostly backups due to injuries. We continue to get torched over the middle on D. Unless we are at home we get minimal pass rush. It seems like the things that hurt us at the start are getting worse.

People are passionate about this and when we go out there and lay an egg like we did on D, it is very disappointing. Obviously some go overboard with sky falling posts, but the mods do a good job cleaning it up. Instead of taking shots at them, why not discuss what you think are the issues, sweetheart.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• Rat wrote:We're passionate fans of a team that just had a very disappointing performance. It's no different than when we're all gushing after a win. It happens with every fan base.

Some of you have ridiculous expectations for the fans.

Acting like adults with an ounce of perspective is a pretty big request, I'll try to adjust.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• O-LineFan wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:O-line fan read the last 5 posts above you, you will start to understand things a little better, it's not rocket science.

I got it, I got it, but I really don't think passion= Cam Newton-esque moping. Tom Brady and Payton Manning are passionate, but you don't see them bad-mouthing their team mates and telling them they suck. Sure they explode on their team mates, but I seriously doubt they drag them down and tell them they suck.

I get passion, I don't get moping and turning on the team. Sure they struggled on third down, that's nothing new. But that's no reason to get the pitchforks and torches.

This is just a dumb concept. Nobody is getting the pitchforks and torches - people who are claiming they are not rooting for our Hawks any more and are finding a new time would be doing that. Not really happening.

People are complaining because we have lost yet another very winnable game. And this time, its extra frustrating because our defense, supposedly the strength of our team and one of the best in the NFL, got torched. If people weren't complaining, it would be fan apathy, which is just about the worst thing that can happen to a franchise. Stop whining about the whining, its normal and almost a good thing.
    Exploding
    NET Rookie

• mistaowen wrote:
    O-LineFan wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:1) point out where I trash talked

Are you excited with what you saw out there then? RW, Rice, and Lynch had great games, but their D isn't good with mostly backups due to injuries. We continue to get torched over the middle on D. Unless we are at home we get minimal pass rush. It seems like the things that hurt us at the start are getting worse.

People are passionate about this and when we go out there and lay an egg like we did on D, it is very disappointing. Obviously some go overboard with sky falling posts, but the mods do a good job cleaning it up. Instead of taking shots at them, why not discuss what you think are the issues, sweetheart.

There you go man, that's what I'm looking for. Just a wee bit of actual gameplay discussion. For starters, I addressed my big concern with this forum. Being a fan of offensive line play though, I gotta say that Carp could stand to lose about 20 pounds and still be affective. He had trouble getting into position for screens he was supposed to block for.

In addition, Hill is about 87 years old now. Even though he got a sack, we need someone faster and better at coverage. Actually, we need someone in the middle PERIOD. Looked like Wagner was playing in Bam-Bams turf for awhile.

We need to get Miller the ball way more. Awesome catch.

The three year old posters here all need to stay off the board after a loss.
    O-LineFan
    NET Rookie

• And to the people saying we lost another winnable game, be thankful that every game is winnable. Unlike last year. That is all.
    O-LineFan
    NET Rookie

• O-LineFan wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Could you please make it cyanide pills?

I could do that, or you could start liking the Falcons. They're winning, most people here would be much happier following them.

Now you're walking on the fighting side of me :thfight7: just because there are a few being loud about there disappointment in the team, doesn't mean "most people here" are bandwagoners !!! :roll:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

• O-LineFan wrote:This is pitiful, one minute everyone is singing the praises of our hawks, the next minute all I hear is bashing and weeping. Get over yourselves and be supportive. Ridiculous.

Thanks for the advice. Your analysis is superb.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

We live in an over reaction world
    warden
    NET Veteran

• O-LineFan wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:Tough to be supportive when it is three straight weeks watching teams throw it 5 yards over the middle of the field with ease that turn into first downs. That is just horrid coaching and adjustments.

Bad joo-joo!

Disagree all you like, but don't mistake being critical for mindless bashing, and don't confuse people making critiques as fair weather fans.

Bad joo-joo!
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• I'm not mad, I'm super happy. I really wanted a good draft pick and all this winning was starting to make me sad. I hope we lose forever and people can get back to their regular Seattle lives.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

• I would like some bi polar meds. They make me feel SEXAYYYYYYYYYYYY

:229031_thewave: :229031_thewave:
    Slick
    NET Veteran

• Wha? Is someone handing out free drugs? Doers this happen every time the Hawks lose?
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• Im Shango pissed after this loss..
    BGHawk
    NET Veteran

• Its the freakin Lions..we shoulda pounded them ..easily
    BGHawk
    NET Veteran

• This was just another 10am start on the East Coast where we can't seem to play up to our expectations. This team is not strong enough mentally ....on Offense or Defense.....period!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Crazy how a number of fans are always trying to make it all Mary f'n Poppins around here all the time. Always trying to control what negative aspects of the team are talked about and for how long. It's real bad though when fandom starts getting thrown out there. Funny thing is even the most upbeat, rosy-glassed, optimistic koolaid-drinking, Seahawks can do no wrong, fans talk about the negatives at their will too.

Why ain't you supporting Carp and Hill? get over yourself. You a fair weather fan? Those guys are a part of this team too.
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran

• O-LineFan wrote:There's that well-known cancer motto of "managing our expectations." If people want a blowout of the number 4 offense, they're way off base. Every game has been close this season, and it's going to be the same every single week.

Do you honestly believe they are the 4th best offense in the NFL? If so, LOL. If not, why post it? This was Stafford's first multi-TD performance of the season and his first game with a TD before the 4th quarter (3 of his 8 TDs today)...this is a team who has gained most of their yards and points in the 4th quarter, because they were losing and thus airing it out. They were 2-4 for a reason. This is not the Lions from a year ago, they are not very good.
    Meeker
    NET Starter

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:34 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information