Russell Wilson had a great game.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Russell Wilson had a great game.
Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:11 pm
  • He did...
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Re: Russell Wilson had a great game.
Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:11 pm
  • Agreed. If only the defense could have helped him when needed..
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:12 pm
  • The int was pretty bad, but otherwise he was solid.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:12 pm
  • Agreed. I think he is settling in to the offense. His WRs are also starting to make some plays.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:13 pm
  • no, he had a pretty good game, Matt Stafford is what a great game looks like. this isnt 1966

im not hating wilson, he did plenty enough to win. but it was just average by todays standards
    Last edited by Lithium on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:13 pm
  • All three phases...
    Can we please have a total game from O D and ST?
    Still a lot of time left though.
    "When is the NFL going to start fining receivers for running routes across KAM’S MIDDLE?!?!"
    -bpup33
    Sprfunk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:14 pm
  • GoldenIsThyTate wrote:no, he had a pretty good game, Matt Stafford is what a great game looks like. this isnt 1966

No... He had a great game.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:14 pm
  • Yeah I was impressed with him today, I think they finally let him get something going allowing him to pass on first down etc. Both TD coming in the redzone was a big plus as well
    AlexHawk
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:15 pm
  • I was wondering if you were gonna bring up RW sizzle
    bingotown
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:17 pm
  • He was 25/35 for 229 yards, 2 TD & 1 INT - a 71% completion rate. Obviously we'd prefer he hadn't thrown the pick, but every QB throws picks. He did his job.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:18 pm
  • bingotown wrote:I was wondering if you were gonna bring up RW sizzle

Got to look at the positives and not the negative.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:24 pm
  • Agreed. No complaints about RW's performance today.
    truehawksfan
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:31 pm
  • No complaints here either. I jumped off the "in with Flynn" bandwagon 3 weeks ago and glad I did. VERY upset with our D's inability to stop 3rd down conversions but had no wild aspirations of a superbowl this year anyway. I'm seeing more positives than negatives with this team, it starts with the rook and the rook is looking real. I hate saying it but.....next year.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:31 pm
  • A "great" game? I didn't see a great game by RW, not with those overthows and errant passes. Adequate enough to win, yes, decent yes...... "great game" ....NO. I expect better from our starting qb.
    652cHAWK
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:33 pm
  • RW played very well today.. He made big plays for us.. Sure he had some mistakes but overall he was good..
    redeye81
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:33 pm
  • He did good, not great.

Dudes growing and he's growing fast, if anyone can't see that I feel sorry for 'em
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:34 pm
  • GoldenIsThyTate wrote:no, he had a pretty good game, Matt Stafford is what a great game looks like. this isnt 1966

im not hating wilson, he did plenty enough to win. but it was just average by todays standards

you only look at the stats for the end of the game don't you?
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:37 pm
  • He did a great job today and had a really good game. The INT was really bad but other than that he put the team in a position to win. Proud of the kid and I'm really liking the consistent improvement.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:39 pm
  • Seeker wrote:
    GoldenIsThyTate wrote:no, he had a pretty good game, Matt Stafford is what a great game looks like. this isnt 1966

you only look at the stats for the end of the game don't you?

i guess i need to look at the imaginary TD's he threw? dont know what else to look at lol

I watched the game, Wilson was good, maybe one of his best games. He was not GREAT at all though. Rogers vs. Houston was Great

but i was very pleased with his performance, he cut down most of usual mistakes.
    Last edited by Lithium on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:39 pm
  • Wilson stayed in the pocket, threw with great accuracy, scored on two out of three red-zone trips, made clutch conversions on 3rd-and-10 and 4th-and-2, and spearheaded a potentially game-winning drive. All on the road without two of his primary receivers. That's exactly what I wanted to see. His best game of the season.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:41 pm
  • RW lead the team for the go ahead TD with about 5 minutes in the 4th quarter. He threw the ball to Tate, Rice, and Miler, their best options, so I feel real good abour RW's growth from today from the 1st week of the season.
    truehawksfan
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:41 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Wilson stayed in the pocket, threw with great accuracy, made clutch conversions on 3rd-and-10 and 4th-and-2, and spearheaded a potentially game-winning drive. All on the road. That's exactly what I wanted to see. His best game of the season.

That throw to Rice I believe it was where it looked like Lions threw the oven with the heat on blast at him, and he stood in the pocket and delivered the strike stands out to me. Dude is on the verge of balling out of control.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:50 pm
  • He aint no Tony Romo, thats for sure.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:53 pm
  • If we're keeping it real, RW did great for the player he is right now, but a "great game" from our QB? Not really. Good/decent I'd say (better than most of the priors with exception of one).

Defense just did not win this battle, that's too bad. Surprisingly higher scoring game than I thought.

I would agree with others in their disappointment with coaches and play calls here as well.

What a bummer, we knew it wouldn't be a walk in the park (right?) but...at the same time we had this.

Lynch is to be loved.
    Last edited by hawkfan1975 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:53 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Wilson stayed in the pocket, threw with great accuracy, made clutch conversions on 3rd-and-10 and 4th-and-2, and spearheaded a potentially game-winning drive. All on the road. That's exactly what I wanted to see. His best game of the season.

That throw to Rice I believe it was where it looked like Lions threw the oven with the heat on blast at him, and he stood in the pocket and delivered the strike stands out to me. Dude is on the verge of balling out of control.

RW's pocket presence has been one of his biggest improvements, I think. The first few weeks he couldn't seem to do that. He doesn't look short at all, I haven't noticed many tipped balls, his accuracy is good (not great yet), his deep ball is the best I've seen on the Hawks in quite a while (not that that's saying a ton), and his decision-making is above average.

There are times when I forget he's a rookie, he's so poised.

...And then he makes a bad decision and I remember that he is. But by all accounts, his work ethic and intelligence are off the charts, and he seems to work harder than anyone to fix his mistakes. Respect that.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:54 pm
  • 652cHAWK wrote:A "great" game? I didn't see a great game by RW, not with those overthows and errant passes. Adequate enough to win, yes, decent yes...... "great game" ....NO. I expect better from our starting qb.

this
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:55 pm
  • jkitsune wrote:
    ...And then he makes a bad decision and I remember that he is. But by all accounts, his work ethic and intelligence are off the charts, and he seems to work harder than anyone to fix his mistakes. Respect that.

and this
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:56 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:
    652cHAWK wrote:A "great" game? I didn't see a great game by RW, not with those overthows and errant passes. Adequate enough to win, yes, decent yes...... "great game" ....NO. I expect better from our starting qb.

this

If your barometer for greatness is that you never see an errant pass in a game, you're going to be disappointed for a long time.

That said, 'great' wouldn't be the word I'd use for this particular game, but I think he looks better almost on a weekly basis. And I think he was good today.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:47 pm
  • So for those that say it wasn't good / great. Dies your opinion change if the deep pass to Rice is 2 inches shorter / Rice waits another second to turn his head and
    catches that deep ball?

He stood in the pocket and delivered he was much calmer and had a really good game. Also note that the first pass is what has been requested here from the opening game - an intermediate route then shortly after a slant route - amazing coaching (sarcasm).

Good / great game with a few throws not great is what you ask for. 1st red zone trip RW had one opportunity for a TD. End of half amazingly called running play instead of giving RW the opportunity for a 15 yarder down the middle.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:57 pm
  • The end of half run was stunning incompetence. I liked Wilson today, I loved his look to Miller in the end zone. His pick reminded me of the one against SFO last week. Lots of time, good protection, should be looking in the middle, throws a high risk ball deep. I'm proud he's the QB of the Seahawks.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:57 pm
  • I can see that a lot of Hawk fans are ready to settle for mediocrity.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:27 pm
  • T-Sizzle wrote:He did...

Disagree.

Interception was awful and took away points.

He overthrew Rice for a TD.

That was the difference in the game. He did not play "great" by any stretch. Did he do well? Sure.. but not great.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:28 pm
  • mikeak wrote:So for those that say it wasn't good / great. Dies your opinion change if the deep pass to Rice is 2 inches shorter / Rice waits another second to turn his head and
    catches that deep ball?

Ah.. yup.

We lost by 4.. Wilson left at least 10 points out there.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:32 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    T-Sizzle wrote:He did...

Disagree.

Interception was awful and took away points.

He overthrew Rice for a TD.

That was the difference in the game. He did not play "great" by any stretch. Did he do well? Sure.. but not great.

We all knew you would be standing in line to make it all Wilsons fault. I mean after all you've not said a kind word about him from the beginning.

I'm really sorry you dislike being a Seahawks fan.

:les:
    Getting ready for some football
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:37 pm
  • jkitsune wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:
    652cHAWK wrote:A "great" game? I didn't see a great game by RW, not with those overthows and errant passes. Adequate enough to win, yes, decent yes...... "great game" ....NO. I expect better from our starting qb.

this

If your barometer for greatness is that you never see an errant pass in a game, you're going to be disappointed for a long time.

That said, 'great' wouldn't be the word I'd use for this particular game, but I think he looks better almost on a weekly basis. And I think he was good today.

".....you never see an errant pass in a game, you're going to be disappointed for a long time"

True that, though I wasn't really going there. Just feel he played as well today as he did against the Panthers, and that game was littered with penalties where this game wasn't. As I said, decent enough to win, albeit we didn't here because this game is all on our D.
    652cHAWK
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:55 pm
  • v1rotv2 wrote:I can see that a lot of Hawk fans are ready to settle for mediocrity.

You can 'see' what?

Back on subject, we are talking about a pretty good game on the road from our Rookie QB... Isn't improvement something one looks for from a rookie? I saw no posts that indicated 'settling' for anything. At the risk of going off topic again, we are still only 2.5 seasons since the start of a ground-up rebuild.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:23 pm
  • HawKnPeppa wrote:
    v1rotv2 wrote:I can see that a lot of Hawk fans are ready to settle for mediocrity.

You can 'see' what?

Back on subject, we are talking about a pretty good game on the road from our Rookie QB... Isn't improvement something one looks for from a rookie? I saw no posts that indicated 'settling' for anything. At the risk of going off topic again, we are still only 2.5 seasons since the start of a ground-up rebuild.

:13:
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:26 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:The int was pretty bad, but otherwise he was solid.

I don't think it was all that bad. Int on a long ball attempt...could have happened to anyone really.

On a side note, I see there are still a lot of people around here wearing Flynn colored glasses.

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:20 pm
  • He had a good game for sure. Not great but glad to see improvement each week.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:31 pm
  • Q B O T F

We are at the very beginning of a new era. Great game for this point in his career. A year from now, I expect better. A year after that, I expect pro-bowl performances. For years to come.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:33 pm
  • HawkAroundTheClock wrote:Q B O T F

We are at the very beginning of a new era. Great game for this point in his career. A year from now, I expect better. A year after that, I expect pro-bowl performances. For years to come.

Wouldn't that be something! Very excited by his progress and basically the only salve for this game.
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

Jack Dempsey
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:39 pm
  • Sprfunk wrote:All three phases...
    Can we please have a total game from O D and ST?
    Still a lot of time left though.

Can anyone share the last time we played a reputable team and won with a total game ????
    TLD0550
    NET Starter

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:56 pm
  • I will say that is nice to have a Seahawks qb that can throw the long ball.Love that Wilson goes deeeep at least once a game.
    yummy down on this throbbing pole of hot man chicken.
    legend38
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:37 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    mikeak wrote:So for those that say it wasn't good / great. Dies your opinion change if the deep pass to Rice is 2 inches shorter / Rice waits another second to turn his head and
    catches that deep ball?

Ah.. yup.

We lost by 4.. Wilson left at least 10 points out there.

And this is what I disagree with. Receiver starts looking early slows down or a pass is a few inches overthrown due to a myriad of reason. This can change the outcome of the game but does not alter if a qb played good. Unless it is a continuous issue...

The first drive run 1st, run 2nd pass 3rd. Not critiquing the call (even if I didn't like it) but you can't blame the qb. The redline is tight and especially within the last 10 yards. To have one attempt is not leaving points on the field...
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:10 pm
  • Wilson is now playing at the adequate level we need for this team to win with the defense we had. Unfortunately, now that defense seems to have been exposed due to an inability to stop the dink and dunk. I also think the loss of Jones hurt us immensely. Our 4 man rush was enough with him out there, now it isn't.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:21 pm
  • He's improving and that's what he needed to show as a rookie. We can't ask for much more than that.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:35 pm
  • Bakergirl wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:The int was pretty bad, but otherwise he was solid.

I don't think it was all that bad. Int on a long ball attempt...could have happened to anyone really.

On a side note, I see there are still a lot of people around here wearing Flynn colored glasses.

It was bad because there was a very large window where he could make a much safer throw and still get a big gain. He waited too long and even then if he throws a little short it's probably a long completion, but instead he goes too deep and doesn't notice the safety waiting there to rob him. It was his biggest mistake of the game and it cost us, but it didn't cost us the game. 1 big mistake in an overall very well played game by the young QB.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:11 am
  • I believe today's game proves RW3 should immediately be enshrined in the HOF and Ring of Honor.....oh, yeah, and retire his number too.
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *

Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:09 am
  • Ah, c'mon. Put it into context and he was gr8 like Sugar Frosted Flakes!

He was:
    -Great compared to his week one performance.
    -Great compared to most any 3rd round rookie starter
    -Great in the pocket compared to most ANY rookie starter
    -Great composure for a rookie

A great NFL QB? Not yet, as he will readily admit. Can we stop with the Hyperbole? I don't recall any posts in this thread stating that RW has reached great NFL QB status, is an HOFer, has become an all-pro or otherwise.

For all of you that just like to strike out at something after a loss, the 'D' (or lack of) is a much more deserving target, IMO. To the Flynn boosters, sorry, I don't have an answer for that obsession.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:17 am
  • HawKnPeppa wrote:Ah, c'mon. Put it into context and he was gr8 like Sugar Frosted Flakes!

He was:
    -Great compared to his week one performance.
    -Great compared to most any 3rd round rookie starter
    -Great in the pocket compared to most ANY rookie starter
    -Great composure for a rookie

A great NFL QB? Not yet, as he will readily admit. Can we stop with the Hyperbole? I don't recall any posts in this thread stating that RW has reached great NFL QB status, is an HOFer, has become an all-pro or otherwise.

For all of you that just like to strike out at something after a loss, the 'D' (or lack of) is a much more deserving target, IMO. To the Flynn boosters, sorry, I don't have an answer for that obsession.

Saying he was great because "compared to how he played before" is like saying Ryan Leaf was great because he threw less INT than a previous game or kicked and screamed less than he had two weeks prior.

While I agree that he looked very good and like a starting caliber QB, we have to also understand this was against a terrible Detroit passing D, then also realize they were missing multiple starters in their secondary. He was great compared to how he has looked on the road, but in real terms, he was merely adequate.

Wilson appears to be making strides, which is exciting. But he also keeps making a lot of mistakes. That INT should have been thrown 5-10 yards shorter and 3 seconds earlier where/when Rice was actually wide open, screaming for the ball. It was a rookie mistake, I get that, but it was still a terrible choice and not one a QB that played a great game makes.
    rsRyno
    NET Bench Warmer

Next

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information