Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: strong home field advantage hurts us
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:08 pm 
NET Veteran

its a mental thing. For some reason we just look like a COMPLETELY different team away from home.

wins against dallas, green bay, and new england but loses against arizona, st Louis and detroit. Barely beat carolina. This team is a joke on the road thats why i never count on them to come through on the road

Post subject: Re: strong home field advantage hurts us
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:08 pm 
NET Veteran

I cry

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:10 pm 
* NET Moderator *

Its not a Seahawks thing. Its an NFL thing. It's not easy to win on the road.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:13 pm 
NET Veteran

seahawks have one of the worst road records in their history. It's a seahawks thing too... being so far away in the northwest, playing away from a great home stadium, etc... just look at this season. There's no way we would have beat GB, dallas, and NE on the road. No way.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:16 pm 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

Although all teams historically are better at home than away, there's no doubt in my mind, NO doubt in my mind that the 12th Man Effect plays a key role in playing so differently on the road. Most teams at least somewhat resemble themselves on the road where the Seahawks tend to look like a completely different - and extremely sub par - team on the road versus how they look at home.

The gap is atrocious.

It's like the Seahawks are the junkies and the 12th Man is their fix. On the road they simply look like junkies immersed in withdrawal.

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:18 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

yes nfl teams are better at home than on the road but the seahawks gap between how they perform at home vs the road is way to large.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:29 pm 
NET Veteran

Aros wrote:
Although all teams historically are better at home than away, there's no doubt in my mind, NO doubt in my mind that the 12th Man Effect plays a key role in playing so differently on the road. Most teams at least somewhat resemble themselves on the road where the Seahawks tend to look like a completely different - and extremely sub par - team on the road versus how they look at home.

The gap is atrocious.

It's like the Seahawks are the junkies and the 12th Man is their fix. On the road they simply look like junkies immersed in withdrawal.

I started a thread around a year ago on this same topic. As great as it is to have the 12th man it masks the how good or bad we really are. Giants are not great at home but real good on the road. Surprised they won the bowl last year?

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:30 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

Stop being so negative.

:3-1:

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:32 pm 
NET Veteran

it's the same way with the huskies; almost as though both the huskies and seahawks are way too dependent on the crowd at clink.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]