This season is over. No way in hell we make the playoffs now

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Our "elite" defense just threw our entire season in the trash against the Lions.

    So much for that.
    User avatar
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 1874
    Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:30 pm
    Location: Lynnwood, WA


  • Suck for Luck!!!
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18527
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • Gus Bradley needs to be spanked.
    User avatar
    SuperFreak
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 417
    Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:35 pm


  • Agreed. I'm so done defending these guys. Earn Everything? They just earned an 8-8 season, and frankly, Pete just earned a much hotter seat. For all the talent on this team, we should blowing an injured Lions team out of the water. Instead all we blew was a ten-point lead. This conservative play calling nonsense has simply got to go. My kingdom for a coordinator who puts the pedal to the metal for sixty-one minutes!
    "I'm gonna call him--what do you call the guy on the trampoline?--Harry Houdini or something like that." -Warren Moon on Golden Tate
    User avatar
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1124
    Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:51 pm


Depressing loss
Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:09 pm
  • Team just isn't that good, no way in hell did I think we would lose to the Lions this week.

    I don't see anything much better than 8-8 pass defense is bottom 10 without a doubt and the offense isn't consistant enough.

    A season that looked so promising doesn't look like much now.

    Oh we can't win on the road 10+ years and counting now.
    Image
    "Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan after Super Bowl XLVIII
    User avatar
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2205
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Raised: Florida


  • D isn't even close to being special, or elite. Way too many flaws. The entire D got overrated just because of a 1st half against GB and because our secondary hits hard. D is a complete embarrassment on 3rd down.
    ShaunPope
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 186
    Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:10 pm
    Location: Everett, WA


  • I just love seeing other teams tear us apart on 3rd down.
    User avatar
    Decimation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 747
    Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 9:28 am


  • 3rd down performance not good enough all year.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7944
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


  • 12 for 16 3rd down conversion for Lions. Wow.
    Image
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    User avatar
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 600
    Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:50 pm


  • I'm just glad we're not overreacting.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2835
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • Season's not over. Obviously a heartbreaking loss, and you can focus all you want on how poorly the D played, but I choose to be really encouraged by the pass protection, RW, and Sidney Rice. I still think the future looks incredibly bright for this team, and while I called 8 or 9 wins coming into the season, I still think this team has a reasonable shot at 10 wins on that schedule.

    And if they do wind up at 8 or 9 wins? I'm still really, really encouraged by the talent on the roster.
    User avatar
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2105
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm


  • pinksheets wrote:I'm just glad we're not overreacting.

    :13:

    Probably going to be some calling for Paul Allen to sell the team.
    P-Rich fo life
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2491
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


  • Hawken-Dazs wrote:12 for 16 3rd down conversion for Lions. Wow.


    Thats a really really really really reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally
    reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally
    reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally
    reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally bad stat.
    Last edited by NFSeahawks628 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Image
    "Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan after Super Bowl XLVIII
    User avatar
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2205
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Raised: Florida


  • I agree no play offs for tge hawks this year.
    User avatar
    Joey13091
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 719
    Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:13 pm


  • T-Sizzle wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:I'm just glad we're not overreacting.

    :13:

    Probably going to be some calling for Paul Allen to sell the team.

    We should be happy that this team can't win on the road.
    User avatar
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 3512
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
    Location: St. Louis, MO


  • At least we still have half of a season to let the team develope.
    Might as well let it all hang out now, which we should have been doing anyway.
    Chapman
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 707
    Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 8:14 am


  • you guys are funny, see you next sunday
    User avatar
    Hawkaholic
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 2043
    Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:17 am


  • Rat wrote:
    T-Sizzle wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:I'm just glad we're not overreacting.

    :13:

    Probably going to be some calling for Paul Allen to sell the team.

    We should be happy that this team can't win on the road.

    I agree who needs to win on the road.
    Image
    "Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan after Super Bowl XLVIII
    User avatar
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2205
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Raised: Florida


  • Jesus Christ, can we keep this kind of bullshit in the Gameday forum please? You goddam Nancies.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14239
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


  • jkitsune wrote:Season's not over. Obviously a heartbreaking loss, and you can focus all you want on how poorly the D played, but I choose to be really encouraged by the pass protection, RW, and Sidney Rice. I still think the future looks incredibly bright for this team, and while I called 8 or 9 wins coming into the season, I still think this team has a reasonable shot at 10 wins on that schedule.

    And if they do wind up at 8 or 9 wins? I'm still really, really encouraged by the talent on the roster.


    Think the Eagles are satisfied with all the talent on their roster? Talent is only worth something if you live up to it. And this is the NFL, dude, there are no pats on the back for a good try. There are wins, and there are losses.
    "I'm gonna call him--what do you call the guy on the trampoline?--Harry Houdini or something like that." -Warren Moon on Golden Tate
    User avatar
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1124
    Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:51 pm


  • NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    Rat wrote:We should be happy that this team can't win on the road.

    I agree who needs to win on the road.

    Yeah, that's what I'm doing. Advocating gleeful celebration after a loss. No, I'm saying that we're 4-4 and the season isn't over. We've won games that we thought were going to be losses, lost games we thought would be wins, that's the nature of the NFL. I'm not ready to write the whole season off as a .500 team because I'm upset about this game.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2835
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • If you're giving up on the season at the halfway point you're a pussy.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14239
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


  • I'm not even mad, just disappointed.

    That being said, is the season over? No. But I personally think that now we probably will not make the playoffs.

    TBH, we just aren't that good. Are we better than last year? Yes. But we aren't playoff good right now. I will eat crow if we make playoffs, and I hope we do. But I don't see that happening. Offense played well enough to win for sure today, which imo makes this loss even worse. I don't care what their offense is ranked, that is a poor excuse...
    Last edited by TheLargentLine on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    TheLargentLine
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 200
    Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:35 pm
    Location: Olympia


  • Fox0r wrote:Our "elite" defense just threw our entire season in the trash against the Lions.

    So much for that.


    I like you dude but you are one big damned quitter. EVERY week you say the season is over for one reason or another. If its not "the season is over" its "this team is horrible". every week, no matter what (usually in chat, sometimes here) LOT of football left to play including a bunch of home games vs division rivals and other teams. Lot of changes to stay in the race this year. The team does have to start winning these close ones though, but the season is not over. Not by a longshot.

    It can't possibly be enjoyable to be that down in the dumps all the time.
    Last edited by bellingerga on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5311
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:28 pm
    Location: Beaverton, Oregon


  • Zebulon Dak wrote:If you're giving up on the season at the halfway point you're a pussy.


    And if you think we can play like this for another 8 games and make the playoffs, you're in denial.
    "I'm gonna call him--what do you call the guy on the trampoline?--Harry Houdini or something like that." -Warren Moon on Golden Tate
    User avatar
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1124
    Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:51 pm


  • Zebulon Dak wrote:If you're giving up on the season at the halfway point you're a pussy.


    And that's putting it nicely. Seriously, if you're giving up at the halfway point in the season then you are a loser with a loser's mentality.
    User avatar
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 1876
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:16 pm
    Location: Lacey, WA


  • Sure would have been nice to get this one, but 6-2 in the second half is barely possible, and if they can somehow get both the Bears and the Vikes among those 6 wins, a 10-6 record should get them in. But losing this one pretty much killed any margin for error -- can't drop a home game now.
    Q: “What is your thing?”
    A: “Lay back, kick back, mind my business, stay in my own lane.”
    User avatar
    VivaEfrenHerrera
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 998
    Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:03 pm
    Location: Mudbone's rumpus room


  • Exactly we're half way done.. Our offense is getting better..

    They MUST fix the defense on 3rd and long.. Soft zone sucks BIG TIME..
    redeye81
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1214
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
    Location: Boise


  • WindCityHawk wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:If you're giving up on the season at the halfway point you're a pussy.


    And if you think we can play like this for another 8 games and make the playoffs, you're in denial.

    We've come out at .500 after a rigorous first half. We're playing pretty well overall. That's not to say improvements aren't needed, the 3rd and long crap has been happening all year and it's absurd it hasn't been fixed.

    I'm just saying our defense is good and has been good through 7 games, blowing it in the 8th does not prove that they are "pretenders". A young team struggling to be consistent doesn't mean the season is over. They need to regroup, adjust, and improve. So do most of the teams we'll be competing for a playoff spot with.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2835
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • WindCityHawk wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:If you're giving up on the season at the halfway point you're a pussy.


    And if you think we can play like this for another 8 games and make the playoffs, you're in denial.


    Who said anybody thinks that?

    C'mon guys. Let's not be pussies. This is football. This is no place for pussies.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14239
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


  • Yep, soft zone sucks. Do we always go into that because we lack personnel?

    Anyways, season is NOT over, but we'll need some luck/help to make the playoffs.
    User avatar
    seanoob
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 248
    Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:03 am


  • WindCityHawk wrote:
    jkitsune wrote:Season's not over. Obviously a heartbreaking loss, and you can focus all you want on how poorly the D played, but I choose to be really encouraged by the pass protection, RW, and Sidney Rice. I still think the future looks incredibly bright for this team, and while I called 8 or 9 wins coming into the season, I still think this team has a reasonable shot at 10 wins on that schedule.

    And if they do wind up at 8 or 9 wins? I'm still really, really encouraged by the talent on the roster.


    Think the Eagles are satisfied with all the talent on their roster? Talent is only worth something if you live up to it. And this is the NFL, dude, there are no pats on the back for a good try. There are wins, and there are losses.


    Sure, but we're talking about a roster filled with 23 year olds. Not a roster filled with players in their prime. There is absolutely no rational reason to decide, based on the last two weeks, that players like Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, Browner, Wagner, Wright, Clemons, Bryant, Mebane, Lynch, Wilson, Carp (who btw seems to have found his calling at guard), Unger, and Rice "aren't living up to their potential."

    And yeah, I know not all of the players I listed are actually as young as I mentioned, but a lot of them are. If these same players are 8-8 in two years, we'll talk about the Eagles comparison again. But for now, I think you're over-reacting, dude.
    User avatar
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2105
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm


  • I'll say it now, 12-4.
    User avatar
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2717
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am


  • bellingerga wrote:
    Fox0r wrote:Our "elite" defense just threw our entire season in the trash against the Lions.

    So much for that.


    I like you dude but you are one big damned quitter. EVERY week you say the season is over for one reason or another. If its not "the season is over" its "this team is horrible". every week, no matter what (usually in chat, sometimes here) LOT of football left to play including a bunch of home games vs division rivals and other teams. Lot of changes to stay in the race this year. The team does have to start winning these close ones though, but the season is not over. Not by a longshot.

    It can't possibly be enjoyable to be that down in the dumps all the time.


    I will never deny I am a glass half-empty person. Had some really bad stuff happen when I was a kid, so psychologically I tend to believe things will always end up as a let down in the end. Try not to be that way, but it's almost nature to me. Just tired of disappointment.
    User avatar
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 1874
    Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:30 pm
    Location: Lynnwood, WA


  • 5 games left at home. Not impossible to go 6-2 and sneak in.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 14777
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Fox0r wrote:
    bellingerga wrote:
    Fox0r wrote:Our "elite" defense just threw our entire season in the trash against the Lions.

    So much for that.


    I like you dude but you are one big damned quitter. EVERY week you say the season is over for one reason or another. If its not "the season is over" its "this team is horrible". every week, no matter what (usually in chat, sometimes here) LOT of football left to play including a bunch of home games vs division rivals and other teams. Lot of changes to stay in the race this year. The team does have to start winning these close ones though, but the season is not over. Not by a longshot.

    It can't possibly be enjoyable to be that down in the dumps all the time.


    I will never deny I am a glass half-empty person. Had some really bad stuff happen when I was a kid, so psychologically I tend to believe things will always end up as a let down in the end. Try not to be that way, but it's almost nature to me. Just tired of disappointment.


    I really do believe that next year will be amazing.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11247
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • WindCityHawk wrote:Agreed. I'm so done defending these guys. Earn Everything? They just earned an 8-8 season, and frankly, Pete just earned a much hotter seat. For all the talent on this team, we should blowing an injured Lions team out of the water. Instead all we blew was a ten-point lead. This conservative play calling nonsense has simply got to go. My kingdom for a coordinator who puts the pedal to the metal for sixty-one minutes!



    your qb has a 96.8 qbr rating,
    scored 24 points on the road,
    and we blame conservative offensive play calling and not the vaunted D that blew the lead.
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    User avatar
    Seeker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1343
    Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:21 pm


  • Fox0r wrote:
    bellingerga wrote:
    Fox0r wrote:Our "elite" defense just threw our entire season in the trash against the Lions.

    So much for that.


    I like you dude but you are one big damned quitter. EVERY week you say the season is over for one reason or another. If its not "the season is over" its "this team is horrible". every week, no matter what (usually in chat, sometimes here) LOT of football left to play including a bunch of home games vs division rivals and other teams. Lot of changes to stay in the race this year. The team does have to start winning these close ones though, but the season is not over. Not by a longshot.

    It can't possibly be enjoyable to be that down in the dumps all the time.


    I will never deny I am a glass half-empty person. Had some really bad stuff happen when I was a kid, so psychologically I tend to believe things will always end up as a let down in the end. Try not to be that way, but it's almost nature to me. Just tired of disappointment.


    I am, too. Huge cynic, huge pessimist, but when I come on .NET after a loss it's like I want to start complaining about how I got into a bad car wreck and my ride is totaled but the people I want to bitch to/with all found out their entire family was killed by a mountain lion so I have to do a complete 180.

    I just don't get why we should get completely fatalistic at this point, totally fine with being pissed at our defense, coaching, or whoever is to blame this week.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2835
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • There was nothing conservative about the playcalling this week. I REALLY don't understand that complaint. Nearly every snap was a play-action with a deep look, and the O moved pretty well for most of the game. Playcalling wasn't perfect, I know, but 'conservative' is not the word I would use on offense.
    User avatar
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2105
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm


  • Remember a a lot of fans were saying a 4-4 start would be good with this schedule. Tough lost, D laid an egg. Honestly it was a lack of pass rush you have to fluster the quarterback in this league or you'll give up third and long. Offense is growing, you can see the growth. Scored TDs in the redzone instead of fieldgoals. Pass protection is getting better no sacks against that front 4 on the road is pretty good. I don't agree with abandoning the run only ran it 19 times need to be a little more balanced than that, but RW is deadly off PA. This season isn't over not even close. 5 out of 8 games at home in the second half they need to make adjustments fix third and long and continue to grow offensivley
    BAllenHawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 276
    Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 10:45 am
    Location: Tri-Cities, WA


  • why didnt sea blitz wagner up the middle anymore? hell he cant play zone so at least use him for something
    kendog2639
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 334
    Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:18 am


  • The reality is we are 4-4 and 0-3 in the division. This is bad. I would feel way more confident if we won all of out games in division and lost to the pats gb and panthers and won all division games.
    User avatar
    Joey13091
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 719
    Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:13 pm


  • We're still a very young team, I'm not concerned at all

    Calm down you bandwagon hoppers, if this is what makes you crumble I suggest you root for someone else

    We'll be fine
    User avatar
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 374
    Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 am
    Location: Tacoma, WA


  • Well crap, I hate to remind of this but our offensive success today *also* goes hand in hand with the fact that we're playing a 22 ranked DET D.
    I love seeing the points and O improvement (much needed) but we also should buffer it with some of these realities.

    But quitting now? Nobody recalls the kingdome years?
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 654
    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:14 pm


  • If people want to quit and give up on the team Im sure Atlanta or Houston could use fans. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    P-Rich fo life
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2491
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


  • This is what happens when you exit the bandwagon too quickly.

    Image
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18439
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


  • To make the playoffs we need to go 6-2...can happen, but odds are against us. We lose a lot of the tiebreakers but can earn them back with the wins we should get against our divison.
    User avatar
    hawksmode
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 1138
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:31 am
    Location: Washington


  • Zebulon Dak wrote:If you're giving up on the season at the halfway point you're a pussy.


    I agree with Zeb. Go ahead and jump off the bandwagon bitches.
    Image
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22742
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014




It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:13 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online