Why the obsession with passing?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Why the obsession with passing?
Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:45 pm
  • The things I would like to see are more runs/ at least have a RB in the back field on 3rd and 4 and shorter and more 2 TE 2 WR 1 RB sets.

I would love to see them come out and run the ball 4-6 times for + yardage in said set and then run an out and seam with the TEs and deep comeback and slant with the WR. We could really benefit from a few 6 yard passes running in a more balanced set.
    "If we lose ... this place will be a Carnival of Stupidity." FlyingGreg
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:23 am
  • I'd like to see a Quarter-by-Quarter play breakdown.
    We ARE a run-focused offense at the moment, and the only reason our pass attempt are remotely close to our rushing attempts is because we've had to abandon the run late in games to score points as we've been behind as time winds down.

The Arizona game alone we dropped back 23 times and rushed just 5 times in the 4th quarter, all this means that to have a balanced pass/run ratio we must have rushed far more in the first 3 quarters.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:59 am
  • SuperBowlXLChamps wrote:Why does everyone think we need to go out and basically abandon the run (like the rest of the league) and air it out? I have no problem being 55% Run plays and 45% Pass plays. If Wilson doesn't throw those picks in the Rams game and we don't have all those WR drops in the 49ers game we easily could have won one if not both of those games. I really don't have much of a problem with the playcalling, it's the execution. Throwing more times just increases the chances of turnovers.

it's a passing league. You can't win jack without an effective passing game. Doesnt mean you need to abandon the run, just be able rely on it when it's time to run. But the focus of offenses in todays NFL is clearly the pass game.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    U MAD BRAH?
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:22 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information