Ducks drop to 4th in BCS

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Ducks drop to 4th in BCS
Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:01 pm
  • 1. Alabama
    2. Florida
    3. kansas State
    4. Oregon
    5. Notre Dame
    6. LSU
    7. Oregon State
    8. Oklahoma
    9. USC
    10. Georgia

I know these rankings are meaningless at this time but its still frustrating. Weak ass pac 12 is killing us. Oregon, USC and 10 crappy teams. Really chaps my hide that K. State jumped over us when we were scheduled to play them this year until they pussed out and backed out of it.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Re: Ducks drop to 4th in BCS
Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:27 pm
  • Agreed, a terrible Big 12 that is hideously overrated is getting more credit than the Pac 12. I'd love to see Oregon against the SEC winner in the title game, that will be a fun game to watch.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:39 pm
  • Oregon will be fine if they win out

USCx2, Stanford, Oregon State

Oregon will remain #2 in the Coaches and Harris poll and that's 2/3 of the BCS formula. Once their computer ranking goes up after beating tougher opponents it's all gravy.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:06 pm
  • cesame wrote:Oregon will be fine if they win out

USCx2, Stanford, Oregon State

Yup.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:13 pm
  • Kinda stings worse knowing we had Kansas lined up as a preseason game and they pulled out. If they get in and not Oregon, I hope they get slaughtered. That being said, I don't think they go undefeated.
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:21 am
  • sturg78 wrote:Kinda stings worse knowing we had Kansas lined up as a preseason game and they pulled out. If they get in and not Oregon, I hope they get slaughtered. That being said, I don't think they go undefeated.

No-one in the big 12 is beating K-state. Oklahoma was probably the best chance of that. They'll go undefeated and get in, because the big 12 did very well out-of-conference. There's also several ranked teams in the big 12.

I gotta say, though, Bill Snyder has to be a lock for the college football hall of fame at this point. 2 years ago, K-state were literally at the bottom of the big 12. that he has taken them not only to being big-12 contenders, but NC contenders in 2 years is nothing shrt of amazing, ESPECIALLY given that they don't exactly have an easy time recruiting.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:39 am
  • i know, this whole dropping to #4 is rediculous.... so here's to next weeks match-ups

GO DUCKS (Colorado @ #2 Oregon)
    GO BULLDOGS (#2 Florida @ #10 Georgia)
    GO RED RAIDERS (#14 Texas Tech @ #3 Kansas St)

and ahh hell, GO BULLDOGS AGAIN (#11 Mississippi St @ #1 Alabama)

Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:40 am
  • JSeahawks wrote: Weak ass pac 12 is killing us.

I don't think your out of conference schedule is doing you any favors...

Arkansas State, Sunbelt Conference, game played in Eugene

Fresno State, Mountain West Conference, game played in Eugene

Tennessee Tech, Ohio Valley Conference of the FCS (Division I-AA), game played in Eugene

I mean c'mon man, that schedule is a joke. You don't think that is hurting you at least as much as the "weak ass pac 12"?
    Marshawn Lynch wrote:yeah
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:44 am
  • djTOY2000 wrote:i know, this whole dropping to #4 is rediculous.... so here's to next weeks match-ups

GO DUCKS (Colorado @ #2 Oregon)
    GO BULLDOGS (#2 Florida @ #10 Georgia)
    GO RED RAIDERS (#14 Texas Tech @ #3 Kansas St)

and ahh hell, GO BULLDOGS AGAIN (#11 Mississippi St @ #1 Alabama)

I think a lot of Oregon fans know that as the season goes on Oregon will jump Kansas State if Oregon stays undefeated, regardless if Kansas State stays undefeated or not.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:45 am
  • Chapow wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote: Weak ass pac 12 is killing us.

Tennessee Tech, Ohio Valley Conference of the FCS (Division I-AA), game played in Eugene

I mean c'mon man, that schedule is a joke. You don't think that is hurting you at least as much as the "weak ass pac 12"?

Like it's been said in this very thread

Oregon had Kansas State scheduled but at the last minute Kansas State canceled. It's not Oregon's fault.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:19 pm
  • cesame wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote: Weak ass pac 12 is killing us.

Like it's been said in this very thread

Oregon had Kansas State scheduled but at the last minute Kansas State canceled. It's not Oregon's fault.

I am aware of that and I understand that K State backing out is not Oregons fault. That doesn't change the fact that Oregons out of conference schedule that they actually played was very, very weak.
    I just said I think their out of conference schedule is hurting them at least as much as the "weak ass Pac 12". You don't?
    Keep in mind that the BCS standings don't take in to account who they were supposed to play, only who they actually did play.
    Marshawn Lynch wrote:yeah
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:10 pm
  • The big thing is they haven't played the toughest teams in the PAC 12 yet (OSU, USC, STAN). That will help more than anything.

USC and OSU are both ranked in the top 10, and Stanford will be about a top 15 team when they face them. I expect USC to knock off ND and that will only help as well. Oregon's schedule will be fine.

Kansas State's "tough schedule" is over. Kansas State going into the weak part of their schedule as Oregon goes into the toughest part of their schedule will make it very easy for Oregon to jump Kansas State.

I hope Kansas State enjoys it while it lasts. By the end of the year they'll be wishing they didn't cancel Oregon as Oregon will have played a tougher conference schedule than Kansas State.

So much for the "weak azz PAC 12"
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:26 pm
  • Doesn't really matter, as this year all you have to do to make it to the title game is be one of the top 4 teams right?

If Oregon stays unbeated, I don't see them falling out of the top 4. Doesn't matter if their 1, 2, 3, or 4 as long as they bring home the gold in the end. Just ask the Giants.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:36 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:Doesn't really matter, as this year all you have to do to make it to the title game is be one of the top 4 teams right?

If Oregon stays unbeated, I don't see them falling out of the top 4. Doesn't matter if their 1, 2, 3, or 4 as long as they bring home the gold in the end. Just ask the Giants.

Nope, that starts next year. This year its the same old BCS 1 vs 2.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:48 am
  • Sorry to spoil the party but the ducks won't win out but I bet they'll still end up in a title game.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:21 am
  • Crap. Make what you want out of the SEC, but damn near every ranked team in that conference plays 8 or 9 "home" games a year. They get away with it cuz its been going on for decades. Oregon copies their model and is penalized. Go Figure!
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:36 pm
  • ESPN is predicting that the Ducks will get jumped by Notre Dame this week, making it 3 weeks in a row that a team jumps over the Ducks in the BCS standings.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:11 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:ESPN is predicting that the Ducks will get jumped by Notre Dame this week, making it 3 weeks in a row that a team jumps over the Ducks in the BCS standings.

I think thats likely, but not a certainty. The Ducks should stay a solid #2 in the human polls, and will probably actually be stronger in those since Florida was the team that was stealing some of our 2nd place votes. It's the computers that are hurting the Ducks right now, but at least temporarily the Washington win over the Beavers helps the Ducks, since we've already beaten WAshington. Of course, after we play the Beavers, then this Washington win hurts us because the Beavs wont be ranked as high.

Also, Oklahoma losing today weakens Kansas State's resume, which will hurt them in the computer rankings.

In the end you just gotta beat who's on your schedule and hope its enough. gonna be tough at USC next week.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:01 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:In the end you just gotta beat who's on your schedule and hope its enough. gonna be tough at USC next week.

Next week will either help clarify things or throw everything into a blender.

Alabama is at LSU
    Kansas State hosts Oklahoma State
    Oregon is at USC
    Notre Dame hosts Pittsburgh
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:53 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:Doesn't really matter, as this year all you have to do to make it to the title game is be one of the top 4 teams right?

Nope, that starts next year. This year its the same old BCS 1 vs 2.

Wow that sucks. Ducks might be in trouble then.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:00 am
  • MANUNITED23 wrote:Sorry to spoil the party but the ducks won't win out but I bet they'll still end up in a title game.

:sarcasm_off:
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:15 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information