This season feels...

kearly

Reaction score

sleepy.

It's the sleepiest 4-3 start I can ever remember. Which is even stranger since six of those seven games came down to the wire. We have a legit playoff caliber team that is definitely in the playoff race. I feel pretty confident about being in the playoff hunt in the final week of the season. And yet, there are no butterflies in the stomach this year before Seahawks games. No nerves. And losses don't hurt that much, even though losses hurt way more in winning seasons. It's weird.

Maybe it's just me.

lukerguy

Reaction score
It may not be just you, but it's certainly not me. This is the first year I have ever felt sick to my stomach before kickoff. I get way to worked up when things to wrong and way to excited when things go right. I get the worst butterflies right before kickoff.

Lithium

Reaction score
I definitely cant say the same thing. Has been the most nerve wrecking season in a long time for me, mostly b/c the games come down to the wire.

Reaction score
I think you're crazy. I've had heart palpitations every game we've been in! I feel confident until we fail to make the comeback, but the nerves (for me) are even greater because we've been in every single game.

pehawk

Reaction score
The losses dont hurt as much, because your superior ability to analyze a game. So you understand what went wrong in the loss. You can boil it down to a blown assignment, or a QB missing a wide-open WR, or switching to zone coverage. Instead of screaming WTF!!! Savages used to be scared and respectful of the sun, until science came along and explained it. Very similar.

Also, there's the knowledge that despite what happens on Sundays, this team's a timebomb who'll eventually slay their opponents, at will. Unlike Seahawks teams of the past, where it's a question of "if"...this team's dominance is only a question of "when".

hawksfan515

Reaction score
I think it's due to the sleepy offense a little. Just think, the most exciting aspect of football (passing offense) is what we are worst at. We also make other teams passing offenses very bad, without getting many INT's. Makes our game's pretty boring.

I like them though.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
kearly":9q18bbhf said:

sleepy.

It's the sleepiest 4-3 start I can ever remember. Which is even stranger since six of those seven games came down to the wire. We have a legit playoff caliber team that is definitely in the playoff race. I feel pretty confident about being in the playoff hunt in the final week of the season. And yet, there are no butterflies in the stomach this year before Seahawks games. No nerves. And losses don't hurt that much, even though losses hurt way more in winning seasons. It's weird.

Maybe it's just me.
Maybe it's just the lull from having to wait 10 days between games. Bye weeks always feel a little sleepy. Or maybe you're just getting older and losing your testoterone.

Let's see if you still feel this way after this next game.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
lukerguy":pooru1yx said:
It may not be just you, but it's certainly not me. This is the first year I have ever felt sick to my stomach before kickoff. I get way to worked up when things to wrong and way to excited when things go right. I get the worst butterflies right before kickoff.

At the Clink, I am quite calm, but watching on TV is nerve racking. I just record the game and watch it after it is over......if it is worth watching.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I feel the same way as Kearly - there have certainly been highs and lows but frankly I seem to feel that the first 13 games are basically a formality to shape the play-off scenario.

Maybe I shouldn't be so confident but I honestly feel that this team is as good as the 2005 team in many ways and will be better than that team next year.

Last year reminded me of 2002 Seahawk team that saw us finish 7-9 but finish the last 6 games with the league's best offense.

This year feels like 2003 where we finished 10-6, made the play-offs, got the ball but didn't score.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I can't get too terribly anxious or down, because the Hawks are competitive despite the 'other side of the ball' still being under development. The Niner game affected me a bit more because of the many meanings attached to it. Think of how significant that game will be in C-Link if we are still in the race by then.

Tical21

Reaction score
I agree. To me our best football and legitimate contender chances are a few years away. I'm enjoying watching the defense and hoping like heck that Wilson evolves, but my expectations aren't such that a single win or loss will dictate how I feel about this squad. Talk to me in a couple years.

Danimal

Reaction score
This team gives me the (awesome) feeling that we could finally have a franchise capable of getting hot at the end of a season and go on a surprise championship run ala NYG in 2007. For so long it's felt like we inevitably get weaker as the season goes on and a playoff berth with end road playoff loss. Now it feels like if we get hot in December anything is really possible given the strong defensive play.

I have to say I'm as excited as ever to watch the Seahawks this year, but I'm expecting them to get things going and see the offense start executing more as they have had more reps.

Tailspin Hawk Fan

Reaction score
This Detroit game is the first game that I'm not hyper-nervous about. All the others ... pacing, high blood pressure, swearing ... and totally exhausted by the end of the game.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I trust in the talent of this defense. That's why it's been a little slower. I don't worry about them giving up 40 points. I know we're going to be in the game in the 4th quarter.

skater18000

Reaction score
Were overlooking these guys I over looked 49ers thought they were gonna get out manned by significant unfavorable matchups for them