Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:32 pm
  • SeaChase wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:So anyone who thinks Flynn was a better play to start the year secretly hopes we lose now? Do we secretly hope for an injury also? WOW just wow !

Im a fan regardless of who's playing QB..

What a crap of back track. You said Pete should be replaced. This has nothing to do with Flynn or Wilson. You have said that the Coach that has built one of the better Seahawk teams we have had should be replaced.. probably cause he hasent done what you wanted at QB. Go ahead get all self righteous. But the post was why Flynn may not be the starter and your response was that Pete should be replaced because he hasnt started your precious Flynn.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• T-Sizzle wrote:
    SeaChase wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:So anyone who thinks Flynn was a better play to start the year secretly hopes we lose now? Do we secretly hope for an injury also? WOW just wow !

Come on guys.... everyone here is a fan, fans have different opinions. Everyone has a passion for the team and thinks different things are better for it. Accept others opinions....nothin wrong with debates.

But I heard from a wise man questioning "fan cards" is the fast route to getting in trouble here. :2:

I'm not a very wise man, but can attest to rulings about fans/not fans comments not being accepted here.

:141847_bnono:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Wilson is the guy, ... even has more experience starting as a pro then Flynn now.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

• rainger wrote:
    SeaChase wrote:

What a crap of back track. You said Pete should be replaced. This has nothing to do with Flynn or Wilson. You have said that the Coach that has built one of the better Seahawk teams we have had should be replaced.. probably cause he hasent done what you wanted at QB. Go ahead get all self righteous. But the post was why Flynn may not be the starter and your response was that Pete should be replaced because he hasnt started your precious Flynn.

So your saying if we dont make the playoffs again, under Pete, thats ok? 7-9,7-9, ?. I actually like everything Pete an company has done except at the QB position, which happens to arguably be the most important in football. "IF" this team doesnt make the playoffs it will be because of our Offense, which has been crap for the last 4 or 5 years. The running game is good and the defense is good, arent those things the key to success?

At least this years team is in every game, but I feel like this team is better than that. All the 4th quarter comebacks? We should be ahead Not coming back.
    Go SeaHawks
    SeaChase
    NET Starter

• For what it’s worth, Mike Holmgren decided to build an “offense first” team…

It took him four years and five offensive first round draft picks (23 overall picks). He drafted four QBs, also traded for one, and picked up two as free agents to finish 10-6; to go on that first one game play-off run with an offense he built from scratch…

It took another two years before he would go deep into the play-offs…
    "Est autem fides credere quod nondum vides; cuius fidei merces est videre quod credis."
    Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
    (St. Augustine of Hippo)

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim."
    (“Ovid”)
    FidelisHawk
    NET Starter

• SeaChase wrote:
    rainger wrote:
    SeaChase wrote:[quote="m0ng0"]So anyone who thinks Flynn was a better play to start the year secretly hopes we lose now? Do we secretly hope for an injury also? WOW just wow !

So your saying if we dont make the playoffs again, under Pete, thats ok? 7-9,7-9, ?. I actually like everything Pete an company has done except at the QB position, which happens to arguably be the most important in football. "IF" this team doesnt make the playoffs it will be because of our Offense, which has been crap for the last 4 or 5 years. The running game is good and the defense is good, arent those things the key to success?

At least this years team is in every game, but I feel like this team is better than that. All the 4th quarter comebacks? We should be ahead Not coming back.[/quote]
    With the roster overhaul and what he inherited, Pete deserves more than 3 seasons. 1st season was a "let's see what we have"-type season. Last year saw us starting the youngest team in football (?). This season, almost all of our pieces are in place.

What exactly do you think he should've done at QB? Who could we have brought in? Hass was asking for too much. Kolb? Lmao. Ponder, Dalton, Tannehill, Kap?

We have a rookie QB that has all the characteristics and skills to be a QBOTF. You make it seem as if finding one should be easy and he should've had one day ONE.

How long did it take Holmgren? Give up on him after 3 seasons (2 1/2, it seems like you're doing) and we wouldn't have witnessed the most successful period of Seahawks football.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• I have stayed out of the whole debate about who should start.I always thought Flyyn would start and thought he should have but I am happy as hell pete has proven to be a coach who picks a starter at QB and stands behind him, for the year at least.Every QB needs that especially if you have one that might develop into something special.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

• justafan wrote:I have stayed out of the whole debate about who should start.I always thought Flyyn would start and thought he should have but I am happy as hell pete has proven to be a coach who picks a starter at QB and stands behind him, for the year at least.Every QB needs that especially if you have one that might develop into something special.

I finally caught the SF-SEA game a few days ago.
    Yeah I'm sorry, a year on the bench cooker would have been great for RW imo. I'm sorry but he didn't play well. Too bad as the week before he had his breakout game finally. My concern has always been his inability to make his check-downs, mid-field and quick plays (adding: and reading defenses well...but that will come I suppose. He's a rook).

But what also stunk was our D-line. Geez. SF attacked our D with high-school caliber play-calling and we didn't adjust well at all.
    Last edited by hawkfan1975 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

• FlyingGreg wrote:This is beyond tiresome. The team is sticking with Wilson. I wish everyone could just embrace that.

Wilson is a ROOKIE...and I have no idea why everyone expects 133.7 rating games each and every week.

We have played a brutal first half schedule and Wilson has had to play some damn good defenses (Cardinals, Rams, Packers, Pats, 49ers). We have a chance to be 5-3 after this weekend with a favorable schedule in the second half. Wilson has been limited and we throw the ball less than any other team in the league. He's also shown his potential.

We have been in every game and the margin of error is slim. Do you want to go back to the Mora team that got smoked every time we took the field?

Wilson didn't get called for the penalty that negated a 50+ yard pass to Golden Tate that was a thing of beauty against Carolina. Wilson cannot do anything about Tate's incredibly hot and cold ways. Wilson can't help keep Doug Baldwin on the field. Wilson doesn't call the plays that only feature throws to our #1 WR twice in an entire game. Wilson did not drop 5 passes against the 49ers that could have seriously influenced the final outcome.

Are there problems? Sure. But they are much more than just the rookie QB. I'd personally love to see what Wilson could do with a more talented WR pool.

+1 Winning

Through it all, Wilson has remained even keel.

I just don't know what some fans really want here...
    Kelly.Orr
    NET Starter

• Kelly.Orr wrote:
    Are there problems? Sure. But they are much more than just the rookie QB. I'd personally love to see what Wilson could do with a more talented WR pool.

I just don't know what some fans really want here...

Ah yes, of course. We're now back to pointing our WR's as talent-less hacks (games prior however....well, you know).
    Do not agree, but you're entitled to (reposting others) opinions.

Team as a whole here. This game was a divisional bruiser, and the Hawks didn't go into this with the fire necessary.

But really? You don't know what fans want?
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

• theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    Bigpumpkin wrote:Isn't it "amazing" how winning can solve a host of issues?

Sure was a different forum after the Pats game...

Hey there, English! Spending less time here? I miss your posts.

On topic: The team isn't perfect by any means, and it never will be. It needs a lot of tweaking, even in the defense. The Digits game was an accumulation of mistakes by every position group, and I think it's foolish to think that fixing one thing would have positively changed the outcome of the game, except for maybe the dropped passes.

One of the things we have been pretty good at as a team is halftime adjustments. But we haven't been so good at adjusting later in the 2nd half. I'm almost a little afraid of taking a small lead into the 3rd quarter -- if we are behind, we seem to make more and better adjustments at the half. But if the other team starts coming on in the 3rd or 4th quarter, our adjustments seem a little more dicey.

Anyone else notice this? Or am I just high on crack?
    Last edited by BlueTalon on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• BlueTalon wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    Bigpumpkin wrote:Isn't it "amazing" how winning can solve a host of issues?

Sure was a different forum after the Pats game...

Hey there, English! Spending less time here? I miss your posts.

:)

*but seriously, it's the same old story, we've got to win more road games. This team is capable.
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

• btw I do need to add - ANOTHER round of applause for Lynch this game. His fire was phenomenal, not a lot of but very hard earned yards.
    He and Gore battled.
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan1975 wrote:btw I do need to add - ANOTHER round of applause for Lynch this game. His fire was phenomenal, not a lot of but very hard earned yards.
    He and Gore battled.

True that. I read some Digit fan comment that were very impressed with Lynch. One said something to the effect of, "NOBODY runs for over 100 yards on us! Lynch is in a league of his own."

And Gore also impressed. To me, Gore is like Elway was in the mid-80's -- hated him on the field, but had to respect him in spite of myself.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Previous

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:53 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information