Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW

Hawkfeathers

Reaction score
chawx":3dzj6gt5 said:
I'm just going to ahead and say it since a few are dancing around what they really want to say.

People who don't like Wilson

:sarcasm_on: no wait... :sarcasm_off: ...

You aren't saying anything when you cloak it in 'maybe sarcasm, maybe not'.

HawkWow

Reaction score
chawx":3vycfp3b said:
I'm just going to ahead and say it since a few are dancing around what they really want to say.

People who don't like Wilson

:sarcasm_on: no wait... :sarcasm_off: ...

Twisted, cheap, offensive nonsense.

Uffda

Reaction score
If Wilson gets body slammed like Cutler did on that one sack last week , well Flynn could be in a series or two . Though thinking Lions fans shouldn't wish for that because of what Flynn did to them last year ... 6 td's

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Uffda":mohjesu1 said:
If Wilson gets body slammed like Cutler did on that one sack last week , well Flynn could be in a series or two . Though thinking Lions fans shouldn't wish for that because of what Flynn did to them last year ... 6 td's

Can't catch Wilson.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":3tvnj78h said:
Uffda":3tvnj78h said:

Can't catch Wilson.

Dude, I'm an ardent Wilson fan, but you know damn well Suh can catch just about anyone. The interior line is going to need to be on their game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1dglzji8 said:
SeaChase":1dglzji8 said:
Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...

I wonder how many fans will be secretly disappointed if we finish with a winning record and a playoff spot under Wilson. :|

Lol.......give us some credit dude. Even the most staunch Flynn supporters still want the Hawks to win.

One of the problems this year is the NFC is really really tough with a lot of good teams. They're ain't no 9-7 team getting into the playoffs in 2012 in the NFC, they're might even be a 10-6 team on the outside looking in.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3m1u94wz said:
volsunghawk":3m1u94wz said:
SeaChase":3m1u94wz said:
Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...

I wonder how many fans will be secretly disappointed if we finish with a winning record and a playoff spot under Wilson. :|

Lol.......give us some credit dude. Even the most staunch Flynn supporters still want the Hawks to win.

One of the problems this year is the NFC is really really tough with a lot of good teams. They're ain't no 9-7 team getting into the playoffs in 2012 in the NFC, they're might even be a 10-6 team on the outside looking in.

Flynn supporters weren't who I was thinking of when I posted that. There are people who support Flynn, and then there are people who are anti-Wilson. I think there's a clear difference between the two, even if there is sometimes some overlap.

Fox0r

Reaction score
I'm confused as to why Carroll thinks our Super Bowl window is only 3-4 years with this young of a team? What the hell does that mean? Only thing I can ponder is that he thinks our windo will close due to salary limitations?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Fox0r":2ok4zito said:
I'm confused as to why Carroll thinks our Super Bowl window is only 3-4 years with this young of a team? What the hell does that mean? Only thing I can ponder is that he thinks our windo will close due to salary limitations?

The NFL is probably the most volatile league when it comes to player turnover. So even a young team can't rely on being good for 5-10 years, what with injuries, salary cap and key players aging.

How long is Lynch going to last? Dude's 26, which is approaching old man age for a RB, especially backs that run like he does. Is our O-Line going to remain healthy? Are we going to be able to keep ALL of our great defensive players? Yeah it's great to have this kind of production out of 3rd, 4th and 5th round draft picks........but eventually those Pro Bowl type players are going to want to get paid.

Rainger

Reaction score
SeaChase":2es9wmqv said:
m0ng0":2es9wmqv said:
So anyone who thinks Flynn was a better play to start the year secretly hopes we lose now? Do we secretly hope for an injury also? WOW just wow !

Im a fan regardless of who's playing QB..
What a crap of back track. You said Pete should be replaced. This has nothing to do with Flynn or Wilson. You have said that the Coach that has built one of the better Seahawk teams we have had should be replaced.. probably cause he hasent done what you wanted at QB. Go ahead get all self righteous. But the post was why Flynn may not be the starter and your response was that Pete should be replaced because he hasnt started your precious Flynn.

The Radish

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":gdy3m25h said:
SeaChase":gdy3m25h said:
m0ng0":gdy3m25h said:
So anyone who thinks Flynn was a better play to start the year secretly hopes we lose now? Do we secretly hope for an injury also? WOW just wow !

Come on guys.... everyone here is a fan, fans have different opinions. Everyone has a passion for the team and thinks different things are better for it. Accept others opinions....nothin wrong with debates.

But I heard from a wise man questioning "fan cards" is the fast route to getting in trouble here. :2:

I'm not a very wise man, but can attest to rulings about fans/not fans comments not being accepted here.

:141847_bnono:

Uffda

Reaction score
Wilson is the guy, ... even has more experience starting as a pro then Flynn now.

SeaChase

Reaction score
rainger":2oqwuxtw said:
SeaChase":2oqwuxtw said:
m0ng0":2oqwuxtw said:

What a crap of back track. You said Pete should be replaced. This has nothing to do with Flynn or Wilson. You have said that the Coach that has built one of the better Seahawk teams we have had should be replaced.. probably cause he hasent done what you wanted at QB. Go ahead get all self righteous. But the post was why Flynn may not be the starter and your response was that Pete should be replaced because he hasnt started your precious Flynn.

So your saying if we dont make the playoffs again, under Pete, thats ok? 7-9,7-9, ?. I actually like everything Pete an company has done except at the QB position, which happens to arguably be the most important in football. "IF" this team doesnt make the playoffs it will be because of our Offense, which has been crap for the last 4 or 5 years. The running game is good and the defense is good, arent those things the key to success?

At least this years team is in every game, but I feel like this team is better than that. All the 4th quarter comebacks? We should be ahead Not coming back.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
For what it’s worth, Mike Holmgren decided to build an “offense first” team…

It took him four years and five offensive first round draft picks (23 overall picks). He drafted four QBs, also traded for one, and picked up two as free agents to finish 10-6; to go on that first one game play-off run with an offense he built from scratch…

It took another two years before he would go deep into the play-offs…

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SeaChase":1toddaa1 said:
rainger":1toddaa1 said:
SeaChase":1toddaa1 said:
m0ng0 said:

So your saying if we dont make the playoffs again, under Pete, thats ok? 7-9,7-9, ?. I actually like everything Pete an company has done except at the QB position, which happens to arguably be the most important in football. "IF" this team doesnt make the playoffs it will be because of our Offense, which has been crap for the last 4 or 5 years. The running game is good and the defense is good, arent those things the key to success?

At least this years team is in every game, but I feel like this team is better than that. All the 4th quarter comebacks? We should be ahead Not coming back.
With the roster overhaul and what he inherited, Pete deserves more than 3 seasons. 1st season was a "let's see what we have"-type season. Last year saw us starting the youngest team in football (?). This season, almost all of our pieces are in place.

What exactly do you think he should've done at QB? Who could we have brought in? Hass was asking for too much. Kolb? Lmao. Ponder, Dalton, Tannehill, Kap?

We have a rookie QB that has all the characteristics and skills to be a QBOTF. You make it seem as if finding one should be easy and he should've had one day ONE.

How long did it take Holmgren? Give up on him after 3 seasons (2 1/2, it seems like you're doing) and we wouldn't have witnessed the most successful period of Seahawks football.

justafan

Reaction score
I have stayed out of the whole debate about who should start.I always thought Flyyn would start and thought he should have but I am happy as hell pete has proven to be a coach who picks a starter at QB and stands behind him, for the year at least.Every QB needs that especially if you have one that might develop into something special.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
justafan":32ku1x4r said:
I have stayed out of the whole debate about who should start.I always thought Flyyn would start and thought he should have but I am happy as hell pete has proven to be a coach who picks a starter at QB and stands behind him, for the year at least.Every QB needs that especially if you have one that might develop into something special.

I finally caught the SF-SEA game a few days ago.
Yeah I'm sorry, a year on the bench cooker would have been great for RW imo. I'm sorry but he didn't play well. Too bad as the week before he had his breakout game finally. My concern has always been his inability to make his check-downs, mid-field and quick plays (adding: and reading defenses well...but that will come I suppose. He's a rook).

But what also stunk was our D-line. Geez. SF attacked our D with high-school caliber play-calling and we didn't adjust well at all.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2mwruxj9 said:
This is beyond tiresome. The team is sticking with Wilson. I wish everyone could just embrace that.

Wilson is a ROOKIE...and I have no idea why everyone expects 133.7 rating games each and every week.

We have played a brutal first half schedule and Wilson has had to play some damn good defenses (Cardinals, Rams, Packers, Pats, 49ers). We have a chance to be 5-3 after this weekend with a favorable schedule in the second half. Wilson has been limited and we throw the ball less than any other team in the league. He's also shown his potential.

We have been in every game and the margin of error is slim. Do you want to go back to the Mora team that got smoked every time we took the field?

Wilson didn't get called for the penalty that negated a 50+ yard pass to Golden Tate that was a thing of beauty against Carolina. Wilson cannot do anything about Tate's incredibly hot and cold ways. Wilson can't help keep Doug Baldwin on the field. Wilson doesn't call the plays that only feature throws to our #1 WR twice in an entire game. Wilson did not drop 5 passes against the 49ers that could have seriously influenced the final outcome.

Are there problems? Sure. But they are much more than just the rookie QB. I'd personally love to see what Wilson could do with a more talented WR pool.

+1 Winning

Through it all, Wilson has remained even keel.

I just don't know what some fans really want here...

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Kelly.Orr":33i3hgq2 said:
Are there problems? Sure. But they are much more than just the rookie QB. I'd personally love to see what Wilson could do with a more talented WR pool.

I just don't know what some fans really want here...

Ah yes, of course. We're now back to pointing our WR's as talent-less hacks (games prior however....well, you know).
Do not agree, but you're entitled to (reposting others) opinions.

Team as a whole here. This game was a divisional bruiser, and the Hawks didn't go into this with the fire necessary.

But really? You don't know what fans want?