Marqise Lee is the best player in college football

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • 12 rec for 257 AT HALFTIME

His body control is ridiculous
    cesame
    NET Veteran

• He's pretty damn good.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Lee & Woods are why Barkley puts up such big numbers.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• He just set a new USC and conference record for single game reception yards.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• USC with another choke job. You can set your watch to those.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Rat wrote:USC with another choke job. You can set your watch to those.

I want to say they were looking forward to Oregon, but I think it was just USC being USC. I hope Lane Kiffin stays their coach for a long, long time.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Barkley looked like crap. Hope we don't touch him with a 10ft pole, he is Rick Mirer II.
    Last edited by CPHawk on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• Oregon and USC are making me feel better and better about my Pac-12 preseason predictions. Oregon State, not so much. And yeah, I hope Kiffin has a long tenure at USC. I doubt the NFL will be calling his number any time soon.

Wish I could have seen the game. Looked like Matt Scott had another very good game statistically. RG3 and Cam Newton exempted, there is still a very strong bias against read-option QBs in the draft. I'm guessing Scott could be another victim of that. Which could be great news for us- he fits our QB profile perfectly.

This game shakes up the whole conference btw. Arizona now owns the tiebreaker against USC, and they've gotten Oregon out of their system. USC still has to play Oregon. If USC loses to Oregon, and they probably will, that means Arizona controls their own destiny.

Either way, this might hurt Oregon's national title chances a little since USC has lost some luster and if Arizona represents the Pac-12 south it won't give Oregon much of a bump after the championship game.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• kearly wrote:Oregon and USC are making me feel better and better about my Pac-12 preseason predictions. Oregon State, not so much. And yeah, I hope Kiffin has a long tenure at USC. I doubt the NFL will be calling his number any time soon.

Wish I could have seen the game. Looked like Matt Scott had another very good game statistically. RG3 and Cam Newton exempted, there is still a very strong bias against read-option QBs in the draft. I'm guessing Scott could be another victim of that. Which could be great news for us- he fits our QB profile perfectly.

This game shakes up the whole conference btw. Arizona now owns the tiebreaker against USC, and they've gotten Oregon out of their system. USC still has to play Oregon. If USC loses to Oregon, and they probably will, that means Arizona controls their own destiny.

Either way, this might hurt Oregon's national title chances a little since USC has lost some luster and if Arizona represents the Pac-12 south it won't give Oregon much of a bump after the championship game.

Oh well, all you can do is take care of whoever is put in front of you. UO will beat any big 10 team like a drum in the rose bowl, putting the bcs right where they don't want to be, with two undefeated teams who killed everyone they played. KSU and ND are frauds, SC will end ND dream.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• God college football is so freaking stupid. If you beat every team you play, you should be with the best of the best, and it shouldn't matter how good your opponents are. What your OPPONENTS DO should not dictate where YOU END UP if you beat all of them. Lame.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• hawksfan515 wrote:God college football is so freaking stupid. If you beat every team you play, you should be with the best of the best, and it shouldn't matter how good your opponents are. What your OPPONENTS DO should not dictate where YOU END UP if you beat all of them. Lame.

You must be a Boise St. fan
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Throwdown wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:God college football is so freaking stupid. If you beat every team you play, you should be with the best of the best, and it shouldn't matter how good your opponents are. What your OPPONENTS DO should not dictate where YOU END UP if you beat all of them. Lame.

Ok that made me laugh.
    RIP Les. We will miss you.
    Happy
    * NET Lead Admin *

• Throwdown wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:God college football is so freaking stupid. If you beat every team you play, you should be with the best of the best, and it shouldn't matter how good your opponents are. What your OPPONENTS DO should not dictate where YOU END UP if you beat all of them. Lame.

nope, Seahawks fan, first, foremost, and only :)

I will root for the Ducks or Huskies when they're on, the Beavers and USC when they're good, and an underdog.

But other than that I do not enjoy college too much.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• The scary thing about Marquise is that he didn't start playing receiver until his senior year of high school and is just a sophomore in college this year. He's probably going to get even better.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• kearly wrote:Oregon and USC are making me feel better and better about my Pac-12 preseason predictions. Oregon State, not so much. And yeah, I hope Kiffin has a long tenure at USC. I doubt the NFL will be calling his number any time soon.

Oregon State's loss against UW is going to hurt Oregon's NC chances as well. That's 2 teams dropping out of the top 10 this week. Though OSU can get back in to the top 10 more easily than USC at this point.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• I'd much prefer Robert Woods. Complete package, runs excellent routes, probably the most pro-ready of any WR in the draft. He's a great kid with great work ethic, carries himself without attitude and thrives to get better. He and Rice would be scary with Baldwin underneath and with O line help, Miller would get his touches as well. Lynch deserves a better passing game around him.

I'd give our 1 and 5 (or Tate) to move up to get Woods (probably around the 10 spot).
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• HawkWow wrote:I'd much prefer Robert Woods. Complete package, runs excellent routes, probably the most pro-ready of any WR in the draft. He's a great kid with great work ethic, carries himself without attitude and thrives to get better. He and Rice would be scary with Baldwin underneath and with O line help, Miller would get his touches as well. Lynch deserves a better passing game around him.

I'd give our 1 and 5 (or Tate) to move up to get Woods (probably around the 10 spot).

I'm a USC fan and I am worried about Woods at the next level. Think he's much more likely to bust than Lee (who is incredible).
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Awesome little video about Marqise Lee. Will make you root for him even if you don't like USC. On the field he reminds me of Terrell Owens, except without the TO personna.

http://vimeo.com/52810696
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Lee may not be as "pro ready" or as advanced as some others, but he is the
    most otherworldly receiving talent I've seen this year and I watch a LOT of
    college football.

Love the college game but it'll never replace the Hawks.
    two dog
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:01 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information