Richard Sherman at it again....Twitter...........

Killa Kam

Reaction score
SHOCKER315":1lrt6zqq said:
Sherman is a smart guy. I suspect there is another motive behind all of this.

The Pro Bowl and a potential bonus monetary incentive tied to it... (which my be in his contract, :Dunno: ).

He was the only Seahawks DB not to make it to the Pro Bowl last year, despite having a very good year. I suspect that really sticks in his craw. The Pro Bowl is largely a popularity contest based on a player's name recognition. Tweeting his pic with Brady and naming himself Optimus Prime gets him the media attention he needs to get noticed in Pro Bowl voting... and perhaps get paid a bonus incentive.

I'm not suggesting this makes Sherman a bad guy or that he should shut up. Quite the contrary, I think he is just playing "the game" smartly and to his benefit.
meh he trash talked in his first start last year, calling AJ Green overrated. I think its something he does to pump himself up, and get inside the head of opponents.

I have no problem with the trash talk as long as he backs it up, and he has. Its not like he's said anything inappropriate

kidhawk

Reaction score
I think the only reason Sherman didn't get a pro bowl nod was because he didn't start the season as a starter. I think he's got a good shot at one this year and his fun little jabs (fun for me anyway) will likely only help him with name recognition

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I don't mind it if its not personal. Trash talk is part of the game. I still remember when L Taylor said he was going to knock the snot out of Joe Montana in the Championship Game. it started all the "don't say such a thing " and there where calls for a fine...

I like RS he is a good player and adds to the teams swagger. He seems to be coming to be a leader on the D

12thMode

Reaction score
I don't see why some people think Sherm is taking it too far. IT'S ALL IN FUN PEOPLE! I'm ok with being humble, but at the same time a little spice it what this team needs. There is nothing wrong with a little trash talk here and there, hey, they don't call him Ringworm Sherm for nothing! Hence why he does what he can to get under their skin, whether it is by being physical on the field or with a little trash talk. If it works then why not? Like VHawk stated, "This team isnt the NFL's doormat anymore!" I just added the exclamation ;) I love it!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Well he is sticking his neck out. If he gets burnt even once he looks the fool.

Not my style but i guess it is his. Hope it keeps working cause when it doesnt we are all going to be calling for him to shut up.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hawks46":2jliu99s said:
This is kind of a reach really. Sherman didn't even say anything to any of the players.

Detroit is just reaching for anything to motivate themselves. Think about it, they're monitoring the twitter accounts of this week's opposition.

No wonder they're playing bad. They should be in the film room or something, not f**king around on twitter.

LMAO! I logged in specifically to nominate this post of the year. Hilarious / factual.

haroldseattle

Reaction score
Sherman is the Seahawks vocal leader. He's telling teams that the Seahawks are not in awe of their media star, they may be good , but they are not what the media builds them up to be. Brady and Calvin Johnson are treated as gods in the media, there not gods, just good players. I think it's a good thing to a Seahawk player speak out and say "were not that impressed"

morgulon1

Reaction score
SuperBowlXLChamps":132csxum said:
VHawk":132csxum said:
I guess Sherman is supposed to genuflect at Johnson before every play?Gimme a break this Seahawk team isnt the NFL's doormat anymore.
Lions are the forever doormat of the NFL. 0-16, in the worst city in America with no jobs.

And if you leave your house , a crazy squatter can move in and take it over.

MrCarey

Reaction score
kidhawk":1capybmy said:
RolandDeschain":1capybmy said:
I saw it quoted on a Lions forum.

http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/forums ... stcount=75

Here's the link that it appears to have come from: http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... n_p_2.html

Funny how the only guy complaining is the center...Johnson seems to be taking it all in stride (as it seems to be meant). Of course when they meet on the field, both Johnson and Sherman are going to be motivated, but who isn't? It's a big game for both teams.

I like that guy. I want to go to that forum and tell him he is awesome for taking it like that and not being all mad about football players.

Blitzfan

Reaction score
I just don't get where the antics are? Optimus Prime - Megatron = adversaries. Seahawks - Lions = adversaries. What has he said that was so bad while using that handle? I follow RS and didn't see anything derogatory.

If Calvin Johnson can't use the fact that he's making millions dollars as motivation. If can't use the fact he's playing in front of thousands of people that are urging him on as motivation. I doubt he can motivate himself from an opponent having a little fun.

RS gained some major respect from me for the whole TB deal. If you remember right, RS was kinda pissed about a comment TB made when asked about the 12's. TB said it was fun to make the home fans boo their team, RS took offense to that, he had OUR backs. This was before all the on field stuff that everyone focused on and I am sure played into RS's reaction after the game.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
It's hilarious! The NFL needs goofy fun like this stuff. Makes the week go by faster.

HawkWow

Reaction score
It's becoming apparent (to me) that the forever. unconventional Pete is letting Sherman run with this stuff. It screams Pete, actually. You know he's getting his rocx off with the attention and has likely told the boys; Go ahead and generate a buzz, have fun, but as soon as you get torched, you're gonna' stop with the antics.

One thing is a certain, Sherman knows how to market himself. Spotlight on him again this week. Good for him.

That's what I think, at least. And I like that (apparently) Pete and the defense are having fun. Now we need the offense to have fun as well. Their current shiz isn't that much fun.

Veilside

Reaction score
I love Sherman, however; I would be willing to bet you couldn't count on 2 hands and 2 feet how many times a CB that is about to go up against Megatron has called himself Optimus Prime.

What would be impressive is if Sherman gets that nickname to stick which would mean he would have to completely shutdown Calvin Johnson on Sunday. If he can manage that, then the media hype train Sherman has been building over the course of this season could potentially get that nickname to stick.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
As a Corner in the NFL you HAVE to be a cocky S.O.B. Its a prerequisite, guys that play CB in the NFL and don't have that sort of swagger are the guys that turn out like Kelley Jennings. You have to believe that nobody can beat you and when they do beat you, you have to be able to believe that they'll never do that crap again.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Veilside":230ny9jf said:
I love Sherman, however; I would be willing to bet you couldn't count on 2 hands and 2 feet how many times a CB that is about to go up against Megatron has called himself Optimus Prime.

What would be impressive is if Sherman gets that nickname to stick which would mean he would have to completely shutdown Calvin Johnson on Sunday. If he can manage that, then the media hype train Sherman has been building over the course of this season could potentially get that nickname to stick.
Well nobodys done it publicly and he can either get embarrassed or live up to his own hype. Whatever happens, I love his confidence.