James Carpenter selected for Ed Block Courage Award

Killa Kam

Reaction score
James Carpenter. When the Seahawks’ first-round draft choice went down during a midweek practice last November, the severity of his knee injury left the coaches expecting the worst.

The thought then, and also as late as this summer, was that Carpenter would not be ready to return until midseason. But as the team reaches the midway point of the season with Sunday’s game against the Lions in Detroit, Carpenter will be starting his fifth consecutive game at left guard.

The efforts that allowed Carpenter to return ahead of schedule, and put his promising career back on schedule, have earned him the Ed Block Courage Award that is presented annually – and voted on by the players – to the player who is a role model of inspiration, sportsmanship and courage.
Heres the rest of the article
http://blog.seahawks.com/2012/10/26/fri ... age-award/

:th2thumbs: Congrats JC! And to think some of us were ready to label him a bust.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Its a clear case of him just being out of position and injury. Ya, you wouldn't normally draft a LG in the first round...but if we get 10 years out of him its well worth the investment. Im excited for him and his future at LG. He is fun to watch.

Look at him vs Wilson......

http://youtu.be/n7AAMaDAT4E?t=37s

He's a monster. Thought it was funny when you see the size difference as they are running down the field.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Carp and Okie are supposed to be our foundation oline guys for the PC dynasty for years in the future. Any oline guy drafted in the first round is a bust if he isn't at least in consideration for the probowl.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":13aznkc3 said:
Carp and Okie are supposed to be our foundation oline guys for the PC dynasty for years in the future. Any oline guy drafted in the first round is a bust if he isn't at least in consideration for the probowl.
Pro bowl is a popularity contest..... Then once in guys like Ray Lewis get in on past reputation and not current performance. I don't buy your arguement. If we get years out of the guy it's a good pick.

HawkWow

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":1j9xvjhc said:
Lords of Scythia":1j9xvjhc said:
Pro bowl is a popularity contest..... Then once in guys like Ray Lewis get in on past reputation and not current performance. I don't buy your arguement. If we get years out of the guy it's a good pick.

You're correct regarding the (worthless) pro-bowl being a popularity circus, It's been a joke for quite some time...now it's just frikin' insulting. I wish it would go away even though I live in Honolulu.

But apparently, Carpenter is rather popular among his peers. So with that in mind, I agree with LOC's point suggesting that if Carp is not ultimately mentioned in pro-bowl conversation, he likely was picked too high.
I think he has the size and talent...now we know he is also obsessively motivated. I expect good things in the near future for our left side. Allah willing.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I can't really figure out any argument to make, T. Just seems like a bust if dude ain't sniffin the PB. Aren't they voted on by other NFL players? What, do the fans vote, or something?

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I'm serious. I can't remember which sport starting letting the fans vote for the allstars.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":vnhzakvd said:
I'm serious. I can't remember which sport starting letting the fans vote for the allstars.

Really?? Fan voting is part of EVERY sport's "All-star" game. At least in the USA.

Latest posts