• Yep, straight up

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • Naw, i want to get a better deal

Votes: 13 37.1%

• Total voters

kidhawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":10o9ww9a said:
I would make the right deal for Flynn in a nanosecond. This would be one of those deals (not gonna happen anyway, why are we talking about this?).

In our situation right now it's a slim chance that Flynn sees the field this year anyway and just as slim a chance IMHO that he's any good when he does. You name just about any WR in this league that's under 30 and better than Tate, Baldwin or Obo, I'd make that trade for him straight up without a second thought.

Kind of slipping off the main topic here, but if you meant slim chance of seeing Flynn, as in Wilson being benched for Flynn, I completely agree, I don't see this happening...but have you seen Wilson's qb slide? That is going to get him killed one day if he doesn't get better at it.

m0ng0

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":qicqtuqd said:
m0ng0":qicqtuqd said:
What if he says he will not re sign here?

What if he grows a third arm and becomes the most unique receiver ever to play the game?
great, super, thanks for sharing :roll:

m0ng0

Reaction score
really? it seemed pretty useful earlier on when you babbled on 3 different occasions about how Seattle would be silly to pass up such a golden chance earlier.....is this still a golden chance if Bowe is only a rental for the year?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Bowe wants a big contract - it's the reason he wants out of Kansas City in the first place. Why the hell would he force a trade and then announce 'actually, I don't want to sign the deal I've been fighting for'?

And for what it's worth, the Seahawks would STILL snatch Kansas City's hands off in that situation. Flynn isn't playing here. He got beat about by Russell Wilson. As noted before when I was 'babbling on', you don't pass up the chance EVER to trade a backup taking zero snaps on a decent contract for a guy who is among the best in the league at his position. There isn't a single team in the league that wouldn't make that deal. End of.

kidhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":p08y1c41 said:
Bowe wants a big contract - it's the reason he wants out of Kansas City in the first place. Why the hell would he force a trade and then announce 'actually, I don't want to sign the deal I've been fighting for'?

And for what it's worth, the Seahawks would STILL snatch Kansas City's hands off in that situation. Flynn isn't playing here. He got beat about by Russell Wilson. As noted before when I was 'babbling on', you don't pass up the chance EVER to trade a backup taking zero snaps on a decent contract for a guy who is among the best in the league at his position. There isn't a single team in the league that wouldn't make that deal. End of.

Understandably that is your opinion, but realistically speaking, how often has a team traded their only other qb on the roster mid season with a winning record? I mean if ANY team would do it, it should have happened by now. There are many times over the years where teams have serious qb needs pop up before the trade deadline.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Maybe Kansas City realized he wont re sign so THEY trade HIM instead? Not out of the realm of possibility now is it? Just because he gets traded to us does not mean he has to commit to sign with us now does it?

And if he accepts the trade but does not commit to (or show signs that will sign elsewhere after FA) would you still make the deal?

This really is not a hard question....

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":z2kyn92p said:
Understandably that is your opinion, but realistically speaking, how often has a team traded their only other qb on the roster mid season with a winning record? I mean if ANY team would do it, it should have happened by now. There are many times over the years where teams have serious qb needs pop up before the trade deadline.

At what point has anyone said this is a likely trade scenario though? I think we've all accepted it's not a probable event. But that's on KC more than us. There aren't many teams that try and trade for backup QB's mid season. There aren't many teams that have a backup that anyone would want to trade for. Considering the lack of interest in Flynn the free agent, I'm not sure there's increased interest as Flynn the expensive backup. If the Seahawks had a chance to swap Flynn for a top-end positional player, they'd almost certainly do it and see what other backup QB they could find - or just promote Portis. It'd be great misfortune if Wilson then got injured, but the GM that doesn't make that trade shouldn't be in the NFL.

m0ng0":z2kyn92p said:
Maybe Kansas City realized he wont re sign so THEY trade HIM instead? Not out of the realm of possibility now is it? Just because he gets traded to us does not mean he has to commit to sign with us now does it?

And if he accepts the trade but does not commit to (or show signs that will sign elsewhere after FA) would you still make the deal?

This really is not a hard question....

There's this thing called the franchise tag, you know? Any team willing to trade for Bowe is willing to sign him to a new deal. Any team willing to offer Bowe a deal, he'll be interested in. The franchise tag is available for insurance but probably wouldn't be required in this situation. And the worst case scenario is half a season out of Bowe for a player who barring grave misfortune is going to be sat on the bench for the rest of the year.

m0ng0

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1sbdw19j said:
And the worst case scenario is half a season out of Bowe for a player who barring grave misfortune is going to be sat on the bench for the rest of the year.

Hey thanks, third times a charm ! :th2thumbs: