Richard Sherman at it again....Twitter...........

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • (On NFL AM.)..........that he was starting S%%T again, Calvin responsed and I believe a D linemen as well. Only caught a few seconds couldnt rewind my DVR.

Anybody else here anything?
    Darrenv17
    NET Rookie

• There's a few threads on the topic..he's not starting "S%%T" at all....all he did was adjust his twitter handle to Optimus prime...a play off of the fact that him and Browner will be going up against Megatron (Calvin Johnson) this weekend.
    :les:

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I heard Wyche refer to Sherman as Optimus Prime.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

• thanks!
    Darrenv17
    NET Rookie

• Nothing wrong with supporting our Autobot brethren. Just back it up with the same high level of play #25.
    seanoob
    NET Rookie

• I guess Sherman is supposed to genuflect at Johnson before every play?Gimme a break this Seahawk team isnt the NFL's doormat anymore.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

• Sherman can say whatever he wants. The guy's play is just too solid not to walk the walk. I hope the Hawks can keep him around for his career.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• VHawk wrote:I guess Sherman is supposed to genuflect at Johnson before every play?Gimme a break this Seahawk team isnt the NFL's doormat anymore.

This also isn't your old Seahawks :stirthepot:
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• T-Sizzle wrote:
    VHawk wrote:I guess Sherman is supposed to genuflect at Johnson before every play?Gimme a break this Seahawk team isnt the NFL's doormat anymore.

???
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm not a big fan of giving your opponent extra motivation or bulletin board material, but IMO Sherman hasn't crossed the line............yet.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• T-Sizzle wrote:
    VHawk wrote:I guess Sherman is supposed to genuflect at Johnson before every play?Gimme a break this Seahawk team isnt the NFL's doormat anymore.

:13: :13: :13:
    Darrenv17
    NET Rookie

• kidhawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I saw it quoted on a Lions forum.

http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/forums ... stcount=75

Here's the link that it appears to have come from: http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... n_p_2.html

Funny how the only guy complaining is the center...Johnson seems to be taking it all in stride (as it seems to be meant). Of course when they meet on the field, both Johnson and Sherman are going to be motivated, but who isn't? It's a big game for both teams.

I thought it was even funnier that the fan who posted the quote from the center told him to STFU.
    gtcotcakya
    NET Rookie

• gtcotcakya wrote:I thought it was even funnier that the fan who posted the quote from the center told him to STFU.

Yeah, I read through that whole thread last night; everyone had a similar sentiment about it. Apparently he has a rather big mouth, and has looked quite the fool in the past. I found it amusing. :-)
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• This is kind of a reach really. Sherman didn't even say anything to any of the players.

Detroit is just reaching for anything to motivate themselves. Think about it, they're monitoring the twitter accounts of this week's opposition.

No wonder they're playing bad. They should be in the film room or something, not f**king around on twitter.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Sherman is a smart guy. I suspect there is another motive behind all of this.

The Pro Bowl and a potential bonus monetary incentive tied to it... (which my be in his contract, :Dunno: ).

He was the only Seahawks DB not to make it to the Pro Bowl last year, despite having a very good year. I suspect that really sticks in his craw. The Pro Bowl is largely a popularity contest based on a player's name recognition. Tweeting his pic with Brady and naming himself Optimus Prime gets him the media attention he needs to get noticed in Pro Bowl voting... and perhaps get paid a bonus incentive.

I'm not suggesting this makes Sherman a bad guy or that he should shut up. Quite the contrary, I think he is just playing "the game" smartly and to his benefit.
    SHOCKER315
    NET Veteran

• SHOCKER315 wrote:Sherman is a smart guy. I suspect there is another motive behind all of this.

The Pro Bowl and a potential bonus monetary incentive tied to it... (which my be in his contract, :Dunno: ).

He was the only Seahawks DB not to make it to the Pro Bowl last year, despite having a very good year. I suspect that really sticks in his craw. The Pro Bowl is largely a popularity contest based on a player's name recognition. Tweeting his pic with Brady and naming himself Optimus Prime gets him the media attention he needs to get noticed in Pro Bowl voting... and perhaps get paid a bonus incentive.

I'm not suggesting this makes Sherman a bad guy or that he should shut up. Quite the contrary, I think he is just playing "the game" smartly and to his benefit.

This just feels like deja vu :lol:

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• As long as he locks up Calvin Johnson on sunday, he can say whatever he wants
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• VHawk wrote:I guess Sherman is supposed to genuflect at Johnson before every play?Gimme a break this Seahawk team isnt the NFL's doormat anymore.

Lions are the forever doormat of the NFL. 0-16, in the worst city in America with no jobs.
    SuperBowlXLChamps
    NET Bench Warmer

• SHOCKER315 wrote:Sherman is a smart guy. I suspect there is another motive behind all of this.

meh he trash talked in his first start last year, calling AJ Green overrated. I think its something he does to pump himself up, and get inside the head of opponents.

I have no problem with the trash talk as long as he backs it up, and he has. Its not like he's said anything inappropriate
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran

• I think the only reason Sherman didn't get a pro bowl nod was because he didn't start the season as a starter. I think he's got a good shot at one this year and his fun little jabs (fun for me anyway) will likely only help him with name recognition

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Assuming Sherman continues with his current level of play, I'll be shocked if he's not in the Pro Bowl.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I don't mind it if its not personal. Trash talk is part of the game. I still remember when L Taylor said he was going to knock the snot out of Joe Montana in the Championship Game. it started all the "don't say such a thing " and there where calls for a fine...

I like RS he is a good player and adds to the teams swagger. He seems to be coming to be a leader on the D
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

• I don't see why some people think Sherm is taking it too far. IT'S ALL IN FUN PEOPLE! I'm ok with being humble, but at the same time a little spice it what this team needs. There is nothing wrong with a little trash talk here and there, hey, they don't call him Ringworm Sherm for nothing! Hence why he does what he can to get under their skin, whether it is by being physical on the field or with a little trash talk. If it works then why not? Like VHawk stated, "This team isnt the NFL's doormat anymore!" I just added the exclamation ;) I love it!
    The 12th Commandment:

THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!
    12thMode
    NET Starter

• Missing_Clink wrote:As long as he locks up Calvin Johnson on sunday, he can say whatever he wants

amen!!
    TLD0550
    NET Starter

• Does this make dangeRuss bumble bee?
    slargent4ever
    NET Starter

• God, I love this team.
    Thunderbird
    NET Rookie

• Well he is sticking his neck out. If he gets burnt even once he looks the fool.

Not my style but i guess it is his. Hope it keeps working cause when it doesnt we are all going to be calling for him to shut up.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Hawks46 wrote:This is kind of a reach really. Sherman didn't even say anything to any of the players.

Detroit is just reaching for anything to motivate themselves. Think about it, they're monitoring the twitter accounts of this week's opposition.

No wonder they're playing bad. They should be in the film room or something, not f**king around on twitter.

LMAO! I logged in specifically to nominate this post of the year. Hilarious / factual.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Sherman is the Seahawks vocal leader. He's telling teams that the Seahawks are not in awe of their media star, they may be good , but they are not what the media builds them up to be. Brady and Calvin Johnson are treated as gods in the media, there not gods, just good players. I think it's a good thing to a Seahawk player speak out and say "were not that impressed"
    haroldseattle
    NET Bench Warmer

• SuperBowlXLChamps wrote:

Lions are the forever doormat of the NFL. 0-16, in the worst city in America with no jobs.

And if you leave your house , a crazy squatter can move in and take it over.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

• kidhawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I saw it quoted on a Lions forum.

http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/forums ... stcount=75

Here's the link that it appears to have come from: http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... n_p_2.html

Funny how the only guy complaining is the center...Johnson seems to be taking it all in stride (as it seems to be meant). Of course when they meet on the field, both Johnson and Sherman are going to be motivated, but who isn't? It's a big game for both teams.

I like that guy. I want to go to that forum and tell him he is awesome for taking it like that and not being all mad about football players.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

• I just don't get where the antics are? Optimus Prime - Megatron = adversaries. Seahawks - Lions = adversaries. What has he said that was so bad while using that handle? I follow RS and didn't see anything derogatory.

If Calvin Johnson can't use the fact that he's making millions dollars as motivation. If can't use the fact he's playing in front of thousands of people that are urging him on as motivation. I doubt he can motivate himself from an opponent having a little fun.

RS gained some major respect from me for the whole TB deal. If you remember right, RS was kinda pissed about a comment TB made when asked about the 12's. TB said it was fun to make the home fans boo their team, RS took offense to that, he had OUR backs. This was before all the on field stuff that everyone focused on and I am sure played into RS's reaction after the game.
    Downright thuggish.
    Blitzfan
    * NET Alumni *

• It's hilarious! The NFL needs goofy fun like this stuff. Makes the week go by faster.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

• It's becoming apparent (to me) that the forever. unconventional Pete is letting Sherman run with this stuff. It screams Pete, actually. You know he's getting his rocx off with the attention and has likely told the boys; Go ahead and generate a buzz, have fun, but as soon as you get torched, you're gonna' stop with the antics.

One thing is a certain, Sherman knows how to market himself. Spotlight on him again this week. Good for him.

That's what I think, at least. And I like that (apparently) Pete and the defense are having fun. Now we need the offense to have fun as well. Their current shiz isn't that much fun.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• I love Sherman, however; I would be willing to bet you couldn't count on 2 hands and 2 feet how many times a CB that is about to go up against Megatron has called himself Optimus Prime.

What would be impressive is if Sherman gets that nickname to stick which would mean he would have to completely shutdown Calvin Johnson on Sunday. If he can manage that, then the media hype train Sherman has been building over the course of this season could potentially get that nickname to stick.
    "If the opportunity presents itself, we're going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You're part of us. You helped us start this thing." - John Schneider before releasing Michael Robinson
    Veilside
    NET Veteran

• As a Corner in the NFL you HAVE to be a cocky S.O.B. Its a prerequisite, guys that play CB in the NFL and don't have that sort of swagger are the guys that turn out like Kelley Jennings. You have to believe that nobody can beat you and when they do beat you, you have to be able to believe that they'll never do that crap again.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

• Veilside wrote:I love Sherman, however; I would be willing to bet you couldn't count on 2 hands and 2 feet how many times a CB that is about to go up against Megatron has called himself Optimus Prime.

What would be impressive is if Sherman gets that nickname to stick which would mean he would have to completely shutdown Calvin Johnson on Sunday. If he can manage that, then the media hype train Sherman has been building over the course of this season could potentially get that nickname to stick.

Well nobodys done it publicly and he can either get embarrassed or live up to his own hype. Whatever happens, I love his confidence.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• SeahawksBMX wrote:This is pretty awesome - the REAL Optimus calls RS:

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/ar ... -73067537/

Richard Sherman, Seattle's colorful cornerback who leads the league with 11 passes knocked down, made headlines this week when he changed his Twitter handle to "Optimus Prime," in honor of Sunday's Transformers-worthy matchup with Megatron, All-Pro Detroit receiver Calvin Johnson.

Actor Peter Cullen is the voice of Optimus Prime of the 'Transformers' feature films and cartoons, and I was able to reach him through our mutual friend, Brent Weirick.

Cullen, in turn, called Sherman and — in his Optimus Prime voice — wished him luck against the Lions.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:03 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information