Votes: 4 4.9%

• Total voters

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
WARNING!!!!!

Bestfightstory":8lak1zan said:
KitsapHawk":8lak1zan said:
Ed Reed-Earl Thomas

This is why this thread is moronic and this website is becoming unbearable.

ET has not proven himself to be anywhere near the playmaker Ed Reed has.

AND

Ed Reed WAS NOT a member of the 2000 Baltimore Ravens!!!!!!!!!

Every one of you who read this comparative OP and then voted should have your .NET membership revoked and be castrated.

Do not read this unless you want to be moronic!!

Is there a chance that our team is cursed to be the next 2000 Baltimore Ravens? Not that being a league champ is something to be sad about, but are we just not bound to be an offensive team for the foreseeable future? I see a lot of similarities between our team and the Ravens.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/t ... v/2000.htm
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/t ... a/2012.htm

Ravens made the playoffs despite not winning a division title, similar to us, most likely.

Jamal Lewis-Marshawn Lynch. Both Physical power runners
Lewis Y/PC=4.4 yards.
Marshawn Through week 8= 4.4 yards.

Yards Per Game
Lewis=85.6
Lynch=93.1

Trent Dilfer-Russell Wilson. It hurts to type that, but in my opinion, you either have a high caliber quarterback or one similar to the rest. I know that once he gets out of the rookie funk, he will be among our best Qb's in our history. Basically I do not need to say what has already been said about Wilson. That aside, I love him.

Trent Dilfer Y/PA= 6.6
Russell Wilson Y/PA =7.0

Dilfer (Old) Passer Rating=76.6
Wilson (Old) Passer Rating=79.5

Dilfer Int %= 4.9%
Wilson Int %= 4.0%

Yards per game
Dilfer=136.5
Wilson=175.7 (mostly due to Pats game)

Ray Lewis-Bobby Wagner

Ed Reed-Earl Thomas

Jamie Sharper-Kj Wright

Chris Mcallister-Richard Sherman

I will add more comparative stats later.

Sorry if I offended anyone with my comparisons, but I was looking through similar past teams, and I feel this is so far, our closest match.

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
now in all fairness can we really compare wagner to lewis? The Thomas to reed comparison is spot on. also, keep in mind, ALOT has changed in 12 years. the game is not played the same way, so having the same style might be good, might be bad. IMO our defense has not been trumped by anyone yet we have played 2 of the top 4 offenses in the league. all we need is mediocrity by our offense, which was something the 2000 ravens achieved by the end.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":37j0mgmi said:
Is there a chance that our team is cursed to be the next 2000 Baltimore Ravens? Not that being a league champ is something to be sad about, but are we just not bound to be an offensive team for the foreseeable future? I see a lot of similarities between our team and the Ravens.

Ed Reed-Earl Thomas

AND

Every one of you who read this comparative OP and then voted should have your .NET membership revoked and be castrated.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
bestfightstory":23ok6m0l said:
KitsapHawk":23ok6m0l said:

Ed Reed-Earl Thomas

AND

Dude... Chill out. The forum is unbearable because of this? Stop being so sensitive. People calling out other members for things they don't like or agree with is what makes this site unbearable. I also love irony and hypocrisy.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
It was hyperbole more than anything else, KARVARUS. Lest you believe I support anything but voluntary and elective castration for the football uninformed. Sheesh.

Tical21

Reaction score
The Seahawks have one of the better defenses in the NFL this season. That Baltimore Ravens team had either the first or second best defense in the HISTORY OF THE NFL. Not in the same ballpark, country, planet or solar system.

SuperBowlXLChamps

Reaction score
Tical21":2s65h4a4 said:
The Seahawks have one of the better defenses in the NFL this season. That Baltimore Ravens team had either the first or second best defense in the HISTORY OF THE NFL. Not in the same ballpark, country, planet or solar system.
Different era, hard to compare, you sure listen to ESPN talking heads over-hyping the 2000 Ravens a lot.

1901 Michigan Wolverines>2000 Ravens.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Comparing degrees of "greatness" is not the same as comparing similarities between two teams. The 2000 Ravens could have been the greatest team ever to take the field and still be similar in style and makeup to a team that doesn't do nearly as well. Dismissing this is like ignoring the similar situations of college freshmen and high school freshmen simply because the college freshmen "know so much more than the high schoolers." They're both in similar circumstances, regardless of comparative abilities.

Regardless of individual player parings, there are similarities across the board, but more to the point, we're trying to do something very similar to what they did: break a rookie quarterback into the league and help him gain game experience, while relying on a superb defense and run game to win games for us.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3jozeiin said:
Comparing degrees of "greatness" is not the same as comparing similarities between two teams. The 2000 Ravens could have been the greatest team ever to take the field and still be similar in style and makeup to a team that doesn't do nearly as well. Dismissing this is like ignoring the similar situations of college freshmen and high school freshmen simply because the college freshmen "know so much more than the high schoolers." They're both in similar circumstances, regardless of comparative abilities.

Regardless of individual player parings, there are similarities across the board, but more to the point, we're trying to do something very similar to what they did: break a rookie quarterback into the league and help him gain game experience, while relying on a superb defense and run game to win games for us.

Good grief. Now Trent Dilfer was a rookie in 2000??

Who knew?

SuperBowlXLChamps

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":9h1c7m98 said:
we're trying to do something very similar to what they did: break a rookie quarterback into the league and help him gain game experience, while relying on a superb defense and run game to win games for us.

Who were the 2000 Ravens breaking in?

5th year QB Banks?

7th year QB Dilfer?

Please explain.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I sure hope we're not the 2000 Ravens. They haven't done much since.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
This team is not even close to the 2000 Ravens. Please stop!

That team had a dominant D, great run game, and a unreal return game with Jermaine Lewis.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
2000 Baltimore Ravens Team stats:

- #14 Rated Offense
- Average of 20.81 points per game
- #22 Passing offense
- #4 Rushing offense
- #1 rated Defense giving up 10 pts per game

2012 Hawks Team stats:

- #26 rated offense (#31 passing, #8 rushing)
- 16 pts per game
- #3 rated Defense giving up 15 pts per game

So just going by stats, the Hawks D is not as good as the Raven's D, and the Hawks offense is quite a bit worse than the Ravens offense was. The Ravens also were rated higher in punt and kickoff return average and scoring and turnover differential.

Moral of this story........not.............even................close.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
bestfightstory":2he1ix2w said:
Seahawk Sailor":2he1ix2w said:

Good grief. Now Trent Dilfer was a rookie in 2000??

Who knew?

Eh, mixed them up with the 2008 Ravens, another similar club. In any case, the point remains, as do the similarities: still relying on a superb defense and run game to win the games, whether compensating for a rookie learning the ropes or an average quarterback that never quite learned them.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
How many of the top 2 or 3 defenses each season really gets remembered. We have a great defense, a top 5 defense but that Ravens defense is remembered as one of the all time top defenses. Pretty big difference.

OP
OP
K

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3etpy3p9 said:
2000 Baltimore Ravens Team stats:

- #14 Rated Offense
- Average of 20.81 points per game
- #22 Passing offense
- #4 Rushing offense
- #1 rated Defense giving up 10 pts per game

2012 Hawks Team stats:

- #26 rated offense (#31 passing, #8 rushing)
- 16 pts per game
- #3 rated Defense giving up 15 pts per game

So just going by stats, the Hawks D is not as good as the Raven's D, and the Hawks offense is quite a bit worse than the Ravens offense was. The Ravens also were rated higher in punt and kickoff return average and scoring and turnover differential.

Moral of this story........not.............even................close.

If you objectively look at individual player stats that I posted, it is alot easier to see the similarities between the players.

Latest posts